Obviously the economy is improving!

Raoul

• Replies 10
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

It just blows me away! How do you post a 1.2 billion loss yet begin to repay 1 billion per quarter towards your government loan? It's easy...The US Taxpayer! Yes the stimulus package. These idiots will kill this country sooner than later.

Am I right in saying that they took our money, made their books balance out, are still no better than they were before, and are paying us back with our own money?

As for the post office. People have gone paperless with their bills and get their news and magazines online. They failed to change with the times and it will cost them in the long run.

It just blows me away! How do you post a 1.2 billion loss yet begin to repay 1 billion per quarter towards your government loan? It's easy...The US Taxpayer! Yes the stimulus package. These idiots will kill this country sooner than later.

Correct, the 1st payment will be from the moeny that they received from the bailout.

I like how that works... now if I can just find somebody that will loan me a billion bucks I will promise to pay them back $50,000 every month.:rolleyes:

• Administrator

Privatization could maybe turn the post office around, but I'm not sure it is something the American public care enough about to suffer through the inevitable bumps along the way if it were to happen.

Just my minor bit of exposure to shipping items through the USPS as a result of selling TGO hats and stuff has lead me to believe that they do have a viable product, but their profitability is hampered by the typical government excess and somewhat lethargic employees.

• Administrator
USPS service just sucks,and is unreliable for anything other then letters...and even then if it has to get there,best use UPS,Fedex,or DHL.

When coupled with the same price as using UPS,no wonder they're no making any money.

UPS has destroyed or lost more of packages than I care to think about. FedEx always has seem to had their stuff together but they are a little more expensive. I've seriously had no problems with USPS.

UPS has destroyed or lost more of packages than I care to think about. FedEx always has seem to had their stuff together but they are a little more expensive. I've seriously had no problems with USPS.

Use to do an uber amount of radiator shipments where I worked,and yes,UPS would be known to damage them being big,and frigile,but they never lost anything.Maybe "delayed" but it always got there,regaurdless of how many pieces it arrived in :rolleyes:

USPS though has lost several things for me and their times are unreliable,and generally slower.

As far as overall goodness goes,DHL never lost,nor damaged anything,and price competitive with UPS.

But at anyrate,USPS is always going to lose money aslong as there are competitors offering comparable\better service,and customer pick-ups