Firearm Sales

Guest pawn

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

http://www.tngunowners.com/forums/trading-post-notices-faqs/5-all-out-state-firearms-transfers-require-ffl.html

Go to the forum main page. Then go look at the firearm classifieds section. Read the info before right next to the link. All out of state firearms transfers require ffl. I don't understand why you keep asking. Unless you are trying to catch someone slipping up. Thus the fish. Call it tinfoil based on your screen name and the quote in your sigline.

I came to this forum as a fellow TN gun owner and enthusiast. Suntzu, this is the 1st time asked that specific question i.e out of state. If you are lame enough to think I am a fed, please stop reading this post now. Thanks for your time.

To the rest of us, a friend wants to buy my CZ 452 varmint. I just bought a BRNO Model 4 and decided to offset the purchase by selling my varmint. He lives in AL and wanted to travel to TN to purchase the rifle. I did not think it was legal but checked back on this thread and felt it was appropriate to ask the question for a quick confirmation among the group.

OhShoot, thanks for your reply.

Suntzu, self appointed code of conduct violator of TGO - if this type of post represents what one can expect on this forum, I no longer wish to participate.

I came to this forum as a fellow TN gun owner and enthusiast. Suntzu, this is the 1st time asked that specific question i.e out of state. If you are lame enough to think I am a fed, please stop reading this post now. Thanks for your time.

To the rest of us, a friend wants to buy my CZ 452 varmint. I just bought a BRNO Model 4 and decided to offset the purchase by selling my varmint. He lives in AL and wanted to travel to TN to purchase the rifle. I did not think it was legal but checked back on this thread and felt it was appropriate to ask the question for a quick confirmation among the group.

OhShoot, thanks for your reply.

Suntzu, self appointed code of conduct violator of TGO - if this type of post represents what one can expect on this forum, I no longer wish to participate.

The I do apologize, pawn. When you asked your question originally, it was vague. It never mentioned why you would want to know. The answer is written in the main thread link to the firearms classified and also in the FAQ of firearm sales as I posted above. With PI's going to gun shows to catch people not following the laws, I would be wary, as anyone should be. There is an announcement on the main page regarding being wary of who you share information with about NFA trusts. Its the internet, I don't know you. You come in with generic questions about legal situations and with all of the negative attention people try and bring to bear on gunowners its easy to be extra cautious.

Anyways, I apologize for ruffling your feathers. I hope your sell goes well. But lighten up, especially with your last remark. And I didn't self appoint, I'm not a moderator. Don't break your internet muscles. :)

Ok Suntzu. I take your points and accept your apology. I would like to apologize as well. I hadn't considered the viewpoint you bring up... sorry if I over-reacted. Us gun enthusists should stick together.

Thanks,

Mark

Sounds good to me. I demand a range report on the Model 4, though. :biglol:

10-4, hope to receive her the end of next week. Gonna scope it with a Weaver V-24. I already have a BRNO Model 1 and love it. Have wanted a Mod 4 for several years. They are hard to come by..... :shhh:

• 4 weeks later...

OK, gonna resurrect this thread one more time.

I have a business meeting in AL in a few weeks. Ok to bring the rifle with me, meet my friend at an AL FFL holders shop and run the transfer that way? Save shipping fees...

Please advise, thank for your patience.

Mark

I have a business meeting in AL in a few weeks. Ok to bring the rifle with me, meet my friend at an AL FFL holders shop and run the transfer that way? Save shipping fees...

Mark

I for one can see no reason why that wouldn't be perfectly fine.

Fed law doesn't say anything about shipping vs hand delivering to FFL.

You might could run into a hitch in a state where purchaser has to have a state permit to purchase firearm in addition to the federal 4473 check, but 'Bama of course doesn't.

- OS

Mark

As far as I can tell you would be legal, but I would find out the name and number of the FFL and call and ask them. Some dealers won’t touch an out of state transaction unless it is going between FFL’s.