History Channel Armageddon Week

• Replies 11
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

FYI - There are several good shows on the History Channel this week. I am watching "After Armageddon" right now (very good) and will record "Apocalypse Man" tomorrow night (8pm Central).

Yeah, "After Armageddon" wasn't bad, not overly horrific but certainly grim enough to be pretty realistic IMHO. Though they use a pandemic as the impetus, there are plenty of scenarios where total monetary meltdown would be almost as quick, and I see this as the highest likelihood these days.

I've also enjoyed seeing the rest of the "Life After People" episodes that I never caught, which they've been playing in between new programming last couple of days. Strangely fascinating concept to me.

Dogs and dolphins are generally better than people anyway. :confused:

- OS

I caught their show on 2012 the other night. Something about the Myan Calendar, 12/21/2012, the sun, the black hole, and... oh yeah, the world is suppose to end.

I have seen a few of the "Life After People" episodes. They are pretty interesting. It's weird to think that no one would ever know if their predictions are correct (except for the dolphins and dogs).

I watched apocalypse man tonight he did a good job of pointing stuff out some I had already thought of some that I had not. I find it strange there was no mention of firearms.

Half of the stuff he pulled was totally idiotic, IMNSHO.

Forget the wisdom of actually going INTO the heart of the city in the first place.

Convenient to find tool box with 9volt battery and steel wool in it to do his first fire, I must say.

Finding (quickly) a storm sewer map in library (and being able to interpret it). After 1911, I wonder if city services and blueprints are even kept in libraries anymore?

Hell of a flashlight he had, I'll say that.

Leave a tall building by climbing down the elevator cables to be unseen?

Most of us could do that safely. Check.

Climbing up onto a bridge with looped rope. Check. No prob.

Running everywhere you go, jumping blindly over fences? No worries about broken bones, twisted ankles, glass or nails through foot.

Break out the passenger side window of the vehicle you're going to use?

Hot wiring said vehicle which of course would have had steering lock.

Cook up some biofuel on big fire while being covert; like a barrel of french fry smell wouldn't get any attention? Of course, by then, he's "covertly" driving around. Which he could do easily, since there weren't deserted cars everywhere in the gridlock that would really have been there.

Why constantly stressing people avoidance in all his actions, one of the first things he does is set up a ham radio to loop a message out to FIND people.

Just really too many to mention.

Interesting, but mostly absurd, unless you really were in a totally deserted city, like it appeared. By the way, was filmed in one of the blighted areas of Detroit.

- OS

Guest marine77

I only seen part of the show, and some of it was realistic, but there was a

bunch of crap through the whole show. I think it was a clean cut version

of what could go wrong. The other side of the coin would not be pretty at

all. But my grade for the show (what i seen of it) would be a C-.

I hope it comes on again so i can show my wife.

Edited by marine77
Wish I had seen it, if it comes back on someone shoot me a PM....you know for about 120-200k you could buy a block of houses in some parts of Detroit...quite sad when you think about it.

If you use tvguide.com, set it for your town and carrier, you can search for programming.

Next showing it finds is Tue, Jan 19 11:00 PM

- OS