Crossbreed Supertuck

Among Supertuck owners, who has combat cut vs. regular?  

36 members have voted

1. 1. Among Supertuck owners, who has combat cut vs. regular?

CrossBreed did at one point make a mag carrier. Don't see it on their site anymore, guess they scrapped it. ..

They made two different styles, plus a double and single holder of each type.

I tried one of their last models when I was first experimenting with spare mag carry, it was huge for the purpose, was overall big enough to carry a Kahr on.

Sent it back for refund.

- OS

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest AreSeeFiddyWon

I have one of their mag carriers. I wore it once and never made it out of the house. A G23 @ 4 o'clock in a supertuck + the mag carrier @ 8 o'clock was just too much bulk for my taste. I experimented a while trying to find a workable position, but I finally said the heck with it and it sits at the top of my 'holsters i've tried and don't like' bucket.

Edit: Oh, the holster is a good one though. ;)

I got my supertuck around Christmas time last year and have been wearing it ever since for my 1911. When I ordered mine I asked about the mag carriers and the lady told me that they had stopped making them because they were working on improving them and didn't want to post them until they were ready with the new model. I can deal with that.

I love my supertuck and will be ordering another one when I get my Ruger 45.

I have one of their mag carriers. I wore it once and never made it out of the house. A G23 @ 4 o'clock in a supertuck + the mag carrier @ 8 o'clock was just too much bulk for my taste. I experimented a while trying to find a workable position, but I finally said the heck with it and it sits at the top of my 'holsters i've tried and don't like' bucket.

Edit: Oh, the holster is a good one though. :death:

Well don't waste it! send it to me:koolaid:

Guest broncobuddha

For those of you that have the CBST, how many of you ordered it with the combat cut? I've seen a lot of discussion on this. Some people choose to cut it themselves.

Just curious. I've been looking into these heavily as I wasn't sure exactly where I was going to try and carry.

I'm big too, 6'2" around 260 and was worried about concealability. For now, I'm going with a Desantis Pro Stealth in appendix.

I do see a Crossbreed in my future I think.

For those of you that have the CBST, how many of you ordered it with the combat cut? I've seen a lot of discussion on this. Some people choose to cut it themselves. ...

I did not get the combat cut. I've read that it's easy enough to cut it yourself. I've thought about doing it, but haven't convinced myself that it's necessary.

Guest broncobuddha

Cool. Just wanted some opinions. I've heard of some people not being able to get a full grip with the non-combat cut ones and I've heard from others that the full versions can depress the mag release on certain makes of guns.

• 2 weeks later...

After taking the Self Defense Handgun course at RangeUSA, I definitely recommend the combat cut if you are a.) big around the middle or b.) doing a lot of holster draw training, or c.) both. I found that quickly drawing my XD9 SC was tricky to do with a positive "V" grip because the holster fits so snugly against the inner side of the grip. I kept catching myself drawing the weapon by gripping the rear sites with my thumb. The combat cut allows you to grip the weapon exactly as you shoot it so that you have positive control from holster to target. So again, if your gun stays in your holster 99.9% of the time, combat cut not necessary. If you train a lot with your supertuck, I'd go combat cut.

Edited by GIJake
spelling
After taking the Self Defense Handgun course at RangeUSA, I definitely recommend the combat cut if you are a.) big around the middle or b.) doing a lot of holster draw training, or c.) both. I found that quickly drawing my XD9 SC was tricky to do with a positive "V" grip because the holster fits so snugly against the inner side of the grip. I kept catching myself drawing the weapon by gripping the rear sites with my thumb. The combat cut allows you to grip the weapon exactly as you shoot it so that you have positive control from holster to target. So again, if your gun stays in your holster 99.9% of the time, combat cut not necessary. If you train a lot with your supertuck, I'd go combat cut.

I made similar observations while practicing (no combat cut). The trick I found for drawing was to drive my thumb down rather forcefully. I suspect that if I took a class that required lots of drawing, I'd need to tape my thumb up because it rubs heavily on the leather backing.

I made similar observations while practicing (no combat cut). The trick I found for drawing was to drive my thumb down rather forcefully. I suspect that if I took a class that required lots of drawing, I'd need to tape my thumb up because it rubs heavily on the leather backing.

Precisely my point.