Boar/wild Hog hunting in TN.

Guest Keinengel

Guest Keinengel

Hehe, from your experiences, where is the best area in Tenn to go hog hunting? The same ol' Deer and Turkey families are getting old.

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

East. Waaaay East. I got onto a friend's permission near Townsend & hunted there a couple of weekends ago. Lots & lots of hog sign up in the mountains, but I'm told you've got to know someone that owns land to have even a remote chance of hunting over there.

Buy a 'bama/Georgia license & go nuts! It's probably cheaper & easier!

There used to be some hogs in middle TN but "WD40" killed them all. :lol:

Georgia licenses for deer aren't cheap, not sure the regs on hogs, so they might have a cheaper option.

Florida and Texas have sensible approaches to hog hunting. They allow you to feed year round, hunt over that food and kill as many as you can any time of the year.

Tennessee wants to control hog populations, but doesn't want to let people bait or hunt year round. I don't understand how they can call an animal "feral" and a nuisance, but then keep regular hunting restraints on them. I guess Florida spoiled me.

Tennessee wants to control hog populations, but doesn't want to let people bait or hunt year round. I don't understand how they can call an animal "feral" and a nuisance, but then keep regular hunting restraints on them. I guess Florida spoiled me.

Also doesn't make much sense to me that someone in TN who only wanted to hunt hogs - when the TWRA claims to want hunters to kill as many of them as possible - would have to buy the same licenses that are required to hunt managed game such as deer, etc. It's like they are saying, "We really want and need your help to control hog populations and we're going to let you pay for the priveledge of helping out."

Whiskey...I think there is a few left. Need you to get your bow up and running and get out there with us. I'm going to make a trip out East soon. Want to get me a big'un! I have some pictures on my website of the boar being mounted. I'm in for a trip if someone wants a responsible hunting partner!

Yeah TWRA has a wierd idea abou controlling nonnative species. I called once and talked to a guy at TWRA and asked why they had a controlled season on a species that can be a pest? He didn't really have a answer. He kinda talked around the whole thing. Must be a politician.

• 2 weeks later...

Well, to address two questions

1. There is both public and private land in both areas. The Catoosa wildlife refuge is available for draw hunts, which is unlimited hog. Not sure about other times up there. Tellico plains also has quite a bit of land in the Cherokee National Forest, but also some land to hunt. I have quite a bit of family in the Tellico Plains area, so I hunt private land.

2. Both.

Cool link to a nice hunting lodge in Crossville: Caryonah, Tennessee Hunting Lodge, Red Stag, Rams, Exotic Deer, Wild Hog Hunts

and Tellico Plains: Appalachia Adventures / Cherokee Guide Service - Hunt the Wild Side of the South !!

If the moderator will allow this......I want to visit Welcome to Tennesse Extreme: www.tnboar.com It's near Lynchburg. The last hog I got, I decided to do a full body mount on. I have the mounting chronicled on my website. I'm really wanting one in the 300-350 lb class to put on the wall. Maybe we can all go for a camping trip or a lodge, and get us a trophy hog.

Moderator likes. :rolleyes: