I've gone back to a 1911 45ACP

Guest RonS81

• Replies 17
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest jackdm3

Please get back with us with a range test. I've been considering a compact .45 more than a full, but the beloved Colonel at Rangemaster always says, "why give up the accuracy versus cutting just 2 inches off?"

Guest That Guy

Nice...I normally carry a 5". I've been wanting a 3"since I had the opportunity to play with one. I was impressed with the accuracy and function. True; you give up some accuracy with a shorter barrel, and I have heard of plaguing problems with timing out of the 3" guns. However, for what it is I was impressed. Good buy.

NICE!I get wood when I fire my 1911!

:D

That's a good-looking gun - please do get back to us with a range report, and some information about how you liked it/etc...

Got one just like that last year. I've only had about 500 rounds through it so far. I did have two failures to feed (older reloads that were damaged that I didnt catch when loading). Over all I am very happy with it. I hope yours is just as smooth as mine. :)

Guest peacexxl
Nice...I normally carry a 5". I've been wanting a 3"since I had the opportunity to play with one.

That's NOT what she said!

Sorry, it was tacky but I couldn't resist that one.

Did get it to the range and put 150 rounds through it. Really sweet. The gun shoots great for a barrel that short.

Carried Colt 45 1911s for years. Started with a colt commander. I had a hell of a time hitting what I was aiming at with that gun. Traded it in for a full size and had no problems after that. Bought a Colt Ofcs model when they came out for concealed carry. I was amazed how well it shot for such a short barrel. The Kimber feels even better to, me.