Income tax check!!!

• Replies 24
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I would have loved to purchased a new firearm with my check. I had plans on it, but we spent $1,000 on some oral surgery for the wife, $400 for a new stove, $500 on a condo in Destin for a family vacation this year, and the rest is in saving.

I guess we need to have a few more kids so I can get back enough for a gun. :D

Well got my check today from old uncle sam. that means this week I will be going to get a new handgun, Thinking of getting a Springfield xd Subcompact! any other suggestions?

The only way to really improve on that: 2 XD subcompacts. :P

Or maybe some Trijicon night sights on it.

Guest uofmeet
Well got my check today from old uncle sam. that means this week I will be going to get a new handgun, Thinking of getting a Springfield xd Subcompact! any other suggestions?

Actually, me and the wife are planning on getting 2 of them when our check comes in. We are planning on the 40 cal

Guest mustangdave
Garage door openers? What do you think wives are for? :P

:P...its your funeral. The old set up had to go...original equipment with the house in 1990

I'm lost,you mean to tell me the Gov gives you money back.Whats the catch.

J/K All of those are great items to spend a refund on,the Condo in Destin sounds like a heck of a deal.

We spent our tax refund on a Kobra Carry and a SIG556 DMR...oh, and a 642 w/LASER grips for her.

Could you rub that in a bit more, i'm still jealous because of your show and tell:cry:. Shoot the dmr yet? I want one, maybe they'll make a sig762 or something.

Could you rub that in a bit more, i'm still jealous because of your show and tell:cry:. Shoot the dmr yet? I want one, maybe they'll make a sig762 or something.

Not rubbing it in. I'm just proud. :D

I haven't shot it yet because I just got the scope mounts last week, and the frigg'n range was packed. I'm going to try Hobson Pike again this Saturday after I load a few 75gr Hornady's for it.

The Kobra Carry is certainly more accurate than I am, so when I miss I can only point the finger at myself. It did digest some heavy +P's without a hiccup.

Or maybe some Trijicon night sights on it.

Check out the TruGlo TFOs - I put them on my XDm, and love them. I haven't found a set of light conditions where they didn't perform. The combination of fiber-optic and tritium is very nice for range and home use.

Semi-related, but back to taxes - I shoot for a near-zero tax return every year. It's not as much fun as getting that big check come February, but knowing that the IRS didn't get an interest-free loan from me makes it all worthwhile. Those guys never even say thank you or buy breakfast when they're done with you, so I try to keep every cent I earn mine, and make sure we settle up at the end of the year. They can get their free rides from somebody else. YMMV.