Foes of tea party movement to infiltrate rallies

Guest FroggyOne2

Guest FroggyOne2

?t=z&n=2369&s=breitbart&fleur_de_sel=5317387263524777

ALBANY, N.Y. (AP) - Opponents of the fiscally conservative tea party movement say they plan to infiltrate and dismantle the political group by trying to make its members appear to be racist, homophobic and moronic. Jason Levin, creator of Crash The Tea Party!, said Monday the group has 65 leaders in major cities across the country who are trying to recruit members to infiltrate tea party events for April 15—tax filing day, when tea party groups across the country are planning to gather and protest high taxes.

"Every time we have someone on camera saying that Barack Obama isn't an American citizen, we want someone sitting next to him saying, 'That's right, he's an alien from outer space!'" Levin said.

Tea party members said the backlash comes from ignorance.

"They can't actually debate our message and that's their problem," said Bob MacGuffie, a Connecticut organizer for Right Principles, a tea party group that also has members in New York and New Jersey.

The tea party movement generally unites on the fiscally conservative principles of small government, lower taxes and less spending. Beyond that the ideology of the people involved tends to vary dramatically.

Levin says they want to exaggerate the group's least appealing qualities, further distance the tea party from mainstream America and damage the public's opinion of them.

"Do I think every member of the tea party is a homophobe, racist or a moron? No, absolutely not," Levin said. "Do I think most of them are homophobes, racists or morons? Absolutely."

The site manifesto says they want to dismantle the Tea Party by nonviolent means. "We have already sat quietly in their meetings, and observed their rallies," the site said.

Another tea party organizer said the attempt to destroy the movement was evidence its message is resonating. "We've been ignored, we've been ridiculed. Well, now they're coming after us," said Judy Pepenella, a co-coordinator for the New York State Tea Party. "Gandhi's quote is one we understand: 'First they ignore you, then they ridicule you, then they fight you, then you win.'"

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest 6.8 AR

That's what liberals do when they have run out of real ideas. They get desperate

and do dumb things others wouldn't. Akin to character. They did the same type of thing when some liberal activist in Colorado shot out that democrat HQ window, trying to make it look like a republican did it. "If you don't like our ideas, you must be a racist" is their motto, now.

The Tea Party has stopped them before and will keep on, just fine.

That's what liberals do when they have run out of real ideas. They get desperate

and do dumb things others wouldn't. Akin to character. They did the same type of thing when some liberal activist in Colorado shot out that democrat HQ window, trying to make it look like a republican did it. "If you don't like our ideas, you must be a racist" is their motto, now.

The Tea Party has stopped them before and will keep on, just fine.

That's what a$$holes do. Liberal or conservative has nothing to do with it. I have people that I respect all across the spectrum.

Guest HvyMtl

Character assassination? Hmm. Ask Kerry about it, with the so-called Swift Boat Veterans.

Point is BOTH SIDES do it.

The Tea Party is not a real threat, yet, to the Democrats. IMHO, they are a threat to the Republicans.

If Tea Party runs candidates, it will pull votes away from the GOP, not the Dems. The Dems have got to love the idea of a "core conservative" group separating themselves from the GOP. The Dems have got to love the money going into the Tea Party coffers, instead of into the GOP.

The Tea Party, if it abandons the GOP, will allow for the Dems to have better chances to win...

Edited by HvyMtl
Guest 6.8 AR
That's what a$$holes do. Liberal or conservative has nothing to do with it. I have people that I respect all across the spectrum.

As do I, mikegideon. The liberals are the ones saying conservatives "must be racists" every time if one doesn't agree with what another says. That is about as plain as it can be with all the stunts being pulled, lately.

Pelosi paraded the liberal delegation through the Tea Party crowd on the steps of the Capitol Building right after the vote trying to get something stirred up.

Nothing happened that they could call racist and, the next thing reported was about the "racist crowd" and spitting and using the "N"word. All of that for nothing when they usually leave the Capitol Building by the underground

corridors.

I respect a few liberals, but not those that are going against the

will of their constituents and the country, as a whole. I respect any politician who is honest about their convictions and respect the Constitution. There are very few who do that, in both parties. I through that in there because you must think I truly hate just liberals. There are conservatives that need to go, but a lot more liberals need to go first.

Guest 6.8 AR
Character assassination? Hmm. Ask Kerry about it, with the so-called Swift Boat Veterans.

Point is BOTH SIDES do it.

The Tea Party is not a real threat, yet, to the Democrats. IMHO, they are a threat to the Republicans.

If Tea Party runs candidates, it will pull votes away from the GOP, not the Dems. The Dems have got to love the idea of a "core conservative" group separating themselves from the GOP. The Dems have got to love the money going into the Tea Party coffers, instead of into the GOP.

The Tea Party, if it abandons the GOP, will allow for the Dems to have better chances to win...

Oh? So the Republicans started that? I thought it was a few Vietnam Vets

that did. Maybe I'm wrong. Those Vets had an awful lot to say about his

military career, more than he did. And he hasn't been too military friendly

during his position as US Senator. If that was a Republican conspiracy, I stand corrected.

Yep. I said much the same, so far.

If the Tea Party is to change anything, they'll have to run their own candidates, or at least maybe support Libertarian Party ones.

Some folks here say that the Tea Party can "transform" the GOP.

Hah.

The GOP will only dilute and corrupt; it will not be fundamentally changed.

- OS

Guest 6.8 AR

Yes, all is fair in political speech, and both sides have done some less than desirable

things. I'm not aware of anything recently, and never anything by Tea Party members

getting racial or losing their composure, but it is obvious as can be that the liberals

have bent over backwards in their version of speech, their tactics and outright lies,

using the mainstream media as their sounding board.

I just don't see conservatives doing what the liberals have, lately. Maybe it's just not getting reported. Yeh, right. If a conservative does something with a just a hint of

impropriety, it's all over the news. The sky is falling. If a liberal does almost anything he or she wants, it's spun to oblivion about how it is okay. Yep, fair and balanced is found at very few places.

Some people think that the only way to say something is to spread it at both parties.

I choose to spread it to the ones I think are doing the most harm. You won't change my mind about that.

Guest 6.8 AR
Yep. I said much the same, so far.

If the Tea Party is to change anything, they'll have to run their own candidates, or at least maybe support Libertarian Party ones.

Some folks here say that the Tea Party can "transform" the GOP.

Hah.

The GOP will only dilute and corrupt; it will not be fundamentally changed.

- OS

You may be right, OS. I'm willing to give it a chance, though. There's not enough time to build a third party with enough teeth in it to change things fast enough.

It did happen at the beginning of this country's history. Of course everything was much smaller then. The Tea Party is putting pressure on the Republicans and that is a good thing. The Democratic Party is beyond hope. Maybe the Republicans are, too, but this isn't time to give up. If their existence is threatened they can be changed. People are being encouraged to give to conservative organizations, not the GOP, by some heavy hitters on the conservative side. That's heading in the right direction.

As do I, mikegideon. The liberals are the ones saying conservatives "must be racists" every time if one doesn't agree with what another says. That is about as plain as it can be with all the stunts being pulled, lately.

Pelosi paraded the liberal delegation through the Tea Party crowd on the steps of the Capitol Building right after the vote trying to get something stirred up.

Nothing happened that they could call racist and, the next thing reported was about the "racist crowd" and spitting and using the "N"word. All of that for nothing when they usually leave the Capitol Building by the underground

corridors.

I respect a few liberals, but not those that are going against the

will of their constituents and the country, as a whole. I respect any politician who is honest about their convictions and respect the Constitution. There are very few who do that, in both parties. I through that in there because you must think I truly hate just liberals. There are conservatives that need to go, but a lot more liberals need to go first.

There are nasty tricks on both sides, and I don't like any of it. We can't seem to get the real issues in front of the average american for all the BS. Liberals and conservatives ain't the problem... Republicans and Democrats are.

I think you hate what the government is doing right now. I respect that.

Edited by mikegideon
typo
You may be right, OS. I'm willing to give it a chance, though. There's not enough time to build a third party with enough teeth in it to change things fast enough.

It did happen at the beginning of this country's history. Of course everything was much smaller then. The Tea Party is putting pressure on the Republicans and that is a good thing. The Democratic Party is beyond hope. Maybe the Republicans are, too, but this isn't time to give up. If their existence is threatened they can be changed. People are being encouraged to give to conservative organizations, not the GOP, by some heavy hitters on the conservative side. That's heading in the right direction.

A third party can't win elections consistently. If they run their own candidates, they will take away from the conservative party. I think the Republicans realize that.

Guest 6.8 AR

A third party, to be successful, has to replace one of the two, ideologically, for the people to rally around it and for it to succeed. The Tea Party has mostly conservative

thinking people from both parties belonging to it. The 'Rockefeller Republicans' are in the minority as far as the Republicans go, but they still have too much influence. The 'Goldwater Republicans' are gaining more prominence, once again, and it is being pushed by the Tea Party movement. There has been a shift in the attitude of many

Republicans to make the party more conservative. Also there are quite a number of the 'Libertarians' attaching themselves with that idea in mind. I am a libertarian Republican,

just so you know.

The liberals have for years misrepresented their constituents, once they won them over, by all the promises made. 'Liberal used to have a good connotation, but the meaning has been replaced by progressive(communist) attitudes. Break the Democratic Party away from that and you might see a resurgence in their party, but all you can expect from them in the meantime is more altruistic sounding laws, which end up in an erosion of our rights.

You're right, mikegideon. I am sick and tired of what the government is doing right now, and yes I respect a few Democrats, but the list is getting shorter by the minute,

because it is too easy to show the ones who have done the damage.

I'll be glad to vote for Alexander's and Corker's replacement, if they are challenged next time, but I won't be voting for any Al Gore type of Democrat.

I love my country and I hate what's being done to it!

Edited by 6.8 AR
add
I am a libertarian Republican,

just so you know.

You're right, mikegideon. I am sick and tired of what the government is doing right now, and yes I respect a few Democrats, but the list is getting shorter by the minute,

because it is too easy to show the ones who have done the damage.

I had the libertarian republican thing figured out :devil:. It may surprise you to know that I am pretty conservative at heart, but not to the point that I hate Social Security and Medicare. My parents worked hard their whole lives, raised their kids... did everything right. They would be in deep yogurt without it right now.

There is a long list of reasons why the Dems won everything in 2008. You gotta know that a lot of people that supported that KNEW what kind of damage the Democrats could do when they got in power. They did it anyway because the Republican party LOST them. You and I got screwed unmercifully in the years leading up to 2008, and it was facilitated by our government.

All this reminds me of the George Bush billboard that says "Miss me yet?". My answer... yep, sometimes I do.

Guest 6.8 AR

My parents got their SS and Medicare, too. It helped. It won't be around very much longer, though. I agree with you about why they won, also, even if it was for the wrong reasons. Sometimes people don't think of the other consequences, because the freshest memory is what makes them tick.

I just want the Republican Party fixed because the majority in power at the moment is killing us. It will be alright in the end. It's the means that worry me. Their means and our means will clash, violently. We don't want that.

My parents got their SS and Medicare, too. It helped. It won't be around very much longer, though. I agree with you about why they won, also, even if it was for the wrong reasons. Sometimes people don't think of the other consequences, because the freshest memory is what makes them tick.

I just want the Republican Party fixed because the majority in power at the moment is killing us. It will be alright in the end. It's the means that worry me. Their means and our means will clash, violently. We don't want that.

Bingo! Unfortunately, they've made the root word "progress" synonymous with all that is bad. I was hoping the 2008 trouncing would be a wakeup call, but it ain't looking good. If they regain some power, it will be because of a "lesser evil" mentality.

Guest FroggyOne2

I want to say.. that of the ppl that communicate on here.. I have come to respect the words of 6.8AR and Mike Gideon. Kudos to you both my friends.

Guest 6.8 AR
repubs are just as bad as the democrats. I would prefer they all find another line of work.

Are these infiltrators the "Coffee party" I have been hearing about?

Teapartycrashers.org or something like that. They have a forum also, if you want a little robust obscenity. Classy bunch:screwy:

I've heard of the Coffee Party, too, but I don't think they are quite as radical,

yet.