Hello from a Newbie to the site AND to TN!

Guest Razor

• Replies 27
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Hyaloid

I am in the Tricities also...

Second the Byrd's, and the stay away from Crowder's remarks... that place is full of crooks.

Widener's is also near Crowders, but I've never really dealt with them too much.

Guest salb3039

Speaking of Crowder's, against my better judgement (Byrds was already closed), I went in there today looking for a little pocket holster for my Kel-Tec p11. I looked around on their wall of holsters. A guy asked if I needed help. I told him what I was looking for...He looked at one small section and then just walked off.

Widener's is the best place to buy ammo. They dont have many guns though. 9mm is cheaper there than at Wal-Mart. Also have really cheap .223 and 7.62 ammo.

Guest RN MEDIC

Friends, why does it seem that there are so many people in the retail gun business who are either arrogant, know it all's, corrupt, rude, or some combination of the above? There are very few dealers that I would buy from just for those reasons.

RN

Guest GlocKingTN
Friends, why does it seem that there are so many people in the retail gun business who are either arrogant, know it all's, corrupt, rude, or some combination of the above? There are very few dealers that I would buy from just for those reasons.

RN

I agree RN. Then again, I have met some that are the nicest people. And the ones that are a**holes, think their guns are some sort of gold.

Arrogant gun shops...hmmmm....the kind that you walk into and you are not open carrying you won't get respect, waited on, acknowledged for over 2 seconds and the next person that walks in is open and they fall all over each other to say something to them type places????? Never heard of them.:up:

Oh, and welcome, we're an up and coming fun bunch, enjoy your stay!

Razor, you're not alone! I get home about once every 6 or 7 months it seems lately. I've been to crowders..I spent about 20 minutes in there then talked to one of the guys working there..of course he said something condescending and rude..so I looked at him like he was an idiot..then walked out.

This sport is alot like scuba diving..which I do alot too..its full of arrogant macho wanna be heros..

those are the ones to ignore or stay away from as eventually, they'll hurt themselves or someone else..or else they'll just keep you from enjoying YOUR day!

• 3 weeks later...
Guest LiLBucket
Just (relatively) moved up here from Florida. I love it!

Any good shops around the TriCities area?

:rant:

Welcome Razor! I'm in the tricities area as well (Piney Flats), but moved here from Florida about 8 years ago. Daytona area. You?

Lanes in Elizabethton seems like good people. Not the best selection, but friendly for the most part. I usually go to Volunteer Gun Shop as it's on my way home from work. Anyway, welcome!

Guest LiLBucket
Hey, I used to live in Palatka, FL! :rant:

Small world! Our hunting grounds were in Bunnell. Do people still fish and hunt at the old cement factory in Palm Coast? I remember my dad taking me and my brothers out there and catching coolers full off specs. Creepy place!!

Where do you live now?

Guest Hyaloid

Never been much of a hunter, so I am not sure about the cement factory. I tell folks Palatka is an old Indian word for "trailer park". :rant:

I'm out in Jonesborough now.

Guest Razor

I pretty much grew up in the Jacksonville area, but spent a few years in the Panhandle too.

I've checked out Lanes, and they are very friendly and helpful. I think I'll be giving them some business whenever I get my Tax refund.

Razor, its a small world, I was born in folkston, Ga, just north of Hilliard/callahan..I actually lived in jacksonville for awhile as a youngster...

I now live in Kingsport/churchhill..not too far from you guys.

right now though, I'm in Wyoming...working. *sigh* if I was smarter, I'd be able to get a good job round the homestead.