sw 642 for taurus judge

bayouvol

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

ok, ok, ok, ok, ok, I think I got it now. Seems like no would be the answer! I really just needed someone to hit me in the head with a brick .......................................

But the whole house hurt was a little too much.LOL. I can't believe EVERYONE agreed on this one.

Guest Ae-35
this mindset really gets old
yep. but when Taurus gets a better reputation for quality, and improves customer service, maybe it will stop. I want to like Taurus, I've got one (745), but I just don't trust their products, yet.
yep. but when Taurus gets a better reputation for quality, and improves customer service, maybe it will stop. I want to like Taurus, I've got one (745), but I just don't trust their products, yet.

I understand that, my only beef is the fact that most of the people that badmouth Taurus have not owned one. I have a 24 7 that has been flawless through almost 400 rds. My 500$ Sig is giving me a lot of problems. Ruger has recalled both the LCP and the SR9 yet no one one is going around bashing them. Just my .02.

Sorry to the OP for the thread hijack. As to your question, I would NOT take the trade but only because I think the Judge is very impractical. Good luck

I wouldn't trade my 642 for a dozen Tauruses.

Sorry Greg but you are just flat out wrong. See what you do is trade your 642 for a dozen Tauruses. Then you sell the dozen Tauruses real cheap, lets say $200 ea., so they move fast. Then you buy back your 642 and still have 2 grand in your pocket to buy more S&W's. :rolleyes:

All of the above. I'm a Taurus fan and I woulndn't do this trade. In a nutshell, you're giving a good carry gun for an oversize piece of questionable worth. Althougth, I'd like a judge, there have been too many unresolve issues with them yet to purchase one. And for you to give money between them is just not even right. If you want one, save and buy it outright. You will be much better off and a lot happier in the long run.

Sorry Greg but you are just flat out wrong. See what you do is trade your 642 for a dozen Tauruses. Then you sell the dozen Tauruses real cheap, lets say $200 ea., so they move fast. Then you buy back your 642 and still have 2 grand in your pocket to buy more S&W's. :rolleyes:

I see your point, but the no lock S&ws are getting hard to find. I didn't mean to slam Taurus as a company, I was referring more to the Judge specifically. I am a revolver fan, but this is one of the most useless products to hit the market in a long time. Be patient and you'll be able to buy one for a song once the new wears off them.

Edited by gregintenn
poor typing skills
Guest Ae-35
I understand that, my only beef is the fact that most of the people that badmouth Taurus have not owned one. I have a 24 7 that has been flawless through almost 400 rds. My 500$ Sig is giving me a lot of problems. Ruger has recalled both the LCP and the SR9 yet no one one is going around bashing them. Just my .02.

Sorry to the OP for the thread hijack. As to your question, I would NOT take the trade but only because I think the Judge is very impractical. Good luck

You mentioned the SR9. I had the pleasure to check-out one of the new SR9c's at TCGD, yesterday. Yeah not really compact except for a slightly shorter slide and grip. BUT the Trigger!!! BEST trigger I've ever pressed on a out of the box polymer gun!!! I don't know if all of them are that nice, but if I hadn't been there for something else. Well I just might have bought that gun!!! If anyone's look'n for one with a really, really sweet trigger, Tom has it at TCGD!
You mentioned the SR9. I had the pleasure to check-out one of the new SR9c's at TCGD, yesterday. Yeah not really compact except for a slightly shorter slide and grip. BUT the Trigger!!! BEST trigger I've ever pressed on a out of the box polymer gun!!! I don't know if all of them are that nice, but if I hadn't been there for something else. Well I just might have bought that gun!!! If anyone's look'n for one with a really, really sweet trigger, Tom has it at TCGD!

My dad owns the SR9 and yes it is a pleasure to shoot. Not too heavy for such a big gun. Trigger is great. Dead on accurate as well. Adjustable sights too if I'm not mistaken. High capacity mags(17+1). Only thing I noticed are hints of cheapness. Safety feels gritty to me. But overall a great shooter, not one I would buy personally but it's a solid gun. And they are priced reasonably too. My dad picked his up at the gun show. we think the woman made a mistake because she sold it too him for 330+tax.