New Glock under 400$

JeffsSig

• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

.45GAP is a cool round with it's punch in the "normal" thinner frame size, but it's not really as easy to find as the usual suspects like .45acp, .40, and 9mm which is what has kept me away even though several respected agencies are using it.

Also, people forget that a full-size Glock is smaller, lighter and easier to carry than either a Sig compact or a commander-sized 1911... so it's only BIG depending on what you're comparing it to.

if you're willing to drop $35 to join GSSF than you can get just about ANY Glock for under $400.

Guest 70below

Supposedly, 45GAP is actually on the rise with different agencies. At the recent Glock Armorers course the instructor said its far more common than most people realize with LE and a few agencies in Florida are switching to it even now.

Supposedly, 45GAP is actually on the rise with different agencies. At the recent Glock Armorers course the instructor said its far more common than most people realize with LE and a few agencies in Florida are switching to it even now.

I wonder if that was the same guy who hinted that Glock was going to have a AR type rifle at SHOT this year?

Guest 10mm4me

I love Glock, but they can keep that .45 GAP stuff. Was there ever a more pointless round. Want .45 power but not the size, get a .40, don't like recoil? get a 9mm, want more power get a 10mm. Springfield quit making the XD in .45 GAP which I believe is indicative of it's future. If it provided some advantage over what's already out, I would be more supportive, but it doesn't, so I'm not.

I love Glock, but they can keep that .45 GAP stuff. Was there ever a more pointless round. Want .45 power but not the size, get a .40, don't like recoil? get a 9mm, want more power get a 10mm. Springfield quit making the XD in .45 GAP which I believe is indicative of it's future. If it provided some advantage over what's already out, I would be more supportive, but it doesn't, so I'm not.

I'm not a .45GAP fan by any means, but having shot one once before, I can't agree with that.

IMO the thing is no one ever asked for a .40s&w cartridge, they liked the 10mm, considering your handle (10mm4me), I probably don't have to go into it... it seemed to have more "stopping power" than the 9mm at the time, but let's just say the .40 in some people's opinions is really an answer without a question and wasn't quite everything they hoped, while at the same time genius on S&W's part IMO.

What LEO's were really asking for was a low-maintenance ultra-reliable hi-cap .45ACP that would still fit the hands of all of their officers... and nobody could do it, so .40s&w it was...

That's until Glock showed up WAY late to the party with the .45GAP and G37. It's not popular, but it delivers the goods, it's just like any big ol' .45ACP with it's softer, more-manageable "push-back" recoil and wonderful punch, just shorter and dressed as a G17.

That's why some pretty heavy agencies are going to it, that said, doubt there's even a box down at your local wally-mart , if they even stock it, which is a problem for the rest of us.

I'm not a .45GAP fan by any means, but having shot one once before, I can't agree with that.

IMO the thing is no one ever asked for a .40s&w cartridge, they liked the 10mm, considering your handle (10mm4me), I probably don't have to go into it... it seemed to have more "stopping power" than the 9mm at the time, but let's just say the .40 in some people's opinions is really an answer without a question and wasn't quite everything they hoped, while at the same time genius on S&W's part IMO.

What LEO's were really asking for was a low-maintenance ultra-reliable hi-cap .45ACP that would still fit the hands of all of their officers... and nobody could do it, so .40s&w it was...

That's until Glock showed up WAY late to the party with the .45GAP and G37. It's not popular, but it delivers the goods, it's just like any big ol' .45ACP with it's softer, more-manageable "push-back" recoil and wonderful punch, just shorter and dressed as a G17.

That's why some pretty heavy agencies are going to it, that said, doubt there's even a box down at your local wally-mart , if they even stock it, which is a problem for the rest of us.

.45GAP is a cool round with it's punch in the "normal" thinner frame size, but it's not really as easy to find as the usual suspects like .45acp, .40, and 9mm which is what has kept me away even though several respected agencies are using it.

Also, people forget that a full-size Glock is smaller, lighter and easier to carry than either a Sig compact or a commander-sized 1911... so it's only BIG depending on what you're comparing it to.

if you're willing to drop $35 to join GSSF than you can get just about ANY Glock for under $400.

Is this true? Please give me details I want another G-17

Edited by willis68

Does anyone know if there is a GSSF discount honoring dealer close to Nashville? if not can they be purchased directly through Glock? and I am wanting an OD 3rd Gen 17 with Night sights would this pistol be eligible for the discount, I just sent the paperwork off for my membership

Willis, I've never got one around here so don't know where to point you, but that said, consider the fact that an FFL transfer fee might be less than TN's wonderful sales tax on the deal... OMB Express and Ed's Public Safety will do GSSF guns via shipping I believe...

Willis, I've never got one around here so don't know where to point you, but that said, consider the fact that an FFL transfer fee might be less than TN's wonderful sales tax on the deal... OMB Express and Ed's Public Safety will do GSSF guns via shipping I believe...

Thanks for the info

Does anyone know if there is a GSSF discount honoring dealer close to Nashville? if not can they be purchased directly through Glock? and I am wanting an OD 3rd Gen 17 with Night sights would this pistol be eligible for the discount, I just sent the paperwork off for my membership

I don't think you can get the OD guns with factory night sites. I tried to do that when I ordered my OD G26. I really wanted OD, so I just had some Mepros put on after the fact.

I don't think you can get the OD guns with factory night sites. I tried to do that when I ordered my OD G26. I really wanted OD, so I just had some Mepros put on after the fact.

I've got a OD G17 that came with factory Mepro's, they're out there, the OD's are just less commonplace in general is all.

I've got a OD G17 that came with factory Mepro's, they're out there, the OD's are just less commonplace in general is all.

Did you get that with the GSSF discount as well?

That GSSF is one hell of a deal not only do you get a great discount but 3 mags are included with the pistol I wish I would have signed up much sooner