FNP-45

Guest RGL01

• Replies 17
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest pjblurton

The FNP45 Tactical it is listed as Double-action/single-action (DA/SA) operation with decocking/manual safety levers

The FNP45 DA/SA it is listed as DA/SA with Decocker

Guest RGL01
I just got one (non-tactical) and it is dual function. Love the gun!

I own only 1911s but would like a gun that I can keep in my backpack ready to go. With my 1911s I am conservative and always use a retention strap so as to have an extra safety device (in this case leather) between the cocked hammer and the firing pin. I also don't want a striker fired weapon. The FNP-45 looks ideal. So tell me, does the frame have a red dot on the frame indicating "fire" mode. I've seen some (online) with and some without. But it looks like a complety safe sidearm to leave in the backpack decocked, safety on, sans holster.

Guest RGL01
Mine has the red dot for fire. I LOVE mine. I just shot it on Tuesday. I only have 350 rounds through it, but havent had the first malfunction. I highly recommend it.

Thanks. Gonna give it a good hard look this Summer when I complete my move down to Knoxville.

Red dot = ready to fire. Push safety lever up- covers red dot safety on. Push safety lever all the way down decocks and then you can put the safety on.

Just be sure you get the USG model

FNM0123mb.png

USG (US Guv't?) as opposed to what? FN-Belgium/European model?

Edited by RGL01
While not the .45 I can't wait till they release the FNX line, which is a 9mm and .40 version of the FNP 45 USG. These are fantastic pistols!

ME TO! ME TO!

only drawback is finding a holster I like.

Have you tried Bladetech. I bought their FNP shooters pack. Holster and mag carrier.

ME TO! ME TO!

Have you tried Bladetech. I bought their FNP shooters pack. Holster and mag carrier.

Yeah I have that also, I prefer a nylon or leather one to be honest, and while I can find a few online, I HATE buying that way...I much prefer to test the fit, etc...at a gun shop locally. I'm about to give up though and just order one I suppose...

I have the USG model and love it. It was the version that comes with 2 14 round and 1 15 round mags. It became my carry gun this winter and is easier to conceal than I first thought. (a good carry belt helps.) I do like the option of cocked and locked or double action for the first shot. I will definitely be giving the FNX pistols a hard look when they come out.

Yes it can be carried that way. Guess that might be good "in a backpack" where it might get banged around a bit, but between the long double action trigger pull and being in a holster covering the trigger guard, I would think that the safety might not really be needed for normal DA carry.

Guest RGL01
Yes it can be carried that way. Guess that might be good "in a backpack" where it might get banged around a bit, but between the long double action trigger pull and being in a holster covering the trigger guard, I would think that the safety might not really be needed for normal DA carry.

Thanks. Exactly! This will be my off body/backpack sidearm. Want to just leave it in the smaller front compartment without a holster. For on body carry it will be one of my 1911s in a Wild Bills IWB holster behind my right hip. Can't beat that.;)

PS - I think I'm sold on this sidearm! It's just what I've been looking for. May oneday attach their tactical 5.3" barrel as I like shooting my .45 ACP rounds through a 5" tube.

Edited by RGL01
  • 2 weeks later...
Guest ruger_six

Mine is decocker only - the USG doubles as decocker and safety. Either way you can't go wrong. The FNP series is perhaps the most underrated guns on the market right now - I'm not sure a gun can get any more reliable. The only think I could possible complain about is the "C more" sight as they call it on the .45 are harder for me to use than the sights on the FNP 9 and 40. Still it is an accurate, great shooting gun.