Best 9MM SemiAuto 300-400 bucks ?

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest 1817ak47

bersa 9. got one new for 370 OTD at a local show. it was the High Cap model with 17 rnd mags. very nice features. has external hammer and mech safety which are 2 great features I wish my xd had. it also has a chamber loaded indicator that one can tell if chamber only by feel. we show 150-200 trouble free rounds without and failures of any kinda. when acting as SA it has a soft trigge which I really like. the fraime in the hanld is metal(aluminum I think) front sight is metal rear isn't but could easily be changed out. the levers for both the safety and slide lock are on both the left and right side. has a white dot front sight and white "U" on the rear sight. hasa front rail for light or laser etc.

I have it narrowed down...Bersa is a no go, the UC9mm,must be a strong seller.....I can't find one anywhere

but it was top 3 in my list...

I love the P95,but its too large for the wifes hand,308.00 at the local store,nice value shooter!

I really am digging the SR9c for around 400 bucks

USA made and has all the features of the 550-600 guns from what I can

see.....

I like the SR9c package. Comes with the full 17 round magazine with the grip extender or the flush mount 13 rounder with a pinky extender. Only thing I don't like about Ruger is they no longer offer a lifetime warranty on their guns. If you buy a Ruger from someone that ordered it from Davidson's wholesaler you can get the warranty through them.

Guest KarlS
I have it narrowed down...Bersa is a no go, the UC9mm,must be a strong seller.....I can't find one anywhere

but it was top 3 in my list...

I love the P95,but its too large for the wifes hand,308.00 at the local store,nice value shooter!

I really am digging the SR9c for around 400 bucks

USA made and has all the features of the 550-600 guns from what I can

see.....

Good choice. :popcorn:

Guest peacexxl

Taurus 24/7 pro 9mm. The one I own is stainless steel, in compact. It came with a 13rd compact mag as well as a 17 rd extended mag. No issues with it in almost 2 years and shoots great.

Taurus pt709 Slim. Bought it as a carry gun for my wife. Single stack 8rd mag. Mine is finicky about WWB ammo but eats everything else fine. Fully adjustable rear sight. Extremely small and light but with very little felt recoil, I could shoot it all day.

My 24/7 pro c 9mm ss was $360 out the door a little less than 2 yrs ago, not sure now.

PT709 Slim was $394 out the door last fall.

These are brand new guns with Taurus' lifetime of the gun warranty.

I am not a glock fan myself, nothing wrong with them, just not the right feel for me so i know what you're saying there. I'd say atleast go to the range and give a Taurus a try for yourself, because plenty of people will be trying to convince you that they are a waste of time and money even if they don't have experience with them.

Only thing I don't like about Ruger is they no longer offer a lifetime warranty on their guns.

Funny Factoid....Ruger has never, in the history of the company, offered any warranty on any product they have ever sold. They have even gone so far and stated it on every manual they provide with their guns. Don't believe me? Look on your Ruger manual.

They have a "get it done" on a case by case basis philosiphy.

Funny Factoid....Ruger has never, in the history of the company, offered any warranty on any product they have ever sold. They have even gone so far and stated it on every manual they provide with their guns. Don't believe me? Look on your Ruger manual.

They have a "get it done" on a case by case basis philosiphy.

Arrg thats not great to hear.........I just ordered an SR9c

Make sure to take out a second mortgage first. You are going to need it to buy that sig.

Brother, if you have to take out a second mortgage for $430.00, than you cannot afford to buy bullets, that is what I paid for my Son's 9 mill p226

Edited by willis68

I would rather have 1 used SIG than 2 new Bersas. Used, quality guns don't cost a heck of a lot different than new, lower quality guns. Considering that a good gun, if taken care of, will last several lifetimes, what's the downside?

My used SIG 239 cost me $400. It was a bargain!

By the way, I've owned a Bersa. I don't sell many guns, but I sold that one.

Brother, if you have to take out a second mortgage for $430.00, than you cannot afford to buy bullets, that is what I paid for my Son's 9 mill p226

I never see deals like that. I know that they are out there but I just never see them when I have the cash. I like Sig well enough but have never been a fan of the price tag. I'll take a ruger instead and have no problem saying so. Bersa, I have no experience with so I probably wouldn't.

I say sig P6, good guns, and 300-400 range isn't too hard to accomplish.

I bought my P6 for $350, 30 years old and a perfect shooter. My P229 Swiss police trade in 20 years old and my EDC, 3000 flawless rounds and paid $429.00, you cant go wrong with a used or pre owned SIG!!! COOP

Make sure to take out a second mortgage first. You are going to need it to buy that sig.

CPO SIG pistols are actually very affordable.

A P228 would be a good bet, can be found in the $400s. Or a P225 in the $300s...

Either will shoot circles around anything else in the price range, last forever, and be a reasonable size to carry...