HandGuN Permit Badge Opinion?

• Replies 153
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest logicprevails

I think they're great. I wear one on each hip. One next to my Jennings and one next to my special edition Rambo knife. I'm thinking about getting one screen printed on the back of my wolf-howl t shirt.

All kidding aside, I personally think it's a bad idea.

Guest Muttling
I think they're great. I wear one on each hip. One next to my Jennings and one next to my special edition Rambo knife. I'm thinking about getting one screen printed on the back of my wolf-howl t shirt.

All kidding aside, I personally think it's a bad idea.

+1

I wonder what real LEO think of these?

What they would think of those or the fact that if you are displaying that you are probably open carrying?

Wearing that badge is not impersonating a Police Officer if that is what you want to know.

I guess most would just have a good laugh. :D

Guest Muttling
Gotta love that guy. He just seeps into so many threads these days! MNPD has even issued a BOLO on him for informational purposes.

He's at the top of his hill right now. Gotta love a good sillouette target.

IMHO...(and these are just my thoughts fellas): If someone wants to wear one of these, who the eff are you to say he should not? That's about the same as one of you telling the other that you shouldn't carry this weapon or that weapon, because that's what the cops carry, or you shouldn't wear dark blue bdu pants, because that's what some cops wear. I mean, really...What if that little silver trinket caught the eye of a fellow HCP'r and stopped them from mistakenly thinking you were a BG during a incident? What I guess I am saying is that these little trinkets have their purpose. I can see why someone may want one, but it seems that all you take a adolescent approach and think that the person just wants to be a cop.

All of that said...I wouldn't want one. I would prefer that no one ever sees my weapon so that there would ever be a need for justification. I guess what I'm really trying to say is that I've read a few of these threads on here, and everyone seems to pile on for no good reason, and that seems juvenile to me.

Guest Muttling
IMHO...(and these are just my thoughts fellas): If someone wants to wear one of these, who the eff are you to say he should not? That's about the same as one of you telling the other that you shouldn't carry this weapon or that weapon, because that's what the cops carry, or you shouldn't wear dark blue bdu pants, because that's what some cops wear. I mean, really...What if that little silver trinket caught the eye of a fellow HCP'r and stopped them from mistakenly thinking you were a BG during a incident? What I guess I am saying is that these little trinkets have their purpose. I can see why someone may want one, but it seems that all you take a adolescent approach and think that the person just wants to be a cop.

All of that said...I wouldn't want one. I would prefer that no one ever sees my weapon so that there would ever be a need for justification. I guess what I'm really trying to say is that I've read a few of these threads on here, and everyone seems to pile on for no good reason, and that seems juvenile to me.

While I understand where you're coming from, I think it goes with the orange tip on a toy gun and having a real firearm with a muzzle painted orange.

LEO's are identified quickly by display of a badge, people don't stop to read the badge and see what it says. A badge as an identification of an HCP mostly serves to confuse those who don't recognize what it is and there's plenty of crap heads to want to pretend that they're something that they're not.

We don't need a badge. If you want to display the fact that you have an HCP, put the card in a plastic sleeve like an ID card.

While I understand where you're coming from, I think it goes with the orange tip on a toy gun and having a real firearm with a muzzle painted orange.

LEO's are identified quickly by display of a badge, people don't stop to read the badge and see what it says. A badge as an identification of an HCP mostly serves to confuse those who don't recognize what it is and there's plenty of crap heads to want to pretend that they're something that they're not.

We don't need a badge. If you want to display the fact that you have an HCP, put the card in a plastic sleeve like an ID card.

I get you. The painting orange thing is just weird. Cops can usually also be recognized by the uniform, and the big, rolling billboard with screaming siren and lights that they show up in, too. I'm just saying if that little badge causes someone who is about to shoot you (as a HCP) to pause, it would be worth the ridicule that is handed out in heaping doses on this board.

Guest logicprevails
I get you. The painting orange thing is just weird. Cops can usually also be recognized by the uniform, and the big, rolling billboard with screaming siren and lights that they show up in, too. I'm just saying if that little badge causes someone who is about to shoot you (as a HCP) to pause, it would be worth the ridicule that is handed out in heaping doses on this board.

Or an off duty or detective. All cops don't wear unis. When the general public sees a badge they think 'cop'. I know several firefighters who fear being mistaken for a cop because of a uni and/or badge. Not altogether unfounded. What if that little badge gets you singled out by a BG before an event goes down and he decides you are target #1 because he either thinks you or a cop or knows you are likely packing. Not the most likely of scenarios, but we as a gun-toting community typically are tactically-minded. It, along with open carry (not that there's anything wrong with that....), seems inconsistent with the concept of the tactical advantage of 'surprise'. It's a legal choice.....as was Mr. Embody's choice (there's that guy again). Not, for my personal preference, the most prudent.