Your Vote On What To Carry

Guest dreh

• Replies 106
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm not up on this aspect of the regs, but I thought it was illegal to make a weapon look like something other than a weapon. Kind of like the MP-5 in the brief case with the trigger on the handle.

As I understand it, it's cool if you have to draw it from the "holster" to use it but being able to shoot it from the wallet is a no no.

The BATF has ruled that a wallet holster with a weapon capable of being fired in the holster is an "AOW" and as such you must register it as an AOW. (That's why I no longer carry my H & R 22 mag derringer in one.)

Carrying a weapon is not a fashion or comfort concern. You should carry the weapon that you shoot best with. It should be able to be reasonably concealed( G19,G32,G26,G33,G23 and similar sized weapons).I carry a G19 all year long and sometimes a G20.

Absolutely.

"Your carry gun should be comforting, not comfortable.†- Clint Smith, Thunder Ranch

Guest LieutenantDan67

S&W 642 strong side, Nemesis pocket holster. SO easy to just grab and go, and I feel comfortable taking it anywhere (that's legal, of course). It's also nice to walk around with my hand in my pocket with the gun right there.

I figure 5 shots of .38 is better than no gun at all.

And if faced with multiple assailants I'm not sure I'd fare any better if I had my higher-capacity Glock with me than I would with my 642, especially if they are armed or high.

Yes, I have a Glock 19, too :popcorn: