looking for comfortable concealed holster to fit Taurus millennium pro .45

• Replies 9
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Galco Summer Comfort gets my pick

The Galco is a good holster. We use them for 1911's.

I have a McDaniel II ( available here Andrews Custom Leather). Looks like this:

macdaniel2_b.jpg

The McDaniel is adjustable for cant. The top is reinforced very well. The build quality simply cant be beat. The Andrews guys are good to deal with.

Having said all that:

If you are a full-figured guy (..or even rotund, like me --hehehe...) an inside the waistband will be uncomfortable some times. I carry a glock 33 (...short barrel, wide cross section..). A slimmer pistol (like a 1911) is always more confortable to carry (...for them, the Galcos work just fine...). I'm still working on just the right location for the McDaniel. I bought it to get ready for summer "go to meeting" clothes. Khakis, etc with a shirt or light sport coat over the top to cover the hardware.

If you are a bit full figured; you may want to take a look at a good leather hip pocket holster. They work great in dungaree hip pockets, khaki front pockets, and jacket pockets. That's how i carry most of them time. I bought the McDaniel hoping to change it up a bit; just havent quite worked it out yet.

There are several guys who make them both ready made and custom. Here is the Andrews take on the pocket holster:

wallet_b.jpg

Lots of folks make a holster like this one.

I use a kydex because i like the Allen Miller model. They are made right and left hand draw, and simply dissappear in your pockets. After all the baby glock is just a tool; not a "real" heirloom [..this ought to start a fight--- hehehe...]. It is simply a tool like a hammer or handsaw [..and a real good one by the way--- accurate, dependable, and deadly as a drug store...hehehe...]. Check it out here: Holsters and accessories. It costs a whopping 29.95 plus 5.00 shipping. Allen Miller is a Tennessee boy and is a good fellow to deal with.

For what it's worth; if you are like most of us; you will find out that you will ultimately collect a pile of holsters. That's ok. I'ts all part of handgun thing.

Good luck in finding the holster you like. Dont be suprized if it takes a few trys to find the one you "really like". It did for all of us too!!

Kind regards

Leroy

PS: DONT SKIMP ON QUALITY. THE BIG DIFFERENCE BETWEEN MOST OF THESE HOLSTERS IS BUILD QUALITY. GALCO-GOOD, ANDREWS-GOOD, MILT SPARKS-GOOD;--- SIDEARMOR--GOOD, CROSSBREED-GOOD -- YOU GET THE PICTURE.

I know you said you didnt want kydex, but you really should check out the Hybrid leather/kydex Comptac Minotaur holsters...they are supremely comfortable. I use one for my 1911 and my Kahr CW45...i have tried the Crossbreed, Kholster, and standard leather Don Hume's and none were as nice or comfortable as the M-tac in my opinion.

I know you said you didnt want kydex, but you really should check out the Hybrid leather/kydex Comptac Minotaur holsters...they are supremely comfortable. I use one for my 1911 and my Kahr CW45...i have tried the Crossbreed, Kholster, and standard leather Don Hume's and none were as nice or comfortable as the M-tac in my opinion.

I will +1 Ya on the MTAC,I wear one daily,and also have a Crossbreed Supertuck but the MTAC is my favorite.The one on top is for my Taurus 24/7 it would be close to the same for your Millinium,the bottom MTAC is wearing Crossbreed clips.

IMG_0908.jpg

IMG_0980.jpg

Here is a couple of pics for reference

Edited by krunchnik
spelling

see how the Mtac's leather is stitched and of a higher quality...the kydex is the same for both, the Crossbreeds clips are cool because of the Cross, but overall the Mtac is just plain better quality imho.

edit: One other big plus about the Mtac is that you can buy different kydex "holsters" for it and swap them out with hex screws for only $38.00 each whereas the Crossbreed you have to buy a completely different holster.

Edited by Magiccarpetrides
more info