XDm in .45 ACP

Guest REDDOG79

• Replies 19
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest The Highlander

I handled one last weekend. It is the same as any other XDm, just a smidge larger. The guns look great, and I wanted one until I picked one up. They are HEAVY!

The media is falling all over these things, I guess because of all the pretty ads SA has bought in every gun rag. If you want a range gun, they are probably great. They feel good in the hand, and look great too. But if you want a working gun, they are quite heavy when compared with similar polymer weapons like the Ruger SR9 and Glocks of any model.

You can buy an SR9, two extra magazines, a Blackhawk! holster, and a Viridian laser for the same price as the XDm9 in its pretty box. Of course the XDm does come with a dinky (looks like Fobus) little holster and mag carrier. And you do give up two rounds of ammo.

The XDm's are nice guns, I just don't get all the "revolutionary" talk about the same gun that was selling for half the price when it was the HS2000 imported by a company in Knoxville. The only difference is the Springfield name, and many $$ of glossy ads.

The Highlander

Guest VolGrad
I handled one last weekend. It is the same as any other XDm, just a smidge larger. The guns look great, and I wanted one until I picked one up. They are HEAVY!

... just to be clear .... you handled the XDm in .45acp?

May I ask where? I am very interested in these once they hit the streets.

Could that article have sounded any more like it came fresh out of the Springfield marketing department? We all know that most articles in the gun rags are just adverts, but this one seemed more blatant than most.

About par for AR, seemed to me.

They simply wouldn't publish an actual diss.

'Course, it would really be stretching to diss any XD. Really.

- OS

They simply couldn't publish an actual diss.

Fixed that for ya. Just like any other gun rag with advertisers, you will not see their products critized.

But there is no reason to diss XDm's. They are the pinnacle of polymer handgun design. :cool:

Guest cheez
It was a glowing review....honestly I dont see much it has over the FNP45 however...that im slighly more attracted too.

One thing that the XDm will have over the FNP would be resale value. I love the FNP's but I also like to trade too. If you purchase an FNP new you will be very lucky if you can get 70% of original purchase price even if it was never fired. The XD's will hold 80% to 90% of their value even if fired a lot.

One thing that the XDm will have over the FNP would be resale value. I love the FNP's but I also like to trade too. If you purchase an FNP new you will be very lucky if you can get 70% of original purchase price even if it was never fired. The XD's will hold 80% to 90% of their value even if fired a lot.

well considering how much I trade thats pretty important...thanks for the heads up!:panic:

Guest smileyguy

I was hoping for an extra round or 2 of capacity. I think I'll keep my old XD 45 and use the money I save on other toys.

Guest atmiller

If you really need more than 13+1 rounds of .45ACP, buy a mag extension. Or a Tommy Gun.

The XDm ergonomics are the real advantage of this design, in my book.

I carried a 5" XD-45 for years. The weight of the gun was no issue with a proper belt and holster.

• 3 weeks later...
Guest smileyguy
If you really need more than 13+1 rounds of .45ACP, buy a mag extension. Or a Tommy Gun.

The XDm ergonomics are the real advantage of this design, in my book.

I carried a 5" XD-45 for years. The weight of the gun was no issue with a proper belt and holster.

IMHO, the more rounds the better. I'd rather have too many than not enough, and I'd love to have a tommy gun.:)

But seriously, I love my XD. I'm just cheap. For ME, the extra features aren't woth the $$$. Interchangable back straps, I like the original. Match grade barrel, mine shoots good enough for my purposes. An extra round or two, I'd be tempted to up grade.

Guest s10manual

I have been itching to get an XDm since I purchased my XD45, but I wanted to stick with having only one caliber. I handled a few XDm 9mm lately, and LOVED the ergonomics. I hope I can resist the .45!