Recovering Yankee

Guest milkman

Guest milkman

I moved here two years ago from Massachusetts. Or as I like to call the Peoples Republic. I moved to Smithville and love Tennessee. I have shot some trap competetively in the past and am getting my Carry Permit. I look forward to reading a lot of great threads.

• Replies 23
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest clownsdd

By the way.

Yankee definitions:

Yankee, one who lives in the northern states and visits the South on occasion.

*Damn Yankee, Yankee that moves down here and stays.

***Amended definition: Recovering Yankee!!! LOL!!!

Guest milkman
Welcome to Tennessee. Why Smithville?

It's kind of a long story, but the short end of it is that I live with my grandmother, and have for years, At the time I couldn't afford to live on my own, I was in college, so she moved down here. She choose Smithville because we short sold our home in MA and needed someplace new quick, when she started really looking, (She had made several Trips before but with no sale date she couldn't make an offer) we had seven weeks to find some place to live. She had to make three trips and we only had a month left. The house we are in now was empty and so she made an offer and we got the house. It was a very good fit, it just needed a couple of minor things done. I moved down her full time about six months after she did. The economy tanked and so I still needed to live at home, I found work, and love Tennessee.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

TRADING POST NOTICE

Before engaging in any transaction of goods or services on TGO, all parties involved must know and follow the local, state and Federal laws regarding those transactions.

TGO makes no claims, guarantees or assurances regarding any such transactions.

THE FINE PRINT

Tennessee Gun Owners (TNGunOwners.com) is the premier Community and Discussion Forum for gun owners, firearm enthusiasts, sportsmen and Second Amendment proponents in the state of Tennessee and surrounding region.

TNGunOwners.com (TGO) is a presentation of Enthusiast Productions. The TGO state flag logo and the TGO tri-hole "icon" logo are trademarks of Tennessee Gun Owners. The TGO logos and all content presented on this site may not be reproduced in any form without express written permission. The opinions expressed on TGO are those of their authors and do not necessarily reflect those of the site's owners or staff.

TNGunOwners.com (TGO) is not a lobbying organization and has no affiliation with any lobbying organizations.  Beware of scammers using the Tennessee Gun Owners name, purporting to be Pro-2A lobbying organizations!

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to the following.
Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Guidelines

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.