It's SNOWING!!!

Marswolf

• Replies 29
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest ETS_Inc

You's guys can keep that snow there. I stayed in TN, rather than returning to Maine because I HATE SNOW! With a passion! Having had frostbite several times will do that to you.

Snow? It doesn't snow in Tennessee. If it was snowing, the schools would have let out early today and closed for tomorrow, the grocery stores would be in the process of selling out of bread, milk, and light beer, and there would be at least a dozen MVAs throughout Johnson City putting JCPD to work on clearing the roads so the salt trucks can roll through.

On the other hand... we are overdue for a good snowstorm... but I'd rather get 18" of snow a week or less before Christmas... Not a week before Thanksgiving.

Snow? It doesn't snow in Tennessee. If it was snowing, the schools would have let out early today and closed for tomorrow, the grocery stores would be in the process of selling out of bread, milk, and light beer, and there would be at least a dozen MVAs throughout Johnson City putting JCPD to work on clearing the roads so the salt trucks can roll through.

On the other hand... we are overdue for a good snowstorm... but I'd rather get 18" of snow a week or less before Christmas... Not a week before Thanksgiving.

Thanks for reminding me, I need to go to Kroger :)

Some of the most fun I ever had in the snow was in Nashville. I was in the Holiday Inn out on Murfreesoro road back in the 80s. Had about 5" of the stuff. Nashville about closed down. I had a Mercury Montego at the time and it could go about anywhere a snowplow could go.

Only problem was that most of the restaurants closed down. But Bennigans was just next door. That first night I had a grand time tossing down drinks within walking distance of my room and talking about the snow with some neat people.

• Administrator

I have beer, unsalted peanuts, a Red Baron pizza in the freezer and lots of other groceries if I have to... {gasp!} break down and really cook something.

I've also got a full tank of diesel and a truck that I haven't had the pleasure of cavorting about in when it snows.

So... BRING IT!!! :)

snowflakes falling in West Knoxville!

I saw some in Bearden today at about 1:30.

I also have a driver running a route in Tri-Cities today, he said it was snowing like a blizzard up there and there were already "#&@%$!#*@ idiots that don't know how to drive" on the roads.

Personally I feel it can snow all it wants after I get home on Friday afternoon.

Guest ETS_Inc
I have beer, unsalted peanuts, a Red Baron pizza in the freezer and lots of other groceries if I have to... {gasp!} break down and really cook something.

I've also got a full tank of diesel and a truck that I haven't had the pleasure of cavorting about in when it snows.

So... BRING IT!!! :)

When the snow comes down, you bring the truck over here, and I'll show you how to really enjoy a snowfall - New England style. Y'all ever been bumber-surfing in a blizzard?

• Administrator
When the snow comes down, you bring the truck over here, and I'll show you how to really enjoy a snowfall - New England style. Y'all ever been bumber-surfing in a blizzard?

I think I know where you're headed and I like it. :)

When we were kids, my grandfather used to rope off a sled to the back of his K5 Blazer and tow me and my brother around the streets or around the municipal park. That was some of the most fun I've ever had. Invariably you'd end up with pants legs full of snow from where it was kicked up past your shoes.

:biglol:

Guest gcrookston
It's global warming! Ahhhhhh!

gotta hand it to Gore. He may not have invented the internet, but by gosh we have to give him credit for inventing global warming...