CZ 9mm opinions?

mikegideon

Looking for a compact 9mm. I prefer a metal frame and DA/SA with decocker. Can anybody share their experiences with the CZ compact and sub-compact 9's?

Already have light, small, and kicks like a mule covered with my 637 and LCP. Trying to add a little more quality to the statment "this is gonna hurt you more than it does me".

• Replies 18
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I just got a CZ 75BD that I carry. Very high quality workmanship. Full size gun, 17rd magazine, and I carry it without issue (I'm 5'8" 175lbs for reference). I'd say the PCR would be the best carry option since it maintains the same form factor of the 75 series with a slightly shorter grip and barrel and aluminum instead of steel frame. I went with the full size because I'll be using mine at the range fairly frequently.

Great buy! I have looked at the P-07 Duty for a while and had to buy my XD9. its still on my list to get but theres a few in front of it. Maybe when the kids get gone? .

I have a CZ RAMI 9mm - the all-alloy version. It's a great shooter. Recoil is minimal, and it's the most accurate compact pistol I have.

(It's for sale - PM me if you're interested. I bought a Glock and probably won't carry the CZ much.. This one has the manual safety, not the de-cocker.)

Guest Dean Wormer

You cannot go wrong with a CZ pistol.

The SUB compact ones are the 2075 RAMIs, either alloy or polymer frame, the former you can pick between safety (cock and lock) or decocker.

Also light, and well proven, is the compact P-01. Alloy frame, decocker, rail. Police in Czech Republic use it, had to go through very extensive testing. The 75-Compact is also there too.

In fullsize, you have lots of options (75B, 75BD, SP-01). Can even get an SA trigger (75SA). My personal favorite is the SP-01 Tactical which is basically the fullsize version of the P-01 (decocker, nightsights standard), 18 and 19rd magazines, and all steel.. its quite heavy, makes followup shots very easy.

So, all you have to do is pick which material you want your frame, which size, and safety or decocker!

The P-07 is very new, my only beef with it would be the magazines are not compatible with the rest of the CZ-75 series

Guest FiddleDog

I'm really interested in the p07, but stories of mag release issues and bulging frames have kept me in check. Have they addressed those issues? If so, I may have to own one. The one that I handled fit me like a pair of familiar jeans.

I'm really interested in the p07, but stories of mag release issues and bulging frames have kept me in check. Have they addressed those issues? If so, I may have to own one. The one that I handled fit me like a pair of familiar jeans.

I think there have been less than 15 reported issues on the CZ forum. Most pertaining to mag drop issues. They are replacing the frames on those models. The few issues some people have had are less than 1% of CZ forum membership. So if you add all the P07's sold, it is a slim fraction of P07's that have had minor issues. Much fewer than the M&P, XD, Glock, SR9 and others on first release.

In fact I did a poll to prove this on the CZ forum. They are solid reliable guns.