Question for the LEO's

Guest Caveman

Are you asking why it has to be extendable, as in telescoping? It doesn't, a heavy jack handle would work too. Although, I will look a lot more tacticool whipping out my ASP than you will with your jack handle. :(

Pffft... speak for yourself!

851760483_M4FBG-L.jpg

• Replies 115
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Jamie

Screw the Asp and the jack handle.... if I've gotta carry an impact weapon, I want one'a these:

Mace.jpg

You think they'd certify me, if I showed up to a Asp/baton class with that? :(

J.

• Moderators
Screw the Asp and the jack handle.... if I've gotta carry an impact weapon, I want one'a these:

Mace.jpg

You think they'd certify me, if I showed up to a Asp/baton class with that? :lol:

J.

My sister is involved with the SCA and I bet I could get ahold of one of those for a baton class. Might be fun just to see their faces when I walk in with it.

Do they eject by their own spring or do you have to sling it a little?

Well....Sometimes you do have to sling it a little, but mostly ejects by it's own spring. :lol:

Now back to our regularly scheduled ASP discussion.:bat:

My training certificate has an expiration date on it. I took the class from Mike at Austin's TN Firearms. Its time to renew it. I know Punisher is saying you don't have to renew, but I'm wondering what an LEO would think if they saw that the issued certificate has an expiration date on it would do once I was pulled over after that date? I'm going to talk to Mike about it and let you know.

There shouldn't be an expiration date on it. There is nothing that says you have to renew it from the state. If they are having you go through training again to renew it they are screwing you out of money. I have a TN state issued card for spray and impact weapon for work there is NO expiration date on it. So one would wonder if the state of TN does not require you to do recurrent training, why would you need to as an average joe?

Guest Caveman
Just get the impact weapon/baton certification and be done with it. It is a lot cheaper than bail and court costs.

That would be great, where is a class? Easier said (or typed) than done. I have called KPD, KCSO and several baton Instructors here in Knoxville and have yet to find an available class. If you know of one I would appreciate the info.

Guest SUNTZU
There shouldn't be an expiration date on it. There is nothing that says you have to renew it from the state. If they are having you go through training again to renew it they are screwing you out of money. I have a TN state issued card for spray and impact weapon for work there is NO expiration date on it. So one would wonder if the state of TN does not require you to do recurrent training, why would you need to as an average joe?

Well, I guess I'll see what Phantom6 at Austin's TN Firearms has to say since that is where I took my class. He's a vendor here on TGO (for the new people).

I think I'd just look for an instructor that would issue some sort of "certificate for training" without an expiration date. It's looking to me like there are some instructors out there that are just trying to rip folks off. I could be wrong, but I've seen nothing in the TCA about having to renew it. As LEOs, we never have to recertify, the security officers with training for impact weapons never have to recertify. Why would anyone else?

My certificate (Issued a LONG time ago) doesn't have any expiration date on it.

I think the only reason one would is to try and make more money.

I mean you don't even have to renew your safety class (training) for your HCP.

Guest BEARMAN
Well....Sometimes you do have to sling it a little, but mostly ejects by it's own spring. :D

Now back to our regularly scheduled ASP discussion.:D

Now that's funny stuff...I don't care who ya are! :stir:

Nicely played.