Tiger Woods Seriously Injured in Car Crash

A-hole or not, according to the radio, he stated that he's solely responsible for the accident and that all the rumors are BS (the Rachel Uchitel thing did come from the Enquirer). This will probably blow over, and Tiger will continue slaughtering the competition, and people will hate him for it. Bashing in the back window to rescue him from the front does seem a bit odd, though.

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The main thing Tiger is: the best golfer who ever played.

He has done more, in less time, and most tellingly of all, against MUCH stronger fields than Jack, Arnie, Hogan, et al, ever dreamed of. The overall skill level in pro golf today is super higher level than in the previous legends' heydays.

There's hardly a statistic in the books that Tiger hasn't already surpassed, or will, assuming he stays physically and mentally sound enough to play another 10 years or so at even 90% of his best effort.

Too bad he's maybe not nearly as personally NICE as Jack, but give a devil his due.

And don't discount all the charity bucks he raises. Matter of fact, you can credit Tiger with a sharp upswing in ALL charity money from the Tour, since purses have gone up in direct response to his participation. In that sense also, he has changed golf in a way that one man has never before.

- OS

Guest mosinon
The main thing Tiger is: the best golfer who ever played.

He has done more, in less time, and most tellingly of all, against MUCH stronger fields than Jack, Arnie, Hogan, et al, ever dreamed of. The overall skill level in pro golf today is super higher level than in the previous legends' heydays.

There's hardly a statistic in the books that Tiger hasn't already surpassed, or will, assuming he stays physically and mentally sound enough to play another 10 years or so at even 90% of his best effort.

Too bad he's maybe not nearly as personally NICE as Jack, but give a devil his due.

And don't discount all the charity bucks he raises. Matter of fact, you can credit Tiger with a sharp upswing in ALL charity money from the Tour, since purses have gone up in direct response to his participation. In that sense also, he has changed golf in a way that one man has never before.

- OS

While I find it odd that being a good golfer necessarily means you should be a good guy I'll take issue with one thing:

Jack isn't all that nice. From what I've heard heard, and from my own (very brief) interaction with Jack that guy is pretty much a jerk.

Which is fine, I wanted to see him play golf, not to see him host a tea party.

Is Tiger Woods the best golfer ever? Well, what about young Tom Morris? That guy won all the time! Sure, three people played the game at that time but out of those three people he was the best.

Tiger is by far the best golfer ever. He plays longer, harder courses. Better competition and so forth. Somehow being the best at what he is supposed to be the best at isn't enough, he's got to be a nice guy as well?

I suspect "nice guy" isn't high on his priority list.

"This situation is my fault, and it's obviously embarrassing to my family and me," Woods said on his Web site. "I'm human and I'm not perfect. I will certainly make sure this doesn't happen again."

That quote was from a bit on MSN's website.

Why, or how could he make sure it does not happen again? Wasn't it an accident?

Why is it embarrasing?

I think there is a lot more to this than meets the eye. His statement sure makes it sound that way.

A-hole or not, according to the radio, he stated that he's solely responsible for the accident and that all the rumors are BS (the Rachel Uchitel thing did come from the Enquirer). This will probably blow over, and Tiger will continue slaughtering the competition, and people will hate him for it. Bashing in the back window to rescue him from the front does seem a bit odd, though.

The picture I saw of the Escalade this morning, showed that it was not the rear hatch window that was busted out, it was the back seat window, just behind the driver seat that was busted out. With the seat leaned back, you could get access easier and the glass would not shatter on top of the driver.. as you can see in the picture. This makes a little more sense...

http://www.blogsmithmedia.com/stadium.weblogsinc.com/tmz/images/2009/11/tiger_woods_0011_Layer_12_full.jpg

tiger_woods_0011_Layer_12_full.jpg

That quote was from a bit on MSN's website.

Why, or how could he make sure it does not happen again? Wasn't it an accident?

Why is it embarrasing?

I think there is a lot more to this than meets the eye. His statement sure makes it sound that way.

He could have easily said, Saturday or Sunday, that he was headed out, was looking at his phone, or not paying attention, whatever, hit the fire hydrant, hit tree and then said something clever like, at least I play golf better than I drive....and it would be over.

All this drama, self induced by him, is why it all looks weird.

I'm not a hater of his, don't care one way or the other what he is like, he is one of the best, if not THE best golfer ever.

Edited by db99wj
Guest HexHead
While I find it odd that being a good golfer necessarily means you should be a good guy I'll take issue with one thing:

Jack isn't all that nice. From what I've heard heard, and from my own (very brief) interaction with Jack that guy is pretty much a jerk.

Which is fine, I wanted to see him play golf, not to see him host a tea party.

I used to be friendly with a guy that once played in a pro-am with Sam Snead. He was pretty jazzed about it. He walked up to introduce himself to Snead as part of the foursome.

Sneed looked at him, said "I hate ****ing amateurs", and walked to the tee.

I'm sure it was an enjoyable afternoon after that. :P

I used to be friendly with a guy that once played in a pro-am with Sam Snead. He was pretty jazzed about it. He walked up to introduce himself to Snead as part of the foursome.

I'm sure it was an enjoyable afternoon after that. :P

I didn't realize Sam Snead was gay.

I'm sure it was an enjoyable afternoon after that. :)

In all fairness, He didnt say Male or female amateurs.

A + B = C

Or am I missing something.

Other than one of the previous posts, I've never heard of him quitting in the middle of tournaments, tearing up hotel rooms, womanizing (other than a tabloid article), or being in trouble with the law. What has he done? If Woods is a jerk, John Daly must be a world class a**hole.

There was one a couple of years ago, he quit or " withdrew", when it was apparent he wouldn't make the cut.

Tiger has now ducked HIS OWN tournament this weekend, no other statement forthcoming.

While he has every legal right to do what he's doing, it's really looking rather catastrophic for him PR wise - skipping his own Chevron World Challenge (which directly benefits his own highly hyped charity efforts) on a lame excuse issued through his agent shows he's getting some really poor advice from his inner circle, methinks.

- OS

I saw a report last night, I think on ESPN, that said the state police were asking the hospital if the injuries were consistant with the vehicle accident. Reading between the lines I came up with this scenario:

Tiger shows up in the tabloids linked to a woman that is not his wife. The wife see's the tabloid. The wife takes a golf club to Tiger. To cover the embarasment, Tiger jumps in his Escalade and drives it into a tree at a low speed. Look, I got injured in a traffic accident.

I'm not claiming that this is the case but the pieces seem to fit.

great detective work Motasyco. I likey!

I was thinking more along the lines that she whipped his butt, ( at least he did not hit her back). He tried to leave and she took a golf club to his car, aiming for the drivers window but missing and hitting the rear window.

I think I like your's better

It has just been reported that Phil Mickelson contacted Tiger's wife, Elin, to pick up some tips on how to beat Tiger.

The police asked Elin how many times she hit him. She replied, "I don't know exactly, but put me down for a 5."

Tiger Woods is so rich that he owns lots of expensive cars. Now he has a hole in one.

What's the difference between a car and a golf ball? Tiger can drive a golf ball 400 yards.

What were Tiger Woods and his wife doing out at 2.30 in the morning? They were clubbing.

It has just been reported that Phil Mickelson contacted Tiger's wife, Elin, to pick up some tips on how to beat Tiger.

The police asked Elin how many times she hit him. She replied, "I don't know exactly, but put me down for a 5."

Tiger Woods is so rich that he owns lots of expensive cars. Now he has a hole in one.

What's the difference between a car and a golf ball? Tiger can drive a golf ball 400 yards.

What were Tiger Woods and his wife doing out at 2.30 in the morning? They were clubbing.

:koolaid::rofl::woohoo::rofl::owned:

She was clubbing... he was just trying to stay out'a her reach. :up: