My SX-AR .308 finally ready and below budget...

So after all the pondering...the wallet won the battle....and I saved where i thought I could(time will tell if I went too cheap in some areas). The goal is to shoot MOA at eventually 500yds on a semi-auto for under $2,000.

SX-AR 20" Heavy Barrel .308 (NIB) Sportsmans Warehouse $849.99 + tax

SWFA SS 10x Scope $249.00 Demo Model from SWFA (included Butler Creek flip caps at no charge)

TPS TSR Alloy Steel Rings $79.00 shipped from SWFA

Shooters Ridge 6-9" non-swivel bipod $29.00 CDNN special (swear it looks identical to the Harris...)

so for ~$1200.00 we will see if I have a 1 MOA Semi-Auto .308 or a camo'd paperweight...range test will have to wait for ORSA...pics tonite (i know i know)

:lol:

DSC01687.jpg

Edited by Magiccarpetrides
pic
  • Replies 20
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest 70below
Kong-I appreciate the invite but I gotta work Monday til 7pm. Im always off on Wednesdays and Sundays though.

Wareagle-will definitely give ya a heads up

The camo and black is a different mix...I still wouldnt say it looks good, but hopefully it will function much better lol.

Nothin a can of flat black couldn't fix :D

Sending you a PM on ammo.....

Guest oldsmobile98

Nice rifle!! That operating system has a reputation for great accuracy. We look forward to seeing you upload images of your targets with one ragged hole.

Nice rifle!! That operating system has a reputation for great accuracy. We look forward to seeing you upload images of your targets with one ragged hole.

AGREED!! Where's that ragged hole pic and a range report?? :D

That little rain didn't slow ya' down did it?

Guest Bluemax

Magic, If that puppy shoots as good as it looks, you have a winner. Good luck at the range, let us know how she shoots, for that kind of money I would love to have one just like it

hahaha....i had some sighting in "issues" lol. The rain was a bear.....i just got in my shipment of plastic(yeah really) ammo to finish sighting it in and then I will be ready to try my hand at actual target shooting...then again I might just turn Froggy loose on it so you guys can get a good picture lol.

So you odered the Ammo we talked about? Let us know how it worked. I'm still intrested if getting some.

its some odd looking stuff....if you have an HK91 or clone they have a kit where it will actually cycle for like $180(maybe less)...doubtful it will cycle my semi but im fine with single shot at $.20 per round :P Its so light it feels like its probably only primer propelled...havent taken a round apart yet. Dan's Ammo did confirm it is NON-corrosive.