Went to the local toy store... er... gun store today.

Guest Jamie

Actually, I went to 3 of 'em.

Did not find what I was looking for, however, I did find something I have wanted, but never ran across when I had the money. :)

Meet my new "always" gun:

Jamiesnewalwaysgun001.jpg

Jamiesnewalwaysgun002.jpg

It's a NAA mini revolver with a 1-5/8 inch barrel, and both a .22 lr cylinder, and one in .22 mag, and a folding grip.

I've already fired the gun a few times with mags, and although the bigger grip does help with controlling the gun, I think I'm gonna order a set of smaller grips, so I have the option of really shrinking it down.

So... wadda ya think of my new mouse gun? I know many people "Poo poo" .22s, but I'm quite happy with my find.

J.

Edited by Jamie
Wrong barrel length
  • Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Sgt. Joe

It looks like a FINE little Always Have to me...:)

Those who would Poo Poo the .22 are not gonna get in a line to get shot wit it..:drama:

I'm not sure it would be for me though because the only way I could keep up with the little bugger would be to put it on my keychain.:P

So you is Happy and I am sure whomever made the sale is Happy so therefore I am Happy.

Guns are just Happy things:D

Now I will be More Happy if the Ms cooperates and I get to go the shootin paper place today:)

I like the looks of it. Know several people who own and like them. It's down on my "someday" list; way too many toys ahead of it. But I do like the .22 Mag. One of the most fun guns I own to just go out and shoot is an old SW K-frame Combat Masterpiece in .22 Magnum. Deadly accurate and a blast to shoot. My dad used to use it for head shots on squirrels and wild turkeys in the woods. A real keeper.

Where did you get it?

There were three of us TGO lads at Guns and Leather all morning.

Oh yeah, the NAA is...cute!

Got it Academy of Self Protection, in Joelton, after MUCH running around.

( A fellow at a pawn shop I stopped in recommended I go check there. )

It seemed to be a nice place, and the people I dealt with were friendly and helpful.

I need to correct something though... The barrel on this one is 1- 5/8 inches, not 2.

And yeah, I was thinking while driving home that the wife would say it was too cute to possibly be dangerous. :)

They had one other one with a shorter barrel, so if anybody is in the market for one, and close to Joelton, get going. They're open 'til 9:00pm tonight, and this one was just a little over $300, OTD.

J.

Edit: Here's a link to their website:

http://www.academyofselfprotection.com/

Edited by Jamie

Hi:

The factory will install a lanyard ring on the "Mini" for a small charge. With the lanyard ring, the Minican be used on a neck chain for a "Deep Conceilment" weapon.

Jimmy

• Admin Team

The new NAAs have safety notches between cylinders instead of half cock. Carry it there and you'll be in good shape. I always have a mini in 22mag in my pocket regardless of whatever else I might be carrying. It's a fun little pistol.

Tom at Guns for America ordered mine for me. He gave me a great price.

Have fun with it.

Be sure to carry it on half cock. If it is like mine the hammer sets on the shell caseing.

Mine is also my always gun.

The hammer on this one goes all the way down, in one of the safety notches between the chambers.

Oh, and the pocket clip is reversible. I just put it on the other side, from what you see in the pictures, and like it much better that way.

J.

Good little thing to have. I call .22, .25, .32's eye, ear, nose and throat guns.

They also make good "crotch guns": Get up close, jam it in their crotch, and start shooting. It won't take long for them to lose interest in you. :)

J.

Edited by Jamie
Guest 1817ak47

I am gonna get one of those soon, though in some aspects they aren't a desirable bug, but when absolute conceilment is neccessarry, the NiAA revolver is the the thing to have, there is a 4 page post about those and only good things were said, good to see you bought the version that can shoot magnums. go to there site and they have a ballistics chart showing what velocitys they got with many different types of ammo. there were some significant differences in diferent types of ammo that had the same bullet weight.

gonna get me one of those soon.

That is a neat looking gun. I've always wondered how hard they would be to hold when shooting, but with that kind of grip it looks like I could hold on to it fine. I also think it is super neat and super functional the way it folds over on itself. I see them at gun shows from time to time...I might need to pick one of those up. Very cool. B

It's not hard to hang on to at all, with the folding grip on it.

I did just order an over-sized slip-on rubber grip for it, from NAA. That may be an entirely different story.

This is the grip I ordered:

22gsom.JPG

I figure that'll take the gun down to as small as it can go and still be manageable. I'll let everybody know how it goes once it gets here.

J.

Guest 1817ak47

how many rounds and what ammo did you use, specifics like what grain, I am VERY CURIOUS cause I will most likely buy one of these soon if things hold out

I only fired a cylinder full... 5 rounds. It was some old Winchester Super-X, 40 gr. JHPs.

I'll shoot more through it after the other grips get here, and as soon as the weather clears up a bit.

It was 30 degrees and snowing when I went out, so I didn't stay long.

I'll also be buying some fresh ammo sometime soon, since this stuff is something like 15 to 18 years old.

J.

Guest Sgt. Joe
They also make good "crotch guns": Get up close, jam it in their crotch, and start shooting. It won't take long for them to lose interest in you. :2cents:

J.

Probably lose intrest or at least ability in some other things also :P

• Admin Team

It's no problem to hang onto with the smaller grips. You'll like them

I think CCI maxi-mags +v have the highest velocity out of the 1 5/8 barrel. I load four cylinders with those and one with snakeshot. I keep the snakeshot indexed to be the first round fired.

Guest CajunKen
Got it Academy of Self Protection, in Joelton, after MUCH running around.

( A fellow at a pawn shop I stopped in recommended I go check there. )

It seemed to be a nice place, and the people I dealt with were friendly and helpful.

I need to correct something though... The barrel on this one is 1- 5/8 inches, not 2.

And yeah, I was thinking while driving home that the wife would say it was too cute to possibly be dangerous. :2cents:

They had one other one with a shorter barrel, so if anybody is in the market for one, and close to Joelton, get going. They're open 'til 9:00pm tonight, and this one was just a little over $300, OTD.

J.

Edit: Here's a link to their website:

Academy Of Self Protection

I took my HCP class there and I was impressed with it. They have an indoor range and a good selection of new and used handguns.

It's no problem to hang onto with the smaller grips. You'll like them

I think CCI maxi-mags +v have the highest velocity out of the 1 5/8 barrel. I load four cylinders with those and one with snakeshot. I keep the snakeshot indexed to be the first round fired.

Looking at the ballistics charts on NAA's site, the CCI maxi mag +v are faster... however, they're only 30 gr. bullets. ( The Win. Super-X I'm shooting are 40 gr. )

Not sure I wanna give up 1/4 the weight of the bullet for just 150 fps or so. At least not when I'm already shooting a .22.

J.

Guest 1817ak47
Looking at the ballistics charts on NAA's site, the CCI maxi mag +v are faster... however, they're only 30 gr. bullets. ( The Win. Super-X I'm shooting are 40 gr. )

Not sure I wanna give up 1/4 the weight of the bullet for just 150 fps or so. At least not when I'm already shooting a .22.

J.

from what i understand heavier bull'ets are better for short barrels as they they absorb more usable energy from the power charge vsthe lighter ones.

keep in mind a 30 grain bullet is 3/4 or 75% the weight of a 40 grain. so a little addedxd velocity won't mean it is actually better, need that weight too. I remember looking on there and I was either going to use 40 or 50 grain bullets due to there test results with velocity and weight factored together for the deepest flesh penetration