Where in TN to buy REAL black powder???

I seem to have searched high & low, hither & yon but I cannot find actual black powder anywhere! I don't mind mail-ordering GOEX from Powders inc. but I begrudge the $45 HAZMAT fee. I can't imagine using 20 or 30 pounds in the next couple of years that would warrant the fee & I don't know anyone I could split a case with.

Can anyone help?!

• Replies 13
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest 70below

I believe Bass Pro Shops carries it in their stores too, you just have to ask for it, they keep it in the back.

Dixie Gun Works probably has it too.

Edited by 70below

There is a bait shop just north of the river on highway 109 in Gallatin that stocks GOEX black powder. The name of the place escapes me at the moment.

Poindexter's!!!

Poindexter Bait Shop

1380 Old State Highway 109, Gallatin, TN

(615) 452-7550‎

I;d give them a call before driving up there, but they've always had it in the past.

Edited by gregintenn
Guest Whiskers

One of the pawn/gun shops in Crossville has it. Can't remember the name of it, but I belive it's on or very near Hwy 70 right in town (close to the McDonalds). There is also a shop on Snapps Ferry Road in Greenville, TN that sells it.

Guest BEARMAN

Dickson sporting goods on hwy.46 just north of I-40 west of Nashville, also used to carry a good supply of goex bp in all grains. But, i would call them first...just to make sure :bored:

Guest Whiskers

Followup:

Dave's Pawn Shop (in Crossville) was the one which sold BP. The pawn shop moved out of the old part of town to next door to the Sonic on US-127. I stopped by there last week. They told me they could not sell until OK'd by ATF because of the address change.... The employee also commented that not very many people asked about "real" BP any more.