Walmart RWS?

Anyone every tried this stuff? It is actually cheaper than the 50rd boxes of WWB. The 100rd boxes of WWB is stil abit cheaper(than 2 50rds of the RWS), but my walmart doesn't always have those. The 50rd boxes of WWB is like 13.47(or so) and these RWS boxes are like 12 something. Anyways, Just curious how they shoot as an alternative to WWB or Federal(when they don't have either of these)?

• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest AlzRuger

From the prices, I guess you are referring to 9mm. I have used both and never had

a problem..I have 2 Ruger P89, 1 Ruger P95, and 1 CZ 2075 RAMI all 9mm and they go bang every time with both. My daughter uses both in her SW 9mm. Hope this helps.

Ya I hear good things about it, and it's 124 grain which is something to consider too. I still prefer the $9.50 federal

Yeah, I had been buying the WWB, but from now on I am sticking with the Federal(which is 9.97 at my walmart), but they don't always have it...so just considering the RWS if thats the last thing on the shelf.

Thanks guys! :screwy:

I've shot 6 boxes (300rds), it's cheap target fmj that's about the same as WWB except it's 124gr instead of 115, so it "feels" maybe a bit better to me maybe ... IMO the 9.97 federal stuff still seems the best choice from wallymart and saves you a couple bucks per box, I buy in order of cheapest to less cheapest depending on what they've got regardless, but the federal champion stuff seems the best produced and doesn't turn your fingers yellow.

Guest Bronker

I've shot 400+ rds through a CZ-75 Phantom, and a Kahr PM9.

My wife took Todd@CIS's pistol class with 250 more.

No problems at all. Always available. It used to be $16.87 per 50, but now is $12.47 (after about 2,500 rds sat for a while).

Put 50 through my Glock 19 the other evening...again...not a single problem.

I buy it quite often.

When they first started stocking the RWS it was 16 bucks and change per box at the local Wallys. I noticed that it came down to 12 something in the last week or two. My 'onhand' supply is mostly Blazer Brass but I don't think WM is stocking that, anymore. The Federal is about the same price (and is the same ammo in a different box, from what I hear) but the WMs I go to never seem to have any on the shelf. I hope the stock catches up, soon, because my onhand supply is dwindling.

I went to the new Academy in Hixson last Saturday and the Blazer Brass/Federal 9mm ammo at Wally is cheaper than the Monarch Brass stuff at Academy (which was $11 and change per box) and pretty much as cheap as the steel cased 9mm Monarch ammo (I avoid steel cased ammo in my Kel Tec P11.)

Edited by JAB
Guest yzfMrLee

I shot a box of the rws stuff in my G19 today using my super cheap KCI mags. It did fine for me. Went bang every time and made holes in paper. I'd buy it again.

Guest Bronker
I shot a box of the rws stuff in my G19 today using my super cheap KCI mags. It did fine for me. Went bang every time and made holes in paper. I'd buy it again.

What's with all the G19's lately? Dang. Did I miss some court-ordered mandate or sumpin'?

:D(I bought one last weekend):D

What's with all the G19's lately? Dang. Did I miss some court-ordered mandate or sumpin'?

:D(I bought one last weekend):D

Bronker, YOU issued the mandate, right after you took your first sip of the kool-aid. You don't recall? That Glock kool-aid is so sweet, it'll make you do things you don't remember! :)

Guest Bronker
Bronker, YOU issued the mandate, right after you took your first sip of the kool-aid. You don't recall? That Glock kool-aid is so sweet, it'll make you do things you don't remember! :D

Touche':D

Guest yzfMrLee
Bronker, YOU issued the mandate, right after you took your first sip of the kool-aid. You don't recall? That Glock kool-aid is so sweet, it'll make you do things you don't remember! :P

It IS some pretty good kool aid! Maybe not the best indicator of the ammo though. This thing'll eat anything. :clap:

Apparently every WM around has lowered the price on this fancy Swiss ammo...except Walker Springs. They still want $16.47 for it. :)

They're hoping JeffsSig swings by. They heard he'd pay $20 per box! :P

Guest Bronker
RWS :) Good stuff.

Id buy at 20$ a box.

Really? Can you meet me in like...two hours? How much you want?

Gotta run to Walmart first. :P

$12 a box of 50 in Dickson! WWB was $14