Best site to order CR123 batteries

I need to re-stock. Down to my last 2 not in use. I bought a sleeve of these from CTD about a year and a half or two years ago and been using them ever since.

Where's everyone getting theirs that aren't over a dollar a piece? Can't believe how much they have gone up.

Edited by Rightwinger
  • Replies 21
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

21 bucks for 12 batteries from Surefire.

15 bucks for 6 from CTD

1.50 from here CR-123A Lithium Batteries

I did find these guys, Buy CR123A Non-Rechargeable Lithium Battery, 3.0V, 1300mAh | Ryder CR123A

.92 cents a piece and probably half the life of Surefire or Energizers but I may go ahead and make a test purchase of a dozen to see.

Anyone else know of a sweet spot?

Guest 70below

I get Tenergy batteries. I just finished using a bunch up that I bought 8 years ago. They're the company that makes Duracell CR123's and I believe most of the other major name brands. I've never had an issue out of them and the life is long.

I ordered them for .92 from Batterymart.com if I remember correctly.

After trying a bunch of crappy 123's, a lot of guys on the department I work for have been buying these:

CR123A Batteries CR123 Batteries CR123A Battery CR123 Battery

They seem to like them. They say they last a little bit longer than surefire batteries. I haven't used any, but they do offer discounts for LE / Military.

Also, if you are a member of candlepowerforums.com, you can order them at a discount form this page:

CPF and KF Members Only Specials Page

I wouldn't waste my time trying a bunch of crappy CR123 batteries. There are a lot of them out there that are pure junk. I've had some bad experiences with crappy "blank label" batteries.

Dang, same price and 2.99 shipping! I just threw down 15.03 at CR123.com so I lost a dollar. Bookmarked though, as soon as I run a test on these I'll order a batch from them. Thanks 70below.

I see your links now to kb4ns, bookmarking them as well.

Bought gas, water and batteries today.

What's my muse telling me?

Most definitely. I don't want to spend a fortune on them but got great performance out of the sleeve of Energizer's I got a while back. If these only last a few weeks then I'll switch quickly. .92 cents for a weeks use isn't what I'm seeking.

Oh, and give us some feedback on those $0.92 batteries! I go through quite a few CR123's and saving money is my kinda thing.
Guest 70below

Those Tenergy batteries work great. I don't have any specific info, other than I can't tell the difference between them and the other major brands in my Surefire G2.

I see your links now to kb4ns, bookmarking them as well.

You know you could've just asked me, right? :P I just finished off a box of 50 Panasonics I bought from OpticsPlanet, they were decent. Seems like they had a slightly shorter life than my SureFire brand batteries, but otherwise were fine.

I think these are almost impossible to beat

http://store.peakbattery.com/lfp123a-32-volt-600-mahr-lithium.html

I have been using them in led surefires for roughly 2 years now – voltage is slightly higher so I don’t know if they will work with streamlight & they definitely wont work with bulbs as the higher voltage will kill the filament quickly & yeah they’re only rated at 600mah but rechargeable. As far as I know this is the only rechargeable lithium with this particular chemistry.

The TLR-1 is a LED but the Nightfightter has a bulb. I looked at buying rechargeables and a charger but saw they had issues with freshly charged batteries pushing the milliamps.

There was also an issue of using them in series and both lights use two batts per, so, standard 123s for now.

I will say this, I ordered last night and they shipped from Indianapolis today. I should have them by Friday at the latest. Depends on if they hit the terminal tonight by loading time.

I'll have a report on them by this weekend. If it weren't going to rain again I would be asking Tempest if we could do an overnight out on his ranch to wear some of these out, as well as lose some barrel life on an AR or Mosin.

sure wish my .22 conversion kit would show its face.

Batteries arrived quick. They did the new UPS to local post office thing so it went one day longer than I though when I saw they shipped from Indianapolis.

Batteries are easy to see as they are bright yellow!

First set is in the Nightfighter (incandescent bulb) and we will see how long they go. I'm not going to do anything different. I would say I use the light 2 or 3 times a week and a bunch when I go to the cabin. It's Sunday, May 9. Clock is ticking.

Used it some last night just watching the dog run in the back yard after dark. Very bright. Of course the energizers I had in the light have been there since deer season last fall.

Off to a good start though. If these make a good "hours" count, they are definitely something to go with.