Do you vote everytime?

Do you vote in every election?  

74 members have voted

1. 1. Do you vote in every election?

• YES
    • NO

With the current ruling restricting our right to carry we are all pretty pissed off. However as citizens of the US we have resposibilities and we also have the right to change things we don't like. It's called the ballot box.

I am curious what percentage of us actually vote. So here's the question:

DO YOU VOTE EVERY ELECTION IF IT IS AT ALL POSSIBLE?

If you only vote every 4 years, vote NO. If you vote as often as possible, barring illnes or other circumstances, vote YES.

Remember that no one can find out how you vote, and please be honest.

• Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I vote in every election. I also make sure to study the issues and candidates before entering the polling booth. I usually get a sample ballot and make sure I know everything that is going to be voted on.

One of my pet peeves is people who go and vote and don't have a clue who or what they are voting for. When I strike up a conversation and someone says "I don't know who I'm voting for as President, guess I'll figure it out when I get there" it makes my blood boil. If you can't make an intelligent, informed decision, then do us all a favor and just stay home!

Even though I no longer claim any political party affiliation, I do vote every election. I register as a Republican ( I am a free market Conservative)for the primary because there also local offices included in the primary election and local referendums for local issues at General elections.

I believe that the system does work very well and fairly at local (State/County) level. National elections have been hijacked however.I know that it is not a democratic election at national level because we are force fed who will run through the Primary System and National Conventions but I can't morally say anything if I don't vote and again there are other issues voted on during the election process.

This by the way is how historians support the contention that 75% of WWII Germany was Nazi. You could vote and register Nazi or you could register and vote Communist. Most people who registered and voted for the NSDAP weren't pro-Nazi, they were just afraid of the Communists! Hitler did come to power through a "democratic" election.

Edited by wjh2657
Guest clownsdd

Every election since '68. The first thing I ask someone before getting into a "political" discussion is if they voted. If no...there is no sense in carrying on the discussion.

Ya don't vote, ya can't complain.

Guest HexHead

I vote at every opportunity. My thinking is that if you don't vote, you have NO right to complain. And everyone knows by now what a complainin' sumbitch I am. :dropjaw:

Guest HexHead

This by the way is how historians support the contention that 75% of WWII Germany was Nazi. You could vote and register Nazi or you could register and vote Communist. Most people who registered and voted for the NSDAP weren't pro-Nazi, they were just afraid of the Communists! Hitler did come to power through a "democratic" election.

I wonder if they ended up rounding up all the "registered" Communists?

I vote at every opportunity. My thinking is that if you don't vote, you have NO right to complain. And everyone knows by now what a complainin' sumbitch I am. :P

Exactly. Something like 7,000 TOTAL people voted in the last Knoxville elections. I do NOT want to hear people b!tching about the idiocy coming from the Knoxville city council until the next election is over. HOW can they only get 7000 of 100,000+ voters to show up? :dirty:

Voting is not the line on who may complain,and who may not.

There's plenty of other ways to get your views seen without voting.

Attending city counsel meetings for instance can have just as much,if not more power then then going to the polls.

You can vote on something one time when its in its last stages.

If you get involved in the early stages,it may never reach the polls...

Guest HexHead
Voting is not the line on who may complain,and who may not.

I think you missed the point. If at the very least you can't be bothered to show up at the polling place to vote, you've got no right to complain.

I think you missed the point. If at the very least you can't be bothered to show up at the polling place to vote, you've got no right to complain.

T think you missed my point.

In case you did:

Attending city counsel meetings for instance can have just as much,if not more power then then going to the polls.

You can vote on something one time when its in its last stages.

If you get involved in the early stages,it may never reach the polls...

I'm not saying one is a substitute for the other.

Im saying voting is not the most important in all cases.

If you have great success with doing that,and getting what you want,then whats the point in voting if the only things represented in the ballot you have no interest in?

In which case you have just as much right to complain about the way things are

Guest H0TSH0T

Sorry guys, I will vote when someone is worthy of being in office, I understand the civic duty and all that , but I also feel in my hart that voting is like vouching for someone, who ever you vote for you are the one responsible for the consequences, you put them in office and shall be the first to suffer for it. I wish there were a none of the above on the ballot then i would kinda like in Brewster's Millions, and if no one were to beat out the none of the above vote put some different candidates up for election in stead of two jackasses that are the same when you really look at it.

Guest earthworm

& a big 'A-MAN!' those who say get & stay involved by attending council etc. meetings,contacting the elected offical,& generally making a pest of yourself.Squeaky wheels ya know...

Guest jackdm3

Not sure how to vote on this poll, because since turning 18 in '89, I always go to the polls, but sometimes I don't vote for any candidates. I do vote for the candidates that I feel represent me at that time, but if no candidate is a candidate for me, I simply put the card in, enter "done" immediately, and pull the card out.To me, that is a valid vote of my conscience as well.

Guest H0TSH0T

I think you have missed the point, as a citizen you have the right to complain as well as vote, both at current are just as pointless until a true representative of your views and opinions become a candidate. Then by all means vote for them.

Edited by H0TSH0T