9mm Suppressor....need advice

• Replies 20
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

hey hey now...if you all come my way you can shoot the M11 too :lol:

Yeah... but it's like driving your friend's really nice car. It's fun, and nice of him and all... but it's that smile on your buddy's face in the rear view mirror as you drive off in your pinto. That... that... grin. LOL!

If it's any consolation... I've never loathed such a nice guy. :up:

PM replied... If you want to try my full auto rated Trident9 on the MG (I have a mount just for it), we can arrange that. I will not be responsible for the permanent grin that will be on your face afterward though, lol...

Seems like thats what everyone is selling these days...hows the maintenance on em...how do they compare to a gemtech?

Alot cheaper than AAC or Gemtech. My opinion is that alot of the BS in the suppressor business is hype.

As far as maintenance goes, there really isn't any. Maybe some hi-temp anti-seize stuff on the threads, carb/brake cleaner after shooting followed by a bristle brush and alot of hoppe's. Finish with some more spray in cleaner, light coat of oil and put away.

Guest TwoLaneBlackTop

I would not use the SWR Trident 9 on the M11/9 too much, nor would I use any of the 1.25" or 1.375" diameter 9mm suppressors that are primarily for pistol use but rated for F/A on a regular basis. This includes the EVO9, SWR Trident, and GemTech Multi-Mount. They are great pistol cans, and do decent job on a sub-gun but are not really intended for long term sustained high ROF. Also these smaller volume cans especially on an open bolt sub-gun can and will cause your rate of fire to fluctuate considerably.

I own a SWR trident 9, it's a great do it all 9mm can. It's my favorite 9mm pistol can on the market. I also own a SWR Spectre 22 can and it's very nice so I am a big fan of SWR products. But, with the rate of fire your M11/9 has you really should get a dedicated 9mm sub-gun can.

If you look at the big newer production sub-gun cans like the Viper from Gemtech, the MK9 from AWC, and I will even mention the low buck Coastal MIMS. You will find all of the dedicated sub-gun cans offer lots of decibel reduction and are much more effective for your application. I really like the Coastal MIMS myself. It's a big, cheap, yet highly effective large volume can that can easily be taken apart for cleaning. I run 9mm and 22 through mine and it even does well with the 22. You can get a new MIMS if you look around for about $225, and no other sub-gun can comes close to offering this much dB. reduction for your $.

Edited by TwoLaneBlackTop
  • 2 weeks later...
Guest TwoLaneBlackTop
Twolane...does it matter that mine has the Lage upper that slows the ROF down to 650rpm?

Running the multi-use cans like the Trident is fine on a sub-gun, just don't do it all the time and I would advise against back to back to back mag dumps and such through it. The slower the rate of fire the easier it will be on the can. If you shoot your sub-gun a lot, and most of the shooting will be done with a can you might want to consider a dedicated sub-gun suppressor. However, if it is just an occasional range toy stick with just your trident unless you just want another can (and who doesn't)