Your Vote On What To Carry

Guest dreh

I speak from the position of only having regularly carried two firearms in my life - the one I am about to recommend, and the piece of crap known as the "M9" - so take this opinion with a grain of salt.

I have honestly been quite impressed with the carryability and portability of the Walther PPS. Thanks to the three sizes of magazines available for it, you can customize its load-out depending on your particular desires of capacity versus concealability, and due to its remarkably slim design, IWB is both easy and more-or-less comfortable.

It is, indeed, a Glock-off, and the magazine release takes a bit of getting used to, but I definitely like mine.

H.B.E. Leatherworks and Little Bear Custom Holsters both make good leather rigs for them, by the by.

• Replies 106
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Bronker

I have read through all 8 pages of this thread now, and I have a question.

Does everyone here on TGO own a Glock 19?

Was there a memo sent out that said all members were required to purchase one? I'm not one to buck upper management so I guess I will go get one too.

:up:

I currently carry a GLOCK 32 IWB. Easy to carry in the Fall and Winter because I always wear sweaters. With Spring not far away, my wardrobe will change to a lot of dress shirts and polo shirts with dress slacks for work. When not on the job it is normally shorts with a tucked in polo shirt. With this change in seasonal wardrobe it is a little more difficult to carry the GLOCK 32 IWB during Spring and Summer.

I have been encouraged to move to a revolver for Spring and Summer.

(1) What are your thoughts concerning this suggestion?

(2) If you agree with it, what would you suggest for a revolver?

(3) If you disagree with the suggestion, what would be your recommendation?

Thanks for all the input. This is a great place to come and find help. :up:[/quote

How about just untuck the polo shirt unless your Don Johnson,and continue to carry the same feel good all year

Was there a memo sent out that said all members were required to purchase one? I'm not one to buck upper management so I guess I will go get one too.

:up:

What's a Glock 19?

The first rule of Glock 19 club is..... ;)

I may get flamed for this, as this is not proof, but i carry the 100 gr hardball from buffalo bore:

380 Auto +P Pistol & Handgun Ammunition

in my p3at. the p3at is my "always in the pocket" bug to my g36 that i have found carries very good in the apendix position iwb.

Nah, not going to flame anyone, but an ammunition manufacturer telling me that their .380 JHP round is good for SD is no different from a firearms manufacturer telling me that their .25 cal handgun is all you need to carry. Their goal is to sell their product with little concern for my safety.

For any round to be effective, simple physics has to apply. Velocity without weight is meaningless. You must have both. I just don't see where the 90 or 100 gr. .380 JHP round has the weight necessary to penetrate.

I need to see ballistic results from an independent, third party (individual or company) that proves the .380 JHP round achieves the minimum 12" of penetration required to be considered effective as a SD round.

If I WERE to ever carry a weapon chambered in .380, I would most definitely carry ball and not JHPs. At least with ball you have SOME chance of penetrating, but you get no expansion. A good SD round has to penetrate AND expand.

Edited by DaddyO
Guest Sgt. Joe

;)

OH :up:!!! I missed that memo

I like it here too much to be kicked out for not paying attention:)

Note to self: Get butt up and off computer and go to gun store:D

:koolaid:

I can't believe you didn't get the memo. Better get out and get one. Seriously though, I think the size of the G19, the cost of 9MM ammo, and "Glock perfection" quality make it a popular choice.

:tinfoil:FlandsnowDec09031-1.jpg

+1

My weekday carry is a Glock 27, Mag has third finger rest, same size as 26 but uses the 40cal

Weekends I change the barrel to a 9mm & mag and shoot the cheaper ammo:cool: Holster Crossbreed Supertuck,

Can someone provide ballistic proof that the .380 round meets the 12" penetration standard required for an adequate self defense caliber?
I'll preface with I have a PPK, but it's in the safe, not in my waistband. No reason other than it's in great shape, and I don't want to scratch it up.

Seems several people have been trying to answer your question, and have come up with some interesting information.

There's this...

.380 ACP Hornady 90gr XTP JHP (Beretta 85)

Same guy seems to explain his testing procedures and invalidates some other information here...

Has anyone done any testing with .380 defense loads? [Archive] - TheFiringLine Forums

Nonetheless. Google is your friend.;)

If you are looking for revolver size small, I would vote go with an auto in 9mm. I have the Kahr PM9 and it has been 100% reliable. In a nemesis pocket holster it prints no more than my wallet. IWB it disappears. The PM9 is my deep conceal gun and my summer gun.

I just got the memo this week and picked up a Glock 19. This thing is awesome! Believe it or not, it does not print much more than the kahr in IWB. 15+1 rounds so I don't often bring along an extra mag.

Guest Hillbilly Dan

I like a Sig P238 which is my back up to a Colt New Agent which is in a holster. The Sig is in my pocket. What you use as ammo is every bit as important as what Cal. or gun you carry. Just make sure it has the power to do all it can do, or what you want it to do. I carry the defense ammo in my Sig 380 and Extreme Shock in my .45

Guest Muttling
Years ago I saw a two shot 45 derringer that fit in a wallet that had a hole in it pull the trigger. (Just in case anyone asked for your wallet and they did not say please)

I'm not up on this aspect of the regs, but I thought it was illegal to make a weapon look like something other than a weapon. Kind of like the MP-5 in the brief case with the trigger on the handle.

As I understand it, it's cool if you have to draw it from the "holster" to use it but being able to shoot it from the wallet is a no no.

Daily I am carrying my PX4 Storm .45. Today I also carried my FNP-9. Just wanted to see if I could carry both IWB. .45 in front rt side and the 9mm SOB. LOVELY!!

Guest 10mm4me

Carrying a weapon is not a fashion or comfort concern. You should carry the weapon that you shoot best with. It should be able to be reasonably concealed( G19,G32,G26,G33,G23 and similar sized weapons).I carry a G19 all year long and sometimes a G20.

Guest Muttling
Carrying a weapon is not a fashion or comfort concern. You should carry the weapon that you shoot best with.

The law frowns on M-14's in Walmarts.