NORRIS SHOOT?

• Replies 107
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I've shot plastic bottles waterfilled or not, a Styrofoam dummy, heavy steel plate, and of course steel spinner targets I set up.

Of course we've always cleaned up plastic remains and etc before leaving.

- OS

I did not know spinners were okay at Norris. I wouldn't mind setting some out at distance as I like shooting reactive targets. I used to love shooting at Norris, but the past few years it has gotten so crowded that I usually drive the extra distance to one of the WMA ranges. Maybe I'll give it another shot (pun intended).

I did not know spinners were okay at Norris. I wouldn't mind setting some out at distance as I like shooting reactive targets. ....

Again, I've set up reactive steel targets many times at 20-30 yards, steel plate at 120 yards, plastic bottles, etc. There's nothing on the rules sheet they give you against it. There is an older sign at range itself that says, among other things, "paper targets" only.

I've never been shooting the steels, skeet, or plastic bottles there when an officer was around, so I don't want to blanket say it's "okay".

- OS

I am off tomorrow. I will give them a call and find out the details.

Thanks again!

Pretty simple. If you want to do one session you pay $15 plus a key deposit of maybe 10 more, can't remember. Have to drop key back off after to get deposit.

Or pay $30, you get key good for a year, June 30-June 30.

Range is maybe 7 miles from PD.

No brainer if you intend to shoot 2 times or more in that period. You'd get about 7 months for the bucks if you joined now.

PD is open 24/7 btw, range open all year daylight only, except for about 2.5 weeks during hunts in Oct and Nov.

-OS

I would say platezilla is weather dependent. If it is wet I ain't attempting to drag that thing 150 arshins out onto the range. but if it is dry, and someone helps load it I will bring it along. Need to work on some way to stand it up. Bring the sledge hammer anyway.

Guest 70below

Ahhhhhh......the mighty 45-70! No wonder you've been itchin for a rolling block...... Anybody got one of those .577 T-Rex we can play with? :2cents:

I may have to load up some stout .500 S&W rounds! Anybody want bloody knuckles??

Guest 70below
I would say platezilla is weather dependent. If it is wet I ain't attempting to drag that thing 150 arshins out onto the range. but if it is dry, and someone helps load it I will bring it along. Need to work on some way to stand it up. Bring the sledge hammer anyway.

Mike, didn't that thing come with a Russian peasant woman to haul it and pace it off?

It's more like 160.7 arshins. :2cents:

Ahhhhhh......the mighty 45-70! No wonder you've been itchin for a rolling block...... Anybody got one of those .577 T-Rex we can play with? :D

I may have to load up some stout .500 S&W rounds! Anybody want bloody knuckles??

Ya know....I'm silly enough to be willing to pay for some bloody knuckles. Seriously, I'm willing to try.....even willing to pay to try. I'm game!!! :lol:

Soooooo sunday's lookin' th best right now.....well with TN weather, anythings possible....

Guest 70below

That .500 is one cool gun, just a lot of fun.........you can load it light enough to feel like plinking .38's or stout enough to bring down an elephant........LOL..........maybe we should just visit the Zoo instead?

Guest bkelm18
That .500 is one cool gun, just a lot of fun.........you can load it light enough to feel like plinking .38's or stout enough to bring down an elephant........LOL..........maybe we should just visit the Zoo instead?

I dunno.... the elephant curator is quite an avid hunter himself, so you may soon find yourself being the hunted instead of the hunter.... :lol:

Sat. fine with me too, just reporting.

After all, some guys put nancy pads on Mosins and melt in the rain. ;)

I'm goin' up Friday, too, I think. Will warm the place up for us.

Got 'nother .22 scope coming for my stainless 10/22 and a new higher front sight on the Marlin .357, I need to get 'em both right.

- OS

Edited by OhShoot