2 HANDGUNS YOU'LL NEVER SELL

Guest 10mm4me

• Replies 110
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

#1 g27

i've swapped around a lot of guns since i got it

still in search of #2. i was a fond of a air weight 38spl but it got swapped off. may be another air weight or something similar in my future or a full size glock/springfield 45acp, i havn't had one of those yet, or maybe a 1911 45, or maybe ..................

Guest tbone

I've got an S&W revolver chambered in 45 Long Colt and a Colt Trooper .357 that belonged to my Dad. I will keep both of these until I pass them down to my sons.

I would never sell the H&R .22 revolver my grandparents owned

They aren't handguns but I would also never sell, the Stevens 311a 20 guage shotgun my father and grandfather owned and the ruger 10/22 given to me by a friend who later passed away.

1. This:

PolicePositivewithholster001.jpg

A late '70's Colt Police Positive .38 Special. It was my first 'serious' handgun (had a Titan .25acp before that.) It belonged to the father of a friend of mine (actually, his dad and I ended up being friends, too.) After I met him, my friend's dad fell and broke his neck. He was mostly in a wheelchair - although he was able to walk a little, eventually. I lived on East Fifth in Knoxville at the time and when they found out that the only handgun I had for home defense was a .25, they offered me the Colt at a good price as my buddy had his own handguns and his dad could no longer shoot it, anyway. My friend's dad - who has since passed away - reminded me a lot of my own late father. I used this revolver to stop an attempted home invasion not long after they sold it to me (no shots fired - the folks attempting to break in our front door saw the Colt in my hand - aimed at one of their heads - through the window in the front door and ran away.) The only way this one will ever go anywhere is if I sell it back to my friend who I got it from.

I put the Pachmayr's on it to make it easier to shoot but I still have the originals. I made the holster that is in the pic last year - not that I carry it all that much. I don't even shoot it all that often, anymore. I just think that holster looks good with it.

2. My Ruger P95. My grandfather in law bought it for himself. Shortly after my wife and I were married, he and I were out shooting and he decided I liked it better than he did so he gave it to me and told me to consider it a wedding present.

Those are the two handguns I am most attached to. Of course, I have a couple of long guns that belonged to dad and both the Colt and the Ruger would go before I would part with those.

Edited by JAB
Guest Whiskers

34 Beretta my uncle took from a German pilot after shooting him down (actually, the pilots BUG.... he had a P38 as well) I have a photo of my uncle standing on the wing of the plane holding up the guns.

Mark II that belonged to my son.

I have no other guns......... yeah.....no really.....

Guest motonut

Well #1 is the first gun I bought myself in '85 or '86, a S&W 686 4".

The other (right now) is my new Buck Mark Eclipse.

However, I have a new Sig P229 Equinox on the way so #2 is subject to change...

Guest smileyguy

1) Polish Tokarev

2) CZ-52

Not the most glamorous guns, but they don't make 'em any more. Also I wouldn't get much for them.

I generally don't like selling. I'm still mad at myself for selling my PF-9, but then again my 930SPX financed some other goodies.