FNP9 for SR9c

AMSting

I really like the SR9c, but don't think I can swing buying one without selling my FNP9 first. Would a straight trade for my FNP9 with about 250 rounds through it for a new SR9c be a decent deal for both sides? I like the FNP, but it feels a little big to me for CC. It shoots tight groups and all, but the SR9c feels a little better in my hand.

• Replies 10
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest JHatmaker

First off, a friendly reminder to others viewing; do not reply to this thread or send PM's to this member with trade offers. Per the forum rules, trade inquires are only allowed in the Classifieds section, and you must be a benefactor to post For Sale/Trade ads. If this thread turns into an ad, it will be deleted and infractions given.

To answer your question, I'd keep the FNP9. I had one and regret selling it (like most of the guns I sell). While I've heard the trigger pull is better in the SR9C vs the standard SR9, I'd much rather have the FNP.

I don't know much about the FNP9 but if you like it then keep it. Save up your money for a few months and then buy a SR9. The good thing about the SR9c is that Ruger seems to be cranking out a big # of them so you won't have to worry about having a hard time finding one. Unless your just dieing to get one RIGHT NOW then take your time.

And you can do like I did, take your coin jar down to coinstar and cash them in. Last time my dad did that it was $1000 worth of coins! Just a thought. Best of luck.

I would at least hang on to the FNP9 for a few months longer. I know this gets beaten to death but I will say it anyway. Given Rugers recent track record on new releases do you really want to trade away a proven good gun on a new SR9c with no track record. And by that time you could have saved up enough coin to just buy one.

Wow, unanimous for keeping the FNP. So what you are all saying is to just buy another gun? I like this board more every day ;).

I will wait a little longer for the SR9c. So far, I have heard good reports, but I would like to hear more long term results.

And I am looking for another holster. I hear great things about Crossbreed, so am planning to go that route. If the holster will work for both the FNP and SR9c, I would really be happy.

Guest blairellis

I own a SR9 and went to look at the SR9c on Monday morning at the local outfitters. The trigger is WAY better on the SR9c than the regular SR9. Its not gritty and grainy and the pull is a lot lighter too. I am going to be picking up a SR9c very soon and it will be my primary gun. My Crossbreed Supertuck and SERPA both are compatible with the gun as well so no need to buy more holsters either.

Guest Sgt. Joe

I have the SR9 and the SR9c and like them both. But being new to all this I can only speak of what I know.

What I have read over and over is those who trade away or sell stuff that they have the most often wish they would have kept it.

I was offered a New Ruger LCR and several hundred rounds for my Walther PPS-9. I can not get mags for the PPS and dont have a wheel gun. I am tempted but something tells me to just save and wait.

Also while I have had zero issues with the SR9 and really do love it, my SR9c has already been sent back to Ruger and should be back tomorrow, while it functioned flawlessly one of the cam block retaining pins was working it self out?

I think you should just save and wait, wait and save.....give us guinea pigs some more time with the SR9c....:(