January 19th 2008 Middle TN Lunch n' Shoot

Will you be able to participate?  

14 members have voted

1. 1. Will you be able to participate?

• YES - I will be at the lunch and at the range afterward.
    • YES - I will only be at lunch.
    • YES - I will only be at the range.

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest ETS_Inc
Oh, come on Rabbi! They got beef n' chicken too I betcha. I'll even spring for your choice of desserts :-q

The problem is, their kitchen is almost certainly not kosher.

Hmmm .... I've never actually been to range to shoot. I'll put this on my calendar and see how my schedule shapes up. I guess I could handle the embarrassment. :D

Hopefully the magwell, mag extensions (+5), and the trigger-bar & sear kit from Springer Precision for my XD-9 Tactical will arrive in time for me to install them this week... the 19th will probably be my first opportunity to fire it with the first upgrades added.

Guest EasilyObsessed
Hopefully I can find a new extractor for my Kimber.

Your gun hanging up? Grab a Wilson Bulletproof off Midway? Did you try replacing the recoil spring?

On-Target is a 25-30yd indoor range... they do allow rifles, and have 2 lanes dedicated to rifle-shooters. They won't turn you away if you bring a rifle, but they might ask to hold your DL in the event you should damage something.

Most folks just bring pistols, simply because the range is so short, and because long-guns are pretty loud indoors.

Guest EasilyObsessed

Looks like I am going to miss the food portion of the event. Ill be getting to the range around 1pm. My Uncle and Cousin are in town and will be joining me along with my Father.

Guest tokarev

I have been there before. I have a membership. I was just wondering what kind of guns are normally brought to this kind of shoot. I've got a little bit of a bit of a selection.

Big or small bores. Short or long arms. Thumper softball loads.

Guest Jason F.

It looks like I can make both the lunch and shoot again this time (provided I can drag my sorry night working butt out of bed that early). I have yet another new pistola to shoot for the first time.

Had a blast folks! Good to see you all again, and meet some new faces.

My thumbs are sore from loading magazines... I counted it up, and I fired 700rd today. Most of that (500rd) was breaking in the XD-9, and I was extremely impressed with how it performed. Only one failure, which was obviously due to a bad primer in the small amount of WWB I fired through it... the firing pin indentation was well defined and centered

musicman, I hope you enjoy the Mosin... from the permanent grin on your face following each concussion, I am confident that you already do :) Thanks for letting me share a lane with you :tinfoil: