Calling all Kimber owners!

E4 No More

Guest Verbal Kint

If looking at Kimbers... you might want to hold off for another month (release date is supposed to be mid-March) and look at Kimber's new 2010 "Super Carry" line that they introduced at SHOT show.

Google "kimber super carry pro" and you'll find release pics and info brief on their commander-size model, as well as the ultra and full-size.

I was holding out for that Pro model, but just pulled the trigger (no pun intended) on an M&P 45 that a local shop had at a good price. Still may pick up that Kimber down the road, though, as I really like the options and look of it.

Just something to think about.

Edited to Add: Current Pre-Order pricing is around $1500 range, which seems high. But that's how all new model sales go. Everyone is speculating that they will actually list in the $12XX range like the current CDP II line that Kimber offers. FWIW.

Edited by Verbal Kint
  • Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If looking at Kimbers... you might want to hold off for another month (release date is supposed to be mid-March) and look at Kimber's new 2010 "Super Carry" line that they introduced at SHOT show.

Google "kimber super carry pro" and you'll find release pics and info brief on their commander-size model, as well as the ultra and full-size.

I was holding out for that Pro model, but just pulled the trigger (no pun intended) on an M&P 45 that a local shop had at a good price. Still may pick up that Kimber down the road, though, as I really like the options and look of it.

Just something to think about.

Edited to Add: Current Pre-Order pricing is around $1500 range, which seems high. But that's how all new model sales go. Everyone is speculating that they will actually list in the $12XX range like the current CDP II line that Kimber offers. FWIW.

I saw the Super Carry in the catalog that I got at On Target, but then it wasn't on Kimber's website. I was wondering if I had an old catalog or something. Thanks for letting me know.

And that is all that matters.

To explain a little:

The Colt XSE doesn't blow my skirt up, and the M4-A3 was not the result of a shining moment of clear thought. My Savage model 12 in .308 reaches out to touch much farther, and I don't see me storming strongholds during the apocalypse at the age of 49. Eventually, (when the wife's gainfully employed), I'll buy a varminter version to play with.

Not sure that I would get rid of my M4 ( I'm older than you) I do like shooting

it. However I do understand and I think you would be very happy with an Ed Brown

Custom. I don't believe they have it any longer, but Outpost Armory had a Stainless

Executive Carry that was quite bewitching a few weeks ago.

Not sure that I would get rid of my M4 ( I'm older than you) I do like shooting

it. However I do understand and I think you would be very happy with an Ed Brown

Custom. I don't believe they have it any longer, but Outpost Armory had a Stainless

Executive Carry that was quite bewitching a few weeks ago.

I have my sights set on a Kobra Carry at Hero Gear. I'm going to check it out Saturday.

Guest dougmcfalls

I have a Stainless II with Tru glo Night sights. It's a great piece. The 1911 is a classic. Every gun owner should have at least one in their collection. My Kimber is a heavy gun so it doesn't get a lot of cary but it is an awesome handgun.

I have a CDP pro carry II and an Aegis. Both are great weapons. I had a small problem with the Aegis slidestop, but otherwise. Kimber, like other manufacturer has pistols with problems. The cost are pretty high, but have you looked into getting say a SA "Loaded" model checkered on the front strap, melt down for carry, night sights etc. IMHO, prices are relative unless you can do some of these things yourself.

So SWJewellTN how did your shopping/fact finding mission go today?

I went with the Ed Brown Kobra Carry, and also picked up a Sig556 DMR to boot. The Kimbers were nice, but the Brown felt like it just was meant to fit in my hand. The trigger and fitment were much superior too. Joe also treated me right on the weapons and my trade-ins.

Check it out! http://www.tngunowners.com/forums/general-off-topic/35692-does-my-wife-love-me-what.html

Guest herefordman1

I'll add my $.02. From all the threads I've read and personal experience I think I'm safe in saying Kimbers are a little picky about what you feed them. More especially self defense ammo.