Moving to Ohio for 2 months--carry laws?

• Replies 15
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Cool, Ohio is not a bad place, not at all. If I was you I would look at Dayton over Columbus if all things are equal. Dayton is really greater Cincinnnati anymore. And Columbus is a cesspool as far as I know.

Be sure to develop a taste for Skyline Chili and goetta. Two of my favorite foods.

Had to look it up.

Far out, "Cincinnati Caviar". :P

For anyone else in the dark:

Goetta - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

- OS

you have not had breakfast until you have Goetta on the plate with some eggs.

Glier's Goetta, the largest commercial producer of goetta, produces more than 1,000,000 lb (450 metric tons) annually, around 99% of which is consumed locally in greater Cincinnati.

That other 1% is consumed in Corryton :P

...If I was you I would look at Dayton over Columbus if all things are equal. Dayton is really greater Cincinnnati anymore. And Columbus is a cesspool as far as I know.

Be sure to develop a taste for Skyline Chili...

I'll stay out of the Dayton v. Columbus issue; they both have their pros and cons. One is sleepy and mildly criminal, the other is fun and has free-fire zones interspersed.

On the food, though, Mike, I disagree. Cincinnati chili is an abomination. How they decided that tomatoes, beef, onions, garlic, and hot peppers weren't good enough, and thus added NUTMEG still escapes me. Someone literally woke up one day and decided chili should taste more like pumpkin pie. No, no, a thousand times, no.

Never eat chili from people who think good BBQ is done on a grill or oven with KC Masterpiece.

/a nerve was struck...too many years up there hearing how awesome the chili was, along with Cinci's alleged BBQ

Cinci's alleged BBQ

I lived there for 30 years, never heard of Cincinnati BBQ, and if there was such a thing it would be barbecue. Cincinnati chili is a greek concoction and it is very much the food of Gods. Dunno where you get pumpkin pie from, it does not taste like any pie I have ever eaten.

Edited by Mike.357
typo

Looks like I am going to be heading for the Cincinnati area the rest of this week. I've never tried the goetta but will do so this time. I've spent a bit of time in the SW Ohio area over the years. Not my favorite places but business calls.

oldogy

BTW to OP. Ohio is a must inform state if you are carrying.

BTW Is there a restaurant chain that serves goetta?

I'm in Cleveland OH right now for work. Gotta tell ya, I think it's an arm pit. Cincinnati looked nicer though, as I was passing through it.

Guest HvyMtl

oldogy - I find staying across the river in Northern Ky better. For decent deal / clean hotel, I suggest the Redroof - Cincinnati Airport on Turfway (it is also beside the horse track) decent # of restaurants. And no - you do not hear the airplanes.

Seems like I remember that in Ohio, your firearm had to be in a holster on your person or locked in a box. Discussed this with a gunstore owner outside of Dayton and he seemed to think this was to make sure you had control over the weapon (i.e. a child or someone else couldn't access your weapon as if it were in the console or tucked between seats, etc.) Might want to read up on that. I found that of interest as I usually have one weapon on my person and another located somewhere readily accessable .

Anyone else heard of this?