" I Meant To Kill Him"

Here's the video link: http://www.wlwt.com/video/14581596/index.html

This dude might not shoot straight but he's gonna throw lead if you mess with him.

"The tables were turned on a gunman who tried to rob a convenience store in Cincinnati, police said."

"Police said the man tried to rob N & M Mini-Mart just before 11:30 a.m."

"Store owner Wade Nassar said the robber purchased some tissues for $1.80 and then pointed a gun at him and demanded cash ..."

"'He pulled the gun on me (and said), 'Give me the money or I'll shoot,' Nassar said."

"Instead, Nassar grabbed his own .22-caliber handgun and fired five or six shots at the robber, who fled the store unharmed."

"'How I missed this dude, I couldn't believe myself,' Nassar said. 'I meant to kill the dude. I meant to kill him, trust me. Anybody trying to stick me up, if I get the chance to shoot him, I shoot him on the spot.'" ...

• Replies 21
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If I remember correctly I read about this on the Cincinnati Enquirer website. The guy not only missed, but also chased the would be robber outside and fired shots out on the street. I do not remember reading that he was charged with firing the weapon, although the cops said something the the effect that they do not encourage shooting outside like that.

Guest Phantom6

Unfortunately for dumb-a$$ Mr. Nasser, he has announced his intentions to all the world so the next time someone comes in to rob him they may just shoot him outright while he has the register open for another customer. If I lived in the neighborhood I certainly wouldn't shop there. If Nasser didn't hit you due to his pi**-poor marksmanship, you could end up as collateral damage due to the BG not wanting any witnesses to the murder and subsequent robbery of Nasser.

he has announced his intentions to all the world so the next time someone comes in to rob him they may just shoot him outright while he has the register open for another customer.

I hear you on this but I do not think the would be robbers are really the newspaper reading , TV news watching kind. Crack heads do not think about a plan, they just go and do.

I hope he gets something with a larger caliber or a shotgun for the next time. That and some time on the range.

Guest Phantom6

I hear you on this but I do not think the would be robbers are really the newspaper reading , TV news watching kind. Crack heads do not think about a plan, they just go and do.

I hope he gets something with a larger caliber or a shotgun for the next time. That and some time on the range.

Generlly speaking you are correct on the "go and do" point but word does get around. I just hope nobody but BG's get killed.

:D on the larger caliber or shotgun. Someone mentioned firearms training and as a trainer I feel obligated to say :up: to that also.

Did I miss something? I thought the crook got away with the money?

Let's review the law here. Deadly force is allowed to neutralize the threat. That is what happened. Deadly force is not allowed to kill the BG. The purpose is not to kill the BG and heaven help you if you say thats what you wanted.

In this case (as in a lot) the private citizen used his gun to neutralize the threat. The fact that the BG got away unscathed with money is irrelevant.

Well I still say his gun stopped nothing, the BG took the money and ran. The store owner went chasing after him and started shooting.

What else was the crack head looking for aside from the money he stole?

I am not insinuating that he should have killed the BG, one should only shoot when in emminent fear for their life. I gotta be missing something.

Justification for the use of deadly force is just that…. Deadly. If someone is pointing a gun at you and you later say “I took a head shot so I could turn him off like a switch.â€; there’s no problem with that. No one is ever required to shoot to wound or scare.

However…. If he was chasing the guy out of the store firing at him (with all shots missing) I would have cuffed him up, hauled him off to jail, and retuned to the business of finding the other criminal.

Guest canynracer

when he pulled his 22, the dude ran, so the 22 did its job...it removed the threat of immenant (sp?) danger. Lots of crooks get the money and still kill the clerk...when this crook saw the clerks gun, he ran. Danger gone.