Out of the trash bin.. just add Krylon

I received a ROUGH Rem 700 SA HS Precision LTR stock with a purchase a while back. Someone had removed the paint with sandpaper or something very abrasive. Well it was still a good stock.. it just needed a little TLC and a few minor repairs.

I used Marine-Tex to fill in the chips and to add "grip texture" to certain areas. Then I went crazy with Krylon rattle cans. Not too shabby for my 1st attempt . I hope to pick up a Rem 700 Barreled action this weekend and then take my 1st shot at bedding a stock/receiver (marine-tex).

I thought that I would share the progress, as it was a fun way to save a good stock.

Before:

4647149991_f55e3381a7_b.jpg

Adding the Marine-tex texture / filling the chips:

4647765350_70d1f1a007_b.jpg

4647150371_0ed967311d_b.jpg

Adding paint and "camo"

4647766156_b8e527ea98.jpg

Before removing the tape...

4647151027_6abf55164a_b.jpg

The "after"

4647766426_4cfe40dd04_b.jpg

4647151131_f723599749_b.jpg

Edited by MikeW
  • Replies 11
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Overall I like it great paint work. But I could live without the texturing, it just doesn't seem aesthetically pleasing to me, like it just doesn't belong.

I agree. It kinda cheapens the look of all your hard work.

But if "form follows function" is what you're after.....:shrug:

:rolleyes:

Thanks for the replies fellas.

I did pick up the action today and test fitted everything. I may start the bedding project tomorrow. I need a releasing agent... I will hit wal-mart in the AM and get some neutral kiwi shoe polish.

• 2 weeks later...

I did the bedding a couple of weeks ago. I was pleased for my first attempt.

I may put a different bipod on it so I have not painted the pod yet.

First trip to the range today. Should be a nice shooter when I get the load worked out.

4694171241_285a89f8ea_b.jpg

4694806038_f067ca19cf_b.jpg

4694173163_760fc5eb5c.jpg

100 yards after sighting in

4694174241_4bc3422070_b.jpg