The Dems win, and now,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,

Guest Traumaslave

• Replies 37
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Drewsett

I've started to try to convince the wife we want to move to Switzerland once I get my finance degree. They've got lots of banks, lots of guns, and generally lots of freedom (more than here it would seem).

It was a win... FOR the insurance companies!

No limits on what they can charge, no limits on their profits, no competition from a "government run option," mandated insurance for all, mandatory insurance from employers or they get fined, and all citizens must buy insurance or get fined...

Sounds like Utopia, FOR THE INSURANCE COMPANIES...

Guest flyfishtn

Well, it will/has passed in the Senate and now they have to reconcile back with the house before Obama can sign it into law. This is not done yet but it is done.

Just can't understand why you or need to pay for someone else's healthcare since no one pays for mine, except me.

*Really big sigh*.

I read/heard somewhere that the Senate version has a little provision tucked inside- future changes to this bill/law will require 67 votes instead of the typical 60. I can only assume that after they gain control of 1/6th of our economy, they will not let it go. This is a lose/lose for the American people.

Next on the agenda- Cap&Trade :D and Illegal Immigration :P (aka amnesty).

I read/heard somewhere that the Senate version has a little provision tucked inside- future changes to this bill/law will require 67 votes instead of the typical 60. I can only assume that after they gain control of 1/6th of our economy, they will not let it go. This is a lose/lose for the American people.

Next on the agenda- Cap&Trade :D and Illegal Immigration :P (aka amnesty).

Just because they may have put it in there doesn't make it or any of the rest of the bill legal. Just because the President signs it doesn't make it legal.

If you don't think this will get challenged in the courts, think again. Those

two TN legislators are already starting the process. Of course we can sit here and cry about it... or... exercise our God given rights as some did in the late 1700's. I think something really bad is about to happen once this bill is done.

At least it still has to go through reconciliation and then another vote

by both House and Senate. D.C. Just said Merry Christmas to us

Just because they may have put it in there doesn't make it or any of the rest of the bill legal. Just because the President signs it doesn't make it legal.

If you don't think this will get challenged in the courts, think again. Those

two TN legislators are already starting the process. Of course we can sit here and cry about it... or... exercise our God given rights as some did in the late 1700's. I think something really bad is about to happen once this bill is done.

At least it still has to go through reconciliation and then another vote

by both House and Senate. D.C. Just said Merry Christmas to us

actually, D.C. just said "bend over American, here come's your health care infusion!!!"

Like stated it still has to be reconciled in the House.The thing that got it passed in the House was a public option which isnt in the Senate works.If it were me and I seen that Mary Landrew got the Lousiana Purchase 2.0 and Ben Nelson got the Cornhusker Kickback I would raise 9 kinds of cain asking where is my bribe.

The Attorney General I believe from Texas is doing research and sending a letter to the Senate that if this goes through letting certain states get special incentives so that they are excluded from paying their share that they will move forward with legal action.

I find it troubling that 200 years ago if this would have been going on the people would have drug the officals out by their ears,tried,and hung them for treason.I only hope those who are ignorant to the fact of what is happening will see the error of thier ways.

The POS plan still will leave 18 million uninsured and will only lead to a single payer plan in the end.Which is what the progressives want.They just want to get something started and then they can mend it along the way.

This may not get done for years if it gets tied up in court. Tx Gov Perry is trying to get some other states and AG's involved in legal proceedings. Don't know if anything can be done but it would make my day to hear this POS is unconstitutional.

Why should the states pick up the tab for any of these sweetheart deals? By the way all the focus has been on Landrew and Nelson while dip :up: Chris Dodd got a brandy new 100mil hospital for his district.

I hope they all go home for Christmas and get lambasted from their constituants. Harry Reid said he couldn't sleep last night because he couldn't get a single republican on board. Wonder why Harry.

I guess now it's time to work on our Governors and AG's.

It was a win... FOR the insurance companies!

No limits on what they can charge, no limits on their profits, no competition from a "government run option," mandated insurance for all, mandatory insurance from employers or they get fined, and all citizens must buy insurance or get fined...

Sounds like Utopia, FOR THE INSURANCE COMPANIES...

You don't seriously believe what you wrote do you?

This may not get done for years if it gets tied up in court. Tx Gov Perry is trying to get some other states and AG's involved in legal proceedings. Don't know if anything can be done but it would make my day to hear this POS is unconstitutional.

Why should the states pick up the tab for any of these sweetheart deals? By the way all the focus has been on Landrew and Nelson while dip :D Chris Dodd got a brandy new 100mil hospital for his district.

I hope they all go home for Christmas and get lambasted from their constituants. Harry Reid said he couldn't sleep last night because he couldn't get a single republican on board. Wonder why Harry.

I guess now it's time to work on our Governors and AG's.

This is true.The bad thing about it is that noone will recieve any benefits until 2014 but we will be taxed heavily so it will be a "deficet neutral" :up:

This is true.The bad thing about it is that noone will recieve any benefits until 2014 but we will be taxed heavily so it will be a "deficet neutral" :pleased:

Deficet neutral is a nice catch phrase for getting the citizens to believe this won't cost a thing. Right. Does anyone at this point believe that the CBO #'s are right or that Harry the hatchet tweaked them to fit the bill? Yes taxes to start right away yet no benies till 2014. Does anyone honestly think the funds collected will be in safe keeping until 2014 or will they be used to pay off massive debt incurred in order to stave off bankruptcy? My bet is in 2014 we'll be in the red before we even start.

Deficet neutral is a nice catch phrase for getting the citizens to believe this won't cost a thing. Right. Does anyone at this point believe that the CBO #'s are right or that Harry the hatchet tweaked them to fit the bill? Yes taxes to start right away yet no benies till 2014. Does anyone honestly think the funds collected will be in safe keeping until 2014 or will they be used to pay off massive debt incurred in order to stave off bankruptcy? My bet is in 2014 we'll be in the red before we even start.

Yeah the one thing this adminstration have been sucessful with is bumper sticker phrases.

I've started to try to convince the wife we want to move to Switzerland once I get my finance degree. They've got lots of banks, lots of guns, and generally lots of freedom (more than here it would seem).

Compulsory heath insurance, combination of public, subsidized private, and totally private. Insurance companies may compete with rates, but rates per age cannot discriminate with regard to health of applicant, cannot deny coverage for pre-existing conditions, etc.

Kind of sounds familiar, doesn't it?

- OS

Edited by OhShoot
You don't seriously believe what you wrote do you?

Check the stock prices of publicly held insurance companies over the last month. Insurance Co.'s and Big Pharma are the huge winners here!

But you are right to be skeptical of the post.

No limits on what they can charge, no limits on their profits

None now.

mandated insurance for all, mandatory insurance from employers or they get fined

Just for those who have a job.

all citizens must buy insurance or get fined...

Just those with jobs, or retirement benefits.

Edited by Worriedman

Grimel - Look at what is happening - Check the stocks of insurance companies - they are worth approximately 25% MORE now... Something that started the DAY the "government option" was removed. Their Lobbyists won.

Look at what the plan does. It fines you if you are Citizen WITHOUT Insurance. So you HAVE to BUY insurance. THERE IS NO LIMIT on what the Insurance Companies can CHARGE. THERE IS NO LIMIT on what the Insurance Companies won't cover. It fines businesses if they DO NOT purchase insurance for their employees. So Businesses HAVE to BUY insurance. In addition the Government creates BILLIONS in Subsidies to PAY FOR insurance for the Poor. There are NO LIMITS ON HOW MUCH PROFIT Insurance Companies can Make!

So, how is it NOT a WIN for the Insurance Companies?

So, how is it NOT a WIN for the Insurance Companies?

Insurance advertising and lobby effort against the health bill estimated at approx. 3 BILLION bucks.

Follow the money indeed.

Whatever you may feel about this legislation and the future of the country, don't shed one tear for the insurance companies. They will be fatter than ever, and will continue to find even more devious ways to maximize profits while minimizing payout to the providers and policyholders.

I won't even debate the public option, but without it, it's quite obvious that the health insurance industry will merely continue the same industry wide price fixing scheme they rely on now.

- OS

Insurance advertising and lobby effort against the health bill estimated at approx. 3 BILLION bucks.

Follow the money indeed.

Whatever you may feel about this legislation and the future of the country, don't shed one tear for the insurance companies. They will be fatter than ever, and will continue to find even more devious ways to maximize profits while minimizing payout to the providers and policyholders.

I won't even debate the public option, but without it, it's quite obvious that the health insurance industry will merely continue the same industry wide price fixing scheme they rely on now.

- OS

They only lobbied against the Public Option, they love the mandated purchase feature, and the fact there will be rationing, premiums go up, they pay out less. Best of all worlds for them.

What statutes are in place to start calling them Duke, Earl, Viscount, Lord Protector, etc.? I want to know in case one comes by while I'm digging :) in a field. I'd hate to address one of them improperly and be put in the dungeon.