OOOOH I hate these idiots, I would provide the ammo!

Marine's Father Ordered To Pay Church's Court Costs - Baltimore News Story - WBAL Baltimore

Marine's Father Ordered To Pay Church's Court Costs

BALTIMORE -- Lawyers for the father of a Marine who died in Iraq and whose funeral was picketed by anti-gay protesters said a court has ordered him to pay the protesters' appeal costs. Lawyers for Albert Snyder of York, Pa., also said he is struggling to come up with fees associated with filing a brief with the U.S. Supreme Court. Sean Summers, one of Snyder's lawyers, said the decision adds "insult to injury."

The two-page decision shed no light on the court's reason for the ruling. The high court agreed earlier this month to consider whether the protesters' message is protected by the First Amendment or limited by the competing privacy and religious rights of the mourners. On Friday, Court of Appeals for the Fourth Circuit ordered that Snyder pay costs associated with the Fred Phelps' appeal.Phelps is the leader of the Westboro Baptist Church, which conducted protests at Marine Lance Cpl. Matthew Snyder's funeral in 2006 in Westminster.

• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Personally I think protesters of this type should be treated as traitors to the country, and therefore should lose their right to the First Amendment, and should possibly be hanged. That's just my opinion on it though.

I'm with you.

Guest pjblurton

I for one would like this fathers address so I can kick in some jack to help with the fees. Pops shouldn't have to pay one red cent! This is BS!

Personally I think protesters of this type should be treated as traitors to the country, and therefore should lose their right to the First Amendment, and should possibly be hanged. That's just my opinion on it though.

+100 also

There are just not words to describe these low life people. I can not believe for a minute that we have a justice system that would make these kinds of ludicrous judgements. Well sadly enough I guess I can believe it. This has become the world we live in. Respect as well as common sense seem to be nonexistant anymore.

Guest jackdm3
I for one would like this fathers address so I can kick in some jack to help with the fees. Pops shouldn't have to pay one red cent! This is BS!

We could make headway if Brooks was involved.

Guest jackdm3

We may not find the father's address (though it shouldn't be difficult), I'd rather send something directly to him for his discrete deposit. Doubt this fund is tax-deductible. Like giving tips at restaurants, I always give cash and leave it up to the waiter to decide on claiming it. The family's been through enough.

Guest bkelm18

There are a lot of things people can do to get on my "sh*t list". However there are only a few things people can do to get on my "I'd take pleasure in stomping your face" list. Disrespecting a fallen soldier is definitely one of those. Utterly ridiculous is all I've got to say.

I just sent this off to all the corporate e-mail addresses I could find at Cox Communications. Cox is not the hosting site but the ISP the owner of the IP addresses.

To whom it may concern.

This mail is being sent to all in your Public Policy and Internet directors. I am writing you due to the fact the hosting company involved will take no action. This is regarding 2 IP addresses owned by your company. The addresses are 70.184.229.62 and 70.184.229.63 these addresses were issued by a hosting company called Tsnetworking.com. This host is hosting two sites that are clearly a direct reversal of your companies diversity values. These sites are as follows: Westboro Baptist Church Home Page and Westboro Baptist Church Home Page.

As you have probably heard in the news over the last few years. Westboro Baptist Church is a hate group that travel all over the country protesting at the funerals of fallen soldiers, police officers, and public officials. They disrupt the funerals by loudly protesting that these men and woman have died as a "punishment from God for being homosexual or having something to do with supporting the cause of homosexuality." They often provoke response from police, families, and bystanders, so they can sue in court for violating their first amendment right as well as their right to protest. This is how they fund their hate group. This is a very short explanation of their exploits please research them further.

Last year a child advocacy group called Pervertedjustice.org was successful in the removal of hundreds of questionable websites by bypassing the hosting companies and going straight to the ISPs. I would hope your company has the integrity and good taste to remove these sites.

Thank you

Guest jackdm3

If we can somehow send the boys of Hutaree to meet them somewhere, do you think we would get a gene pool cleansing or a doubling up of the militia?

There are a lot of things people can do to get on my "sh*t list". However there are only a few things people can do to get on my "I'd take pleasure in stomping your face" list. Disrespecting a fallen soldier is definitely one of those. Utterly ridiculous is all I've got to say.
+1000

Remember when that nutjob murdered those little Amish girls at their school back in 2006? This same group of scum was all set to show up and protest at the funerals of those little girls, calling them 'wh*res' and so on. The only reason they didn't was that a radio host (Mike Gallagher) made a deal with them to give them an hour of air time if they would cancel the protest.

FOXNews.com - Anti-Gay Kansas Church Cancels Protests at Funerals for Slain Amish Girls - Local News | News Articles | National News | US News

Being a Baptist from the Kansas City area, I am quite familiar with Phelp's group calling themselves Baptist, and I find it offensive. Their group shows that you can form your own religion, call it what you want, and then go screw with anyone under the guise of freedom of speech and religion. It pisses me off! I doubt he is saved, but either way he's got some s'plaining to do.

Being a Baptist from the Kansas City area, I am quite familiar with Phelp's group calling themselves Baptist, and I find it offensive. Their group shows that you can form your own religion, call it what you want, and then go screw with anyone under the guise of freedom of speech and religion. It pisses me off! I doubt he is saved, but either way he's got some s'plaining to do.
Westboro Baptist Church is a cesspool of ignorance and backwardness. The world will not mourn the death of Fred Phelps.

There is nothing church, baptist, christian, or good about these people. They are a family who have self labeled themselves. They represent the opposite of what they call themselves. They would make good democrats :D:screwy:

Scum of the earth. Period. I honestly dont know how the families hold it together. If I was in their place I dont think I couldnt control myself and I would do somthing stupid. Damn those protesters make me sick.

I agree. Personally I KNOW that I couldn't hold it together if that were a relative of mine, heck I don't even think I would try.

I'm absolutely sick of the people in this country that hide behind our Constitution, in order to speak out AGAINST what it stands for and those that support it. Our soldiers are doing what our government has told them needed to be done in order to protect this country. If you don't agree with what they've been told to do, you should take it up with their boss instead of protesting at a fallen soldier's funeral.

If I ever ran into one of these protesters in public, and knew for a fact that he/she did such a thing at a soldier's funeral, I would imagine I would spend the rest of my years sitting in prison for what I had done to that person.