Protect your right to own a fire arm.

Guest wasr762

Guest wasr762

As many of you know this right is being challenged by washington D.C. I believe your best bet to preserve your right to gun ownership is to support presidential candidate Ron Paul. He has a proven record of support for gun ownership and DOES believe the second ammendment protects the INDIVDUAL right not only the right of a "militia" wich is what the D.C. court case could end up deciding. And by militia the gov't deems the national guard to be a militia, wich means only our gov't would own guns. I strongly believe we have the individual right to own a fire arm (Wich I do) and am backing Ron Paul. He wants to repeal the brady bill and supported overturning the clinton "assualt weapon ban" before it sunsetted. You can read about him at www.ronpaul2008.com look at the "issues" banner and select the second ammendment or just click here. http://www.ronpaul2008.com/issues/second-amendment/. You won't be dissipointed in his record, please check him out. Thank you.

• Replies 25
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest wasr762

Here is a quote from Ron Paul wich I believe sums up his views nicely....."

I share our Founders’ belief that in a free society each citizen must have the right to keep and bear arms. They ratified the Second Amendment knowing that this right is the guardian of every other right, and they all would be horrified by the proliferation of unconstitutional legislation that prevents law-abiding Americans from exercising this right." I fully agree.

• 2 weeks later...

I actually like what ron paul is saying, I'm a pretty good fan of most of what thompson is saying to. I just hope we don't end up with a communist woman in office or any of the other cantidates running. I'll defintly be voiting hopefully these 2 mean what they say and we won't get the old bait and switch again.

Ron Paul has some great positions on things but he is currently an un winnable candidate as he does not have the exposure needed to succed yet.

Fred is our best bet to defeat the commie libtards! We all have to come together as conservatives to win. Let Ron get his first exposure this run and come back in 8 years for his shot!

as far as I can tell Ron Paul is just crazy. And his foreign policy needs a lot of work.

Agreed about his foreign policy, I could support him on everything else.

Guest bulletproof

I like some of the things Ron Paul says but others are just not feasible/practical/real world solutions. Particularly foreign policy. The other day he was making a comparison with the Iraq war with the VietNam war and to me they just aren't comparable for what he was attempting to say. There are probably more differences than there are similarities (sp?) I'm leaning toward Fred right now.

Heck, it doesn't matter. The GOP is skrewed. They're running around talking about programs and the Dems are talking vision. The GOP has totally forgotten how to win elections. You set out a broad vision of gov't that people can agree on:

-Gov't is not the solution to the problem. In many cases Gov't IS the problem.

-Taxes are too high and the tax code too complicated.

-Muslim terrorists are a threat to our way of life, much as the communists were from 1920-1990. We must fight them wherever and whenever we can.

That's it. Three easy to say sound bites that would propel the GOP to victory. Instead we've got Fred supporting ethanol mandates (he lost me there). We've got all these other clowns trying to be Republicans.

Ron Paul is unelectable. If a Republican like me (I voted for Reagan twice and would do so again) won't support him, then who except RonZombies will?

You set out a broad vision of gov't that people can agree on:

-Gov't is not the solution to the problem. In many cases Gov't IS the problem.

-Taxes are too high and the tax code too complicated.

-Muslim terrorists are a threat to our way of life, much as the communists were from 1920-1990. We must fight them wherever and whenever we can.

That's it. Three easy to say sound bites that would propel the GOP to victory. Instead we've got Fred supporting ethanol mandates (he lost me there). We've got all these other clowns trying to be Republicans.

Ron Paul is unelectable. If a Republican like me (I voted for Reagan twice and would do so again) won't support him, then who except RonZombies will?

That's it, Rabbi for President! :blush:

Guest David Waldrip

The Rabbi hit the bullseye.

The Republicans can't get traction, and some plain speaking is the key. Maybe that's why Huckabee is now the frontrunner in Iowa.

No, Huckabee wont be elected because Republicans are held in as much regard as OJ Simpson. Maybe less. The GOP has squandered the moral authority it held as small government tax cutters. Voters won't trust them ans people are tired of a Republican in the White House.

I agree his name, and nickname the huckster, won't help him any.

Guest canynracer
We have a Bush in the white house again and if Hillary get in we will have more Bush in the White House.

Sorry that was tasteless.

:D EEEEEEEWWWWWWWWWwwwwwwwwwwwwweeee

sorry, got the visual

Fred didnt do that great of a job. we still can not carry in restaurants that serve alcohol

and carry is still prohibited on college campus' as well. the state law that allows these companies/corporations to restrict myself for example, from legally having my firearm in the car, NOT on my person, but locked in the car needs to be struck down as well. the only place that carrying should be off limits is in a police depts and courthouses.

these places of business that blatantly post the incorrect signs should be fined heavily. there is a gas station a mile or so away that still has the old sign saying it is a felony to carry or have your car a gun on the property of ANY place that SELLS or serves alcohol. that law was stuck down ages ago. the sad thing about it is the only places i see that sign are gas stations ran by the towel heads.

Fred didnt do that great of a job. we still can not carry in restaurants that serve alcohol

and carry is still prohibited on college campus' as well. the state law that allows these companies/corporations to restrict myself for example, from legally having my firearm in the car, NOT on my person, but locked in the car needs to be struck down as well. the only place that carrying should be off limits is in a police depts and courthouses.

What does Fred Thompson have to do with state laws on firearms? Fred was never part of the state government.

Police departments are subject to the same restrictions as every place else: if they haven't posted it properly, you can carry there.

these places of business that blatantly post the incorrect signs should be fined heavily. there is a gas station a mile or so away that still has the old sign saying it is a felony to carry or have your car a gun on the property of ANY place that SELLS or serves alcohol. that law was stuck down ages ago. the sad thing about it is the only places i see that sign are gas stations ran by the towel heads.

Why should they be fined heavily? Wouldn't a better punishment simply be that their signs are unenforceable since they fail to meet regs?

As for "towel heads", are you speaking about Yemenite Muslims, Egyptian Copts, or Iranian Zoroastrians? Or do you even have a clue?

These places live in fear, rightfully so, of getting robbed. I could understand their wanting to restrict carry. Perhaps a better approach would be to point out, gently and politely, that permit holders must go through rigorous tests and background checks and that to date no permit holder has robbed a convenience store in this state. Also that by restricting legal permit holders they allow criminals, who aren't going to obey the sign anyway, to enter knowing that no one else is armed. And while we're at it, maybe them getting a firearm and some training in its use might not be a bad idea.

What is it about flies and vinegar?