What are gun shows like in TN?

Hi all I'm just wondering what they are like here, i have never been to a gun show but i have read some bad things, one of the things that seems to pop up a lot is over pricing items like Tokarevs/CZ 52s/Mosins, not just kinda pricey but like $200+ for a nothing special Mosin Nagant which to me seems insane.

Also are there age restrictions at shows? I'm 17 and of course i cannot buy firearms on my own i must have my father accompany me but can i just go there and stroll around to look at what they have?

Can't wait for the next gun show in the Polk/Cleveland area, hopefully i can find a good deal or two.

• Replies 14
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

There's a show this weekend at the Armory in Cleveland. Go see for yourself. They aren't all the same. Chattanooga area is in dire need of a good show. Still there are deals to be had, even with the prices you just have to haggle some. I see Mosins for $115 to $135 out the door fairly often. And I have never heard of any age restriction on just going.

Guest walkingdeadman

In Memphis every single "thug" shows up to get their greasy hands on a new murder weapon. It makes me not even want to go.

Guest sammopar

gun shows sure are not what they use to be. all high priced Massed produced by the millions. i've offen wandered why a common 22 rifle can sell for 200$ and common small pocket 22 pistol would sell for the same amount? i know lawyers are involved. sorry didn't mean to get off topic. I'm disappointed every time i go to a gunshow anymore WHY do i keep going?

Guest FroggyOne2

It is rarer these days to find those gems of a deal.. most are truly too proud of what they are selling. Though I did get a deal back in Nov.. I scored a Winchester for 700 bucks that would normally go for around 1500 to 2000.

A lot of the above is true. I pretty much quit attending when NObama got in. It got worse than when Clinton was elected! I heard from good sources that people were going to WalMart, buying ammo and taking it to the gun show with a 30%+ markup. It's kind of like some gun shops: A good place to look, but not always a great place to buy. Plus it doesn't cost you $10.00 to get in a gun shop.

been to several in south east tn and north ga area this year looking for a thompson contender 9mm barrel (never found one). it has been many years since i have been to one (got mad at them several years ago). but what i saw i can say they all are still crap. $8.00 plus dollars to get in. wall to wall people doing nothing but walking around. high prices on everything, guns, ammo, reloading supplies, etc. you can beat the prices by using the net, no matter what you buy, plus shipping, haz mat fee, trans fee, etc. used guns higher than new guns on the net. the only deals that i saw were in the parking lot. if the parking lot guys made it inside they changed their prices to the higher price. lots of knifes and beef jerky. some are like a flea market. i would shop on the net before i go to a gun show. that way you will not get beat.

I love the gun shows, they get crowded sometimes. But imagine that, hundreds of like minded people wanting to go look at and fondle firearms. Kinda funny too, but gun shows make me feel like I am in a very safe place even if it is crowded. I can't say that for a lot of other situation where there are lots of people.

Good deals can be had, no one forces anyone to overpay.

Yep I love them.

Oh i always figured it made the stall owners mad if you just fondle their guns and don't buy them, thats pretty much why i wanted to go, just to know my way around a few more guns cause i have never touched an AR 15 or any high priced stuff like that, in fact i don't own a gun thats worth more then $200.

going to a gun show is like hunting for diamonds in arkansas every now and then you may find a jewl.......here in jackson its where gun shops set up booths and try to fool people into thinking "hey im at a gun show it must be a good deal.....of course ill pay 700 for that 1st gen police trade in glock 22 with faded night sights....I GOT A GREAT DEAL CAUSE I GOT IT A GUN SHOW!!!!" then they are confused when they got to trade it in and the same gun shop offers them 250 bucks:screwy:;)

going to a gun show is like hunting for diamonds in arkansas every now and then you may find a jewl.......here in jackson its where gun shops set up booths and try to fool people into thinking "hey im at a gun show it must be a good deal.....of course ill pay 700 for that 1st gen police trade in glock 22 with faded night sights....I GOT A GREAT DEAL CAUSE I GOT IT A GUN SHOW!!!!" then they are confused when they got to trade it in and the same gun shop offers them 250 bucks:screwy:;)

Lmao i have had people try to sell me police trade in glocks, they said "this isn't a regular glock this is a police trade in glock, its higher quality than what civilians get so its worth more!"