My Red Eyed Green Lady

Guest Sgt. Joe

Guest Sgt. Joe

A good friend of mine had his own brother rip him off a few months ago and it put him in a major financial bind as his bank is out of state and my friend did not know until he had over used his bank card to the point the bank where he has had an account for over 10 years had to call him and ask what the heck was going on.

The brother is a 50 yr old who has had but one job in his life and lives at home with mommie and daddy, as does my friend who is a severely wounded combat Veteran. That is how brother was able to sneak his bank card. He would not let me beat brothers butt and as we know even tho this cat "needs" it I cant shoot him either.

So I began helping my friend out a little here and a little there and telling him not to worry about it. Well he tells me back before Christmas that he owes me over a hundred dollars and that he will pay me before Christmas. Again I tell him not to worry about it.

A few days ago he tells me he is going to sell one of his rifles to pay me and I tell him not to do it. He insists that it is bothering him and that he must pay me back. Now he is a person who has more guns than I can even count. He tells me that the one he wants to sell he dont even want anymore and had bought on a whim. He really likes the older western style weapons. And has a lot of the black powder stuff.

I did not even know he had a M-15 but that is what he wanted to sell. Well I have always wanted one but would never spend the money to get one but have been talking to him about getting a shotgun for the home as all I have are pistols.

I wont go into our entire discussion as it went on over the course of several days. The short of it is that I finally convinced him to cancel the debt, cancel some other money he was going to pay me for doing some things for him that I wanted to do for free anyway and take 400 bucks for the rifle. I tried my best to get him to take more but once he found out I liked it he wanted me to have it.....I nearly had to whoop him just to get him to take the 400 as he basically just wanted to give it to me for what he owed and there was no way I was going to take the thing for what amounted to basically nothing.

The whole time this discussion was going on I never laid eyes on the rifle. I figured since he dealt with older western stuff that this was an older type M-15.

I was wrong. It is a New in Box never fired Armalite M-15 in OD green, exactly what I would have bought if I was to ever buy one. It came with a Tasco Red Dot scope, two new cleaning kits, a tactical sling and even a cleaning kit for the scope.

Now he is thrilled that I have it rather than some one that he does not know and I am even more thrilled that I have something that I did want but would have never bought.

All things considered I have a total of a bit over 500 bucks in this thing. and only 400 came straight from my pocket. I am and have been for a few days in a semi state of shock.....Like I said I never even knew he had one of these and it is identical to what I would have bought if I was to had went out looking to buy one. Which like I said would have been never.

I do need to work on my pic taking but here is my Red eyed green lady in all her splendor.....

DSC01040-1.jpg

DSC01036-1.jpg

I really dont need anyone to confirm that I got a killer deal, I just need to stop feeling guilty about it. He was going to sell it anyway and became very agitated and angry when I was refusing to take it for practically nothing. I watched him go from agitated and angry to very calm and happy when we finally came to an agreement.

I hope the guilt goes away soon because I sure do love the rifle, but I do think it will because I know he was going to sell it really cheap anyway just to pay me.....even though I was not worried about it. I also know I am his only means of transportation and take him to all his appointments in Memphis which are numerous and never charge him a dime. And I guess I will shut up now as all I'm doing is talking to myself really.

I guess I am just in shock that I got something that I would have never gotten otherwise. And it is something that may well save my life one day, I certainly hope I never need it for that, but it is darn nice to have if needed.

If it was legal I would marry the thing.:panic: Wait....I think I already have :usa:

• Replies 15
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Is your friend Leonard Embody, by chance?:panic:

Actually great rifle, kinda giving me the Jones for one, myself. Unfortunately, I think my wife has grounded me from making any more purchases for the next little while. 4 rifles, 3 pistols and the makings for an AR build, in the last year, have put the breaks on, for now.

Guest showme

i used to hate accepting gifts until someone told me that by making a big deal out of not accepting i deprive the giver the joy of giving. your case is not exactly a gift, but by squaring up the deal with your buddy you are allowing him to feel good about himself. it is icing on the cake that you are tickled about the gun; so much the better for him! well played all around.

Guest Drewsett
i used to hate accepting gifts until someone told me that by making a big deal out of not accepting i deprive the giver the joy of giving. your case is not exactly a gift, but by squaring up the deal with your buddy you are allowing him to feel good about himself. it is icing on the cake that you are tickled about the gun; so much the better for him! well played all around.

+1 This!

You both win in this deal! You get a great gun that you have wanted but never would have bought, he gets the joy of seeing you happy! Hopefully you'll both have plenty of time to hang out and enjoy each other's company more. Way to be a good friend...

Guest Sgt. Joe

Thanks to all of yall who have responded. And NO NO NO I will NEVER sell this weapon NEVER.....I hope my kid's grandkids will have it one day.

This is also my very first long gun and may well be my last although I do think an auto shotgun would better complete the home defense situation.

Time and funds will decide that. Right now I am still in shock over this one.:)

And NO I really dont feel all that guilty the more I think about it, as some have said it made him feel good and he was going to sell it to someone cheap anyway. And I guess if I was to add up all the gas and such I would come close to paying full price anyway. In fact if it isnt really nasty tomorrow I will be taking him to an appt. in Memphis in the AM.

I just talked to him and right now it is 60-40 against going but we will wait until later to make final call, it isnt an important appt for him anyway, otherwise we would be going no matter what the conditions were.

The weapon will be treated with tender loving care always. I just cant wait to take it to our indoor 25 yard range and at least get the scope set.

I do not know if there is a range close to me that I could actually shoot the thing a decent distance. And I have already been looking for accessories for it......#1 a set of regular ole iron sights like I always carried. The idea of a scope is foreign to me, then again I may well like it.

The red cap is a plastic dust cover...it is however the only one I have ever seen that was not black, we used them in the sandbox, just not red ones? So now of course I want a green one :clap:

Guest Sgt. Joe
Use a condom! :rolleyes:

Just could not resist! :tough:

This is why I LOVE it here.....some of you are as nuts as I am and that is pretty nuts:)

As for the weapon the condom IS used quite a lot in the sandbox for just that purpose....to keep sand out of the barrel. Not much use for them over there other wise.

Dear Wife, Please send more condoms, I've used all that I brought with me.:D

As for the kids.....I think it is a bit too late....a shot fired can not be recalled....Not even the ones not aimed that actually hit the target in the dark.:P

Thanks to all of yall who have responded. And NO NO NO I will NEVER sell this weapon NEVER.....I hope my kid's grandkids will have it one day.

Thats awsome man, your friend and you are lucky to have each other. Now the BEST thing you could do for him is, take him out shooting with your new EGR(Evil Green Rifle) and SHOW him how happy you are to have it and shoot it, show him those clover groups at a hundred yards, turn around with a big grin and say "Thanks Partner"!

As for the kids.....I think it is a bit too late....a shot fired can not be recalled....Not even the ones not aimed that actually hit the target in the dark

I had to read that twice to get it and im still laughing 20 mins later! :x:

Well played sir, well played.