Tennessee Senate Overrides Restaurant Carry Veto

• Replies 776
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest JC1848

I haven't read back though this thread since the senate overrode the veto. Has anyone had any communication with their reps?

Just talked with my Rep., they are not coming back tonight, on this issue anyway.

I think they figured out there are a bunch of us watching, so they have decided to leave the session in recess, and do their deals without us being able to see, he said they were haggling budget items.

Swears up and down they will override tomorrow, that it is a "done deal".

Guest HexHead
I just texted with one of the reps who is on our side and he said Todd will definitely submit the override tonight and it will be done tomorrow!

I thought the rules were suspended so they don't need the 24 hours, (which they obviously won't have).

So if these fl_lcks finally vote on this tomorrow, when will they present the signed "vote" to whoever they have to present it to for the law to go into effect? Will it go into effect tomorrow, Saturday, Monday, maybe sometime never?

Guest david_g17

I called my representative earlier today to voice my concerns. I just checked my answering machine. A staff member from Representative Haynes' (knoxville area) office said they will vote tomorrow (Friday).

If you want to voice your opinion to your state Representative, find his office phone number and/or email address here: http://www.capitol.tn.gov/legislators/

Guest 1911Dave

Well, my patience has officially expired, times up. I gave the politicians the benefit of the doubt and a reasonable amount of time to do the right thing and they missed the deadline. I’m sure they are all great Americans and have nothing but the best interests of their constituents and the citizens of Tennessee in mind. However, I can’t spend any more time waiting for them to give me permission, or complete a simple task. I must go on with my life. Too many of them live and operate in a world I don’t understand anymore, guided by principles and values that I can’t condone. They can keep whatever limited privileges they were thinking of granting me, and I’ll just stick with the inalienable rights that have served me and so many Americans well for over two centuries.

Regards and best wishes to all the good folks here at TGO. I’m going to dinner now.

Guest TNReb
Please tell me his vote won't be needed tomorrow!

(Mr. West)

According to my sources, we have 66 votes. I got a response to my email from Rep. West and he was for us, so that should be 65, which is more than enough.

Guest TNReb
Well, my patience has officially expired, times up. I gave the politicians the benefit of the doubt and a reasonable amount of time to do the right thing and they missed the deadline. I’m sure they are all great Americans and have nothing but the best interests of their constituents and the citizens of Tennessee in mind. However, I can’t spend any more time waiting for them to give me permission, or complete a simple task. I must go on with my life. Too many of them live and operate in a world I don’t understand anymore, guided by principles and values that I can’t condone. They can keep whatever limited privileges they were thinking of granting me, and I’ll just stick with the inalienable rights that have served me and so many Americans well for over two centuries.

Regards and best wishes to all the good folks here at TGO. I’m going to dinner now.

I'm done watching the dog and pony show also. Somebody pm me when they finally decide to vote on the override.:D

So I take it you guys are not fishermen? :P