Suggestions Please

Guest TNDixieGirl

Guest TNDixieGirl

Thank you all for the educational advice and suggestions. I'll follow up on all of them before making any final decisions.

Happy New Year To All!

• 1 month later...
  • Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest TNDixieGirl

Me again guys.

I'm still searching and researching the pocket gun choices.

The Kahr CW9 and PM9. I looked at both online, and the only difference I could spot was less than an inch in length. Is that the only difference? If it is, why such a drastic price difference in the two? I'm going for reliability for sure, but I still have to stay within a budget. If it means waiting a little longer and saving up, I plan on doing that too.

I'm going to the range tomorrow so I'm going to see if they have either, or hopefully both, and compare them.

At the moment, I'm loving the S&W 642, but it's not 9mm and I was hoping to stick with a 9.

Guest BG38357

It's good that you are taking your time.

I recently got a S&W638 revolver for when I need something smaller.

My 66 3" or one of my Sigmas are preferred when I can carry one.

I own a Kahr K9 and absolutely love it. They are extremely thin and that makes a huge difference in concealability. I have shot a PM9 and it was a cool little gun but unfortunately my friend had several issues with it and sent it back to KAHR twice. The CW series is slightly larger and has a pinned(not dovetailed) polymer front sight other than that I see no difference. They all have a wonderful long smooth DA trigger pull that is long enough and heavy enough to be lawyer safe. Yet also smooth enough to make you smile.;) There have been many reports of issues with the PM9 but I take these with a grain of salt because generally people complain faster than praise(especially on the internet). If you found a PM9 that proved reliable it may well be the second best "pocket" gun out there behind the J-Frame of course.:D

Can't believe this has gone three pages and as many months without the mention of a S&W M&P 9 Compact!! It's not as tiny as the Kel-tec, but better built and much more pleasant for range use. Hold this gun beside all the other similar types and you'll see it has the lowest bore-axis of them all, relative to your grip. This mean less muzzle flip as more recoil is directed rearward, instead of upward. They are incredible guns to shoot. If you are OK carrying the full size Sigma, the M&P compact will be a breeze. The main benefit for concealment that the Kahrs and KelTecs have over the Smith is their super-slimness. Length and height are generally less important than width in this regard. (I'm still talking about guns, guys!) You originally stated DAO, no safety, preferably a Smith, and smaller than a Sigma... we have a winner here! =)

Also, they aren't too incredibly expensive, and until the end of April (I believe) S&W is offering a $50 mail in rebate AND two more free mags (total of 4) with the purchase of any M&P or Sigma!