NORRIS SHOOT?

• Replies 107
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Maybe next weekend? I picked up a riot gun on the way back from Memphis today that needs attention...

Next weekend good for me...

I'd think riot gun best to have IN Memphis!

Are you putting color water in them so they'll look awesome when they explode?!?

Ooooo, hmmm, never thought of that.

What would one use, like food coloring from supermarket?

- OS

Guest blackbeltchick

Yes, food coloring will do, use as many drops as you wish. The darker the better. But wait, I have to be in Georgia next weekend. Save it until I can join the shoot Oh Shoot!

So when's this goin' down??

Next Sunday now?? What time's everyone thinking??

If everyone's gona bring thier shotty's, I'll just have to bring my newest purchase if I can get it picked up this week.....;)

Make sure to bring warm chothing as it only getting colder....:tough:

Guest mosinon

I thought Norris was paper only... I'd love to shoot some other stuff. Last time I was there (for about 15 minutes) I was laying waste to spent shotgun shells with the mighty phoenix 22! Well, "laying waste" is too strong of a term but those shotgun shells didn't want a thing to do with me.

Anyway, what are the rules about what you can shoot? I know people shoot clays there all the time and I wouldn't mind shooting ice or something that someone else wouldn't have to clean up. Or even some home made ballistics gel.

Any ideas on just how much you can get away with at Norris? Watermelons? Pumpkins? Drugged deer?

Any ideas on just how much you can get away with at Norris? Watermelons? Pumpkins? Drugged deer?

There are a couple of no no's on painted sign there that are NOT on the rules sheet/contract you sign and get a copy of, so I don't know whether/if they are ever enforced or just left overs.

The only thing it forbids is "firing above the horizontal", although I've seen folks throw clays there on weekdays. Lots of folks use stationary clays to bust with rifles. There were pumpkin remains there recently.

I've shot plastic bottles waterfilled or not, a Styrofoam dummy, heavy steel plate, and of course steel spinner targets I set up.

Of course we've always cleaned up plastic remains and etc before leaving.

- OS

Yes, food coloring will do, use as many drops as you wish. The darker the better. But wait, I have to be in Georgia next weekend. Save it until I can join the shoot Oh Shoot!

Hey, we're going to Georgia next weekend too! Guess I'll have to shoot Mike.357's new toy some other time. :drama:

As far as targets go, I did see Phantom6 shoot pvc up there once. :D