Saw Avatar 3D tonight....

TNTitan

• Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest mikedwood

Humm, I figured it would be the dumbest movie of this decade. A friend of mine saw it last night and said it is the absolute best movie he has seen in years. Just awesome and a great story.

Guest Drewsett

I wasn't convinced that I wanted to see it, but the family went on Christmas Day so I tagged along. I'm glad I did...the movie really was an experience. The plot is to be honest rather pedestrian...it's been done before and I won't say anything else as not to spoil it for those who plan on seeing it. The effects truly are amazing and the plot is certainly serviceable enough to make it an enjoyable movie. See it in theaters with the 3D glasses, you'll be glad you did.

I also saw it in 3D. I liked it but wish it wasn't so full of hidden messages....why can't they just make a good movie without politics? I'm sick of GREEN and anti war stuff.

See: Does 'Avatar' Contain Hidden Messages?

That's what I was told by a relative who saw the film. He said that it contained references to Bush, Cheney, Obama, Pelosi, Reid...all of them. I'll not be sending my money to Hollywood for this one.

Humm, I figured it would be the dumbest movie of this decade. A friend of mine saw it last night and said it is the absolute best movie he has seen in years. Just awesome and a great story.

exactly what I think. I doubt I will waste my time. Don't care for sci/fi anyway.

My wife and I went with another couple, and we did NOT want to see it. We picked where we ate so they picked the movie. We both did not look forward to it.

We left amazed. I am not into a lot of movies like that but it was really good. I want to go see it in 3D or at the IMAX today.

That's what I was told by a relative who saw the film. He said that it contained references to Bush, Cheney, Obama, Pelosi, Reid...all of them. I'll not be sending my money to Hollywood for this one.

I saw this at IMAX (in 3d) as a Christmas treat with my kids, and thought it was the best money we've spent in a long time. (Trust me - I hate paying theater prices for almost any movie!)

Bush, Cheney, Obama, etc.? I didn't see any overt references to much of anything other than it's 'green' theme. I'm always amazed at how people dissect movies for hidden meanings - I just go to enjoy a good flick.

I saw this at IMAX (in 3d) as a Christmas treat with my kids, and thought it was the best money we've spent in a long time. (Trust me - I hate paying theater prices for almost any movie!)

Bush, Cheney, Obama, etc.? I didn't see any overt references to much of anything other than it's 'green' theme. I'm always amazed at how people dissect movies for hidden meanings - I just go to enjoy a good flick.

Okay.

If you go into a movie... any movie, looking for an agenda.. you will likely find it. This one isnt that bad imo. Its worth seeing for the sheer fun of it.

This movie isnt so much anti-war as it is anti-greed. The "soldiers" depicted are corporate mercenaries, not enlisted ones of a particular country. Avatar, to me, shared similar themes as Fight Club and WALL-E. Both good movies that I have seen.

Bottom line: If you hated the message/story in Dances with Wolves, you will hate Avatar.

Do yourself a favor.. check your political radar at the door and have a great time at the movies. :D

Guest Verbal Kint

Just watched it at home. Didn't look for any hidden meanings, and just viewed it for what it was... entertainment. I thought it was a pretty cool flick.

Guest Verbal Kint
?! How did you do that?

The... uh... super secret... free preview... limited trial... private screening...

:D

Going to go hide under my bed now, and hope the black helicopters don't find me.

The... uh... super secret... free preview... limited trial... private screening...

:D

Going to go hide under my bed now, and hope the black helicopters don't find me.

well.. i hope it was good quality. Avatar is so effects driven, watching a watered down version would really detract from it.. kinda like watching Independence Day on a cell phone - I wouldn't recommend it! :D

the 3D Blu Ray is coming out late next year. I will definitively grab a copy of that. Should be good in my man cave!

mancave.th.jpg

I like the pink lampshade in your mancave. Their is some kind of huge ship flying through your wall as well. :confused:

Oh, and...

danceswithsmurfs.jpg

Guest Gun Geek

I have been wanting to see this. How would this movie do with a small child? My kid isnt really sheltered but I try not to let her see toooo much blood and gore or a lot of bad language.