a scenario

Guest rockbottom12

Guest rockbottom12

ok so woke up this morning around 5.30 with a bad dream, the worst part is that the dream didn't resolve and i was left wondering what is the best call until it was time to get up. So having access to guys with a lot more experience than me i will ask it here.

the scenario.

I am on a bus with about 15 people (where we went, or why we were on a bus is beyond me) one of which is a know criminal who had his gun found randomly (by me) earlier that day and turned into the police. He went on the bus willingly and seemed a little nervous but not to bad (and i know he had no weapons on him). when we arrive at a house we all get off the buss. i am close to the door of the house and the other are at the bus about 10 feet away. we then realize that the criminal's dad and younger brother (between 10 and 14) are at my 9 with me facing the door (bus and group at my 6). the boy has a glock with extended mags the man has a rifle. I have a p64. what do i do?

here is what i pick up from the personalities of the others....

the boy is trigger happy and waiting for an excuse to shoot

the man is quiet but stern

they know i am there but are focused on the group and are unaware that i have a gun.

• Replies 27
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

ok so woke up this morning around 5.30 with a bad dream, the worst part is that the dream didn't resolve and i was left wondering what is the best call until it was time to get up. So having access to guys with a lot more experience than me i will ask it here.

the scenario.

I am on a bus with about 15 people (where we went, or why we were on a bus is beyond me) one of which is a know criminal who had his gun found randomly (by me) earlier that day and turned into the police. He went on the bus willingly and seemed a little nervous but not to bad (and i know he had no weapons on him). when we arrive at a house we all get off the buss. i am close to the door of the house and the other are at the bus about 10 feet away. we then realize that the criminal's dad and younger brother (between 10 and 14) are at my 9 with me facing the door (bus and group at my 6). the boy has a glock with extended mags the man has a rifle. I have a p64. what do i do?

here is what i pick up from the personalities of the others....

the boy is trigger happy and waiting for an excuse to shoot

the man is quiet but stern

they know i am there but are focused on the group and are unaware that i have a gun.

If unaware you have a gun go for yours and cap em both.

Guest peacexxl

Warm milk before bed is supposed to help you sleep better.

Other than that, you might be screwed. Do you really think the kid is in the open with a gun and the old man is not packing. Also, it is on their ground, just because they are the only 2 you see, doesn't mean they are the only 2 there.

I say pretend you left something on the bus and get the hell outta Dodge.

That's kinda tough, because you can't really just cap the boy just for standin there with a Glock unless you know for sure he is about to open fire on you. I also agree that if a boy is standing there with a gun and his dad is there, you should always assume the dad is armed as well. My suggestion would be to either get back on the bus, or move quickly and get out of there, while being ready and not taking your eyes off the boy. Just from what I gather from the scenario the boy most likely can't hit anything anyway, so if you're a quick moving target you are much better off. The minute there's any movement of the gun towards you, open up and shoot the boy as well as the father. You can argue the case later that the father looked like he was going for a gun as well. Make sure they are both dead so they can't argue their case. The other bad factor in this situation would be if the bus is still there with the guy you turned in still on it. There are witnesses, and it could go either way as to whether or not they would back up your story or they guy you turned in may have already gotten to them. Most likely your best bet would be to quickly move toward the boy, grab his Glock, and cap everyone on the bus. You could then say the whole thing was a setup from the beginning and that everyone on the bus was trying to kill you. After all, it's just a dream, so your actual best bet for that scenario is to wake up, just like you did. :D

In real life I would probably let the people on the bus live, but either way the beginning would be about the same. I'd rather take my chances in court than to not shoot and lose my life. This is also why I don't ride buses.

Guest Caveman

The bus is probably too far away, if you start running for the bus they will open fire on you. If you go for your pistol and you are a fast draw, you could get one of them (since they are more focused on the crowd) but the other gunman will get you in the process. At this point I would want to take cover somewhere close and then draw. I would go for the door. Of course there may be more armed family inside, but you have no other choice. To me, the probablitly is less that mom is inside with a gun trained on the door, than it is you making it to the bus or taking out both dad and brother. At least inside the house you have time to draw or even take cover and regroup.

Guest Caveman
That's kinda tough, because you can't really just cap the boy just for standin there with a Glock unless you know for sure he is about to open fire on you. I also agree that if a boy is standing there with a gun and his dad is there, you should always assume the dad is armed as well. My suggestion would be to either get back on the bus, or move quickly and get out of there, while being ready and not taking your eyes off the boy. Just from what I gather from the scenario the boy most likely can't hit anything anyway, so if you're a quick moving target you are much better off. The minute there's any movement of the gun towards you, open up and shoot the boy as well as the father. You can argue the case later that the father looked like he was going for a gun as well. Make sure they are both dead so they can't argue their case. The other bad factor in this situation would be if the bus is still there with the guy you turned in still on it. There are witnesses, and it could go either way as to whether or not they would back up your story or they guy you turned in may have already gotten to them. Most likely your best bet would be to quickly move toward the boy, grab his Glock, and cap everyone on the bus. You could then say the whole thing was a setup from the beginning and that everyone on the bus was trying to kill you. After all, it's just a dream, so your actual best bet for that scenario is to wake up, just like you did. :D

In real life I would probably let the people on the bus live, but either way the beginning would be about the same. I'd rather take my chances in court than to not shoot and lose my life. This is also why I don't ride buses.

The dad has a rifle.

The dad has a rifle.

Ah shoot, peace threw me off when he mentioned that part about thinking the old man wasn't packin. In that case you would definately want to take out the dad first if either one seemed to be getting ready to fire. He will be more likely to hit you than the boy with the Glock. You should be able to let everyone on the bus live though in this case.

In reality it's tough, no matter what the responses. From the information we've been given, all you really know is there is a man with a rifle and a boy with a gun standing there. You can't just shoot them because they're not even looking at you, so they're not a definate threat. Going for the door would be good, however if you run up in someone's house that isn't yours, when you don't even know for sure that the man and the boy were a threat, then you become the BG for breaking in someone's house. In either case your best bet would be to get to cover, and try to get out of there, hopefully without being noticed. If they then notice you, and come your direction, they are now a threat and can be treated as one. By this time as well, you would be behind cover and better prepared to take out both threats.

Guest Caveman
Ah shoot, peace threw me off when he mentioned that part about thinking the old man wasn't packin. In that case you would definately want to take out the dad first if either one seemed to be getting ready to fire. He will be more likely to hit you than the boy with the Glock. You should be able to let everyone on the bus live though in this case.

In reality it's tough, no matter what the responses. From the information we've been given, all you really know is there is a man with a rifle and a boy with a gun standing there. You can't just shoot them because they're not even looking at you, so they're not a definate threat. Going for the door would be good, however if you run up in someone's house that isn't yours, when you don't even know for sure that the man and the boy were a threat, then you become the BG for breaking in someone's house. In either case your best bet would be to get to cover, and try to get out of there, hopefully without being noticed. If they then notice you, and come your direction, they are now a threat and can be treated as one. By this time as well, you would be behind cover and better prepared to take out both threats.

Well, there is much we dont know about his dream. So, I am acting as if it was my dream. In my dream, They would be an automatic threat to me because I would know their intent (which is to kill me) I mean we are talking about a dream here, so I'm not worried about breaking and entering and all that. But of course since this is my dream now, I would have a chain fed mini gun and be screeming GET TO DA CHOPPA while killing every living thing in sight. :D

Well, there is much we dont know about his dream. So, I am acting as if it was my dream. In my dream, They would be an automatic threat to me because I would know their intent (which is to kill me) I mean we are talking about a dream here, so I'm not worried about breaking and entering and all that. But of course since this is my dream now, I would have a chain fed mini gun and be screeming GET TO DA CHOPPA while killing every living thing in sight. :slap:

:lol:Good point. If it were MY dream, I woulda just tossed a grenade over at the two of them, and then thrown another one under the bus. I always carry those around with me in my dreams. I would have known that everyone was after me because I would have been on my way to turn in the winning Powerball ticket. :hiding:

Paging Dr. Freud...paging Dr. Freud...

Freud: now then son, how long were those Glock extended mags? 33 rounds? You said you were in a bus? A long, slender bus? Did you fire your gun? Did you fire into a tunnel, or maybe into the middle of a dougnut?

...too many Psych classes...I'll stop now...

Guest Caveman
Paging Dr. Freud...paging Dr. Freud...

Freud: now then son, how long were those Glock extended mags? 33 rounds? You said you were in a bus? A long, slender bus? Did you fire your gun? Did you fire into a tunnel, or maybe into the middle of a dougnut?

...too many Psych classes...I'll stop now...

:poop::bowrofl: Oh my god that's great :rofl::bowrofl:

wow, someone pointing a gun at me signals "Imminent Danger"! So here's what is likely to happen: You take out the boy pointing the gun and turn to run towards the bus, however, you are stuck in that ssssslllllllloooooooowwwwww motion mode. You can't pick up your feet fast enough, so your heart begins to race and you start to sweat and suddenly your wife shakes the chit out of you and tells you to wake up. You then go to your computer, log on to TGO and post a thread "Another scenerio"....just sayin... :)