Who Zapped the Knoxville Gun Show Thread?

The Knoxville show is the same weekend as the Midsouth, maybe TGO doesn't want to advertise competition on the same weekend ....just sayin ?? ;)

That would be kind of weak. Three hours away is not real competition for them. For me it is too far, for others they will go because of what it has been billed as being. I doubt the Mid South thing has much to fear from our thread. Dunno?

But I am picking up what you are putting down if yanno know what I mean.

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The Knoxville show is the same weekend as the Midsouth, maybe TGO doesn't want to advertise competition on the same weekend ....just sayin ?? ;)

I can't believe "TGO" would be so petty as to do that, even if a 6 hour distant venue were competition.

- OS

Guest Bluemax
I can't believe "TGO" would be so petty as to do that, even if a 6 hour distant venue were competition.

- OS

I don't mean to imply thet are being petty, the owner of tis forum has countless hours and money devoted to it and must treat it like a business to ensure it's success. With that being said, I have noticed a somewhat aversion to competitive news...remember a certain legume like ex member from choo choo town ?

Guest 70below

I'm split depending on how long my job in ohio goes this week. If I get back on time, I'm planning on spending time with friends in Nashville and heading to the guns and gear on Saturday. If the job runs long, I'll be having a discussion with the fellow that sold me the crappy magazines at the last gun show, and yes, possibly shooting at Norris.

Has there been a no-bs definitive list of who is actually going to be at either show?

Oh, there never is one at any of the RK or Goodman (or whatever) ones we get here.

At least never seen one.

Georgia Arms keeps a calendar on their website.

- OS

Guest Bluemax

As much as I would have liked attending the Mid South, I will be at the Knox show Saturday if anyone wants to get together before for breakfast or at the show

Guys I dont know what happened to the Knox show thread, but I dont think its a secret that there are like 3 shows going on that same weekend.

Pick which show makes the most sense for you.

The Expo wont be as "big" as the established show in Knoxville.

This is the very first Expo, and our vision for it is a bit different than what you have seen at other shows.

With time, I think people will come to appreciate the Expo format, and will choose it over other tradition jerky conventions.

Whichever show you choose, have a great time, and hope you find lots of great deals!

I don't mean to imply thet are being petty, the owner of tis forum has countless hours and money devoted to it and must treat it like a business to ensure it's success. With that being said, I have noticed a somewhat aversion to competitive news...remember a certain legume like ex member from choo choo town ?

That guy was banned for being an overall douche,and not knowing when to let something lay to rest that shouldn't have been an issue.

It had nothing to do with his affiliation with working shows.

If it did,I'm sure everyone else that has a table at shows would also be banned,doncha think?

As far as what happened to the missing thread,I dunno what happened to it.

I did notice yesterday that someone had been banned that had previously been banned here. If that person had created the thread in question,then it could have been deleted in the process of cleaning.

That guy was banned for being an overall douche,and not knowing when to let something lay to rest that shouldn't have been an issue.

It had nothing to do with his affiliation with working shows.

If it did,I'm sure everyone else that has a table at shows would also be banned,doncha think?

As far as what happened to the missing thread,I dunno what happened to it.

I did notice yesterday that someone had been banned that had previously been banned here. If that person had created the thread in question,then it could have been deleted in the process of cleaning.

You take your logic elsewhere, mister.

Why won't the shows just post the dealers who have purchased booth space? It makes sense to me. I'm going to the TGO show with a few freinds, but would really like to know what to expect from the dealers. The manufacturers are nice, but all they'll do is show me their products. I can't actually buy directly from them, unless there's something I don't know. And I'm assuming, even if I could buy from them, they would charge strict MSRP.

This is the very first Expo, and our vision for it is a bit different than what you have seen at other shows.

With time, I think people will come to appreciate the Expo format, and will choose it over other tradition jerky conventions.

Heck if your show was closer it would be a no brainer as to which one would be better to attend. I love gun shows, even with beef jerky and jewelry booths, I have no doubt what you guys are putting on will make a traditional show pale in comparison. I wish it was closer to Knox.

I wish you guys nothing but grand success.

Winchester is only 3 hours and 3 minutes from Knoxville, according to mapquest. It's 1 hour and 53 minutes from Goodlettsville.

So round-trip time from Knoxville is 6 hours 6 minutes, 3 hours 46 minutes from Goodlettsville. Like OS said, 6 hours drive time for us.

Regardless, as much as I would like to see the inaugural Guns & Gear Expo, cant really afford to burn up a whole day this time of year driving around...too much going on.

I'll be at the Knoxville show around 9:30 or whatever time Mike.357 tells me to be there.

Guest Caveman
As much as I would have liked attending the Mid South, I will be at the Knox show Saturday if anyone wants to get together before for breakfast or at the show

I'm with you, I would like to attend the TGO show, but I can't make a day trip on Saturday, so I will be attending the one here in K-town. I'm down for breakfast before hand though. Just name the place.

I'm with you, I would like to attend the TGO show, but I can't make a day trip on Saturday, so I will be attending the one here in K-town. I'm down for breakfast before hand though. Just name the place.

Now, all you Knoxvillians expect us Nashvillians to come to Knoxville about 7 times a year so y'all can keep your economy going (not to mention sending our kids and the millions of $ that come with them). Why can't y'all return the favor, just once?

Now, all you Knoxvillians expect us Nashvillians to come to Knoxville about 7 times a year so y'all can keep your economy going

That is a broad brush you paint with. I could care less if anyone comes to Knoxville.

( am a suspecting you speak with tongue in cheek , so am i ;)

Dont know, but im gonna do the 3 hour drive and see if I have better luck at the "TGO" EXPO instead. Im tired of beef jerky and cutlery...I want some guns and new products damn*t! ;-D
Wanna ride with me this time? I'm leaving WAY too early for a Saturday and meeting up with 70below. With no Georgia Arms this time around, I'll probably be skipping the Knox show altogether.

Sounds like the common theme here and in other threads is that it should have been located closer to central TN/Nashville and NOT down south of Nashville. I have been down there a few times on other business and it is one long, boring azz drive.

Looks like alot of people that would have been there, won't be because it is in BFE. Not to mention other known factors such as other more established shows are going on.

Maybe next time.....;)