Memphis "Call To Arms" for May

Guest jackdm3

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Halfpint

Will do, bro . . . Kristin and I are both coming. :cool:

And Jack, I had to take the pic myself, the camera only has a 2-second timer.

Guest jackdm3

I have a true story about a Mosquito I'll tell you at the range. :(I don't think anybody wants to hear it here. Remind me then.

Guest Daelith

Definitely will not be able to make this get together. My mom is still in the hospital. Her surgery has been pushed back until Wednesday. I'm going to go spend some time with her Sunday.

100520a006.jpg

Oh, I know who you are now. I haven't been in Classic in a while. I'll introduce myself next time. If you have a reallllly good memory and remember a Bartlett cop in there about a year or so ago buying a stripped Spike's lower, twas I.

Guest Daelith
Daelith, my prayers go out to you and your mom, I hope things go well and she recovers quickly.

Thank you Halfpint!!

Guest Sgt. Joe

I hope you guys have a BLAST and I really hope you keep doing this so that maybe just maybe I will be able to make one:rolleyes:

I have other family stuff going on this weekend, nephews B-day and FIL coming to stay.........;).........:biglol:

Have a good time and keep on doing it....:biglol:

Guest jackdm3

Another good one. Halfpint's lady-girlfriend is the real deal, guys! She'll go head-to-head with ANY of you guys on cars, engines, jets, destroying zombie targets with her Kimber, napalm ... Dude lucked out BIG TIME with this one! Also, she was great for my wife to talk to. It was my wife's first time at this range and there were no other chickies. Kathy said they clicked.

Got to shoot Halfpint's silenced Sig Mosquito, further silenced by Aguila Super Colibres and his sweet Kimber, that looks almost flawless considering its usage.

Then Capbyrd's Luger copy Ruger .22, Springfield 1911, 10/22 (my first time with that sort of magazine) and a Hi-Point with guess what? Zero malfunctions!

Chucktshoes dropped in for a few with his wife before heading back home to sleep (damn nightshifts!). So we didn't get familiar with his toys.

We met MphsTiger1981 too late. Told me about his job not allowing arms, so we talked about the alternatives.

Saw a kid get happy with an AR that went so BOOM! that most times we had to just give up talking/yelling for awhile.

My EDC Beretta is doing fine since I re-installed the factory 20# hammer spring, but I'd still rather have that 1911 spring back in it. Went to Guns and Ammo yesterday to get a spring off the shelf, none to be found because THEY DON'T SELL SPRINGS!!! You have to let their gunsmith get them for you. RangeUSA didn't have a gunsmith. Well, not a malfunction, so happy nonetheless.

Was a lot hotter than last time, and that shortened the shooting a tad. Got outside to leave and could hardly touch the door handle. The car's thermostat said it was 100. Explained the range's cooling system working overtime.

I'm thinking next month's deal should be Sat 26th around 10. Unless y'all want the 19th. You let me know.

Edited by jackdm3

Good to meet you guys Jack, HalfPint and Capbyrd.

You guys are some serious gunners. Jack, your wife is like a female Jack Bauer! I would not want to be the guy who ever got her riled up. Didn't get to speak with HalfPint's lady friend, but from the sounds of it, I'd have been in way over my head talking about any sort of guy stuff. She did seem very nice.

It was fun meeting everyone and looking at the toys. The kid with the AR was killing me. Can only imagine the noise that would make inside of your house if someone broke in...

Seeing Capbyrd's High Point in action, I may have to go buy one just for shooting at the range.

Thanks again Jack for setting this up. Next time I'm sure there will be a lot more folks. Looking forward to it.

Tiger.

Guest TinkerBell

I wish Looney102 and I could have made it but our will is weak for the range right now and money is a little tight. We would have spent money we know we shouldnt have lol. Hopefully in the next month well both have new carry guns and well be able to make it to the range a little more often (I HOPE). Glad to see it was a nice turn out for those who went. Maybe we can make the next one if its towards the end of the month.

Had a great time. Sorry I ran out of the range but it was friggin hot in there. And being a rather "husky" fella, (haha) I tend to overheat. I've known Kristin (Halfpint's lady friend) for a long time and yes she can definitely hold her own with the guys. Great day of shooting for sure.

Guest jackdm3

We spent more time in the diner than shooting. I shot only half as much as last time, but probably had more fun. You just can't meet people at 100+ decibels.

Sat. 26th is about as end-of-the-month as we can get in this June. If I knew only two people would show up, I'd still be there!

Guest jackdm3

You and Kristen seemed like siblings. And when I asked about the flight of the Concorde, all 3 of you said "6 hours" at the same time. Amazing.

Guest TinkerBell

ya well we thought about just hanging out and visiting with everyone but we figure better not chance it this time lol.. but for sure i think well try to make the next one tho.. June 26th should b ok for now but well know more closer to time..

Guest uofmeet

Yeah, i wanted to make it out, but sunday turned out kinda crazy for me. I really want to go shooting agian. Maybe me and the misses may try and hit up date night friday night since we missed out this pass weekend.

Guest Halfpint

Had a great time, and Kristin is looking forward to going again as well. Great to meet ChuckTShoes and his wife, and I enjoyed shooting with Jack and Kathy, and Byrd. Got to diagnose a couple of problems with Kristin's Pro Carry, hopefully going to remedy those very shortly. Other than that, things went off without a hiccup and everybody got some good training in.

Looking forward to the July shoot, as I'll be in California learning how to do bad things to bad people in a mountain environment during the June event. (Yes, I'll take pics :eek: )